1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden named to All-NBA First Team; Howard Second Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 4, 2014.

1. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Terrific post.

2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I still cant believe that he had such a stinker in the playoffs after having such a marvelous offensive season this year. And then I watched how the "NBA rigs games" on youtube...Its such a great honor to be selected as an ALL NBA player, and considering that he was the first Houston Rocket since Hakeem won the honors...It totally baffles me at how epic his playoff collapse was..

3. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

You know it's funny because now that iv had a chance to read a lot of peoples reaction to harden being 1st team I have come to a conclusion. All these haters really know deep down inside harden Is really f****** good. The amount of hate and just plain lies about him is quite entertaining. Clearly he's got issues on defense but these guys who vote get paid to watch basketball. They watch everyone and he still got 1st team even with the "defense" video and his poor playoff showing.

Some of you are objective and correct. He need work, he himself knows that, but to act like he's a complete negative for the rockets shows little respect for how good he is and a clear lack of knowledge for the game. With his flaws he's still a top 10 players in the game at 24 I might add. Top 5 in MVP and 1st team all nba. Yet rockets fans hate this guy. U realize the bobcats or the kings would be ripping there 24 yr old superstar who accomplished all harden did this yr? I think not. We need to appreciate this guy some of us are acting as if we have had all nba 1st team players on our team every yr. realize it's been 18 yrs.

This is a great thing for not only james harden but the rockets and us fans. We have a legit stud to build around he's super young and only going to get better. Enjoy it cause hardens our player and he ain't going anywhere.

4. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

who on earth uses total points? 18 to 12 ppg is a huge difference. Do you actually give credit to a guy being the main threat on one of the worst offensive teams in the nba? Are we giving Spencer Hawes credit for the defense in Philly? lol

#184 Aleron, Jun 5, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2014
  5. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Thing is we are not those teams. We supposedly are contenders, so don't put us in the same sentence. There are no haters here, only criticism.

6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

With this website, that last sentence isn't true at all.

7. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Either way if they hate him or not the main reason is because they are either not producing to their expectations or living up to being a leader.
    We know his d is bad but some of his offense is also questionable. He pump fakes too much and looks for the foul more then the bucket. I'm not saying don't use your skill, but be more aggressive and less herky.

8. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

No a hater is someone that says james harden is a negative to the team as if he doesn't produce the 5th most win Shares in the league. This whole forum has ally of hate for harden. Criticism is one thing I totally agree with you on he should here it about his defense and playoffs woes but don't act like ppl arnt on here saying his offense is a gimmick and any player can do it with his touches when we all know that's not true and the numbers back what in saying up as only 7 players in the history of the game have had season better than his this yr.

And about the contender thing yes your right we our a contender but with that said we we're the bucks and sac before harden got here and made us contenders. Don't forget that. We're contenders because of him. Dwight's here because of him. Don't forget.

9. Rox23

Rox23 Member

Does this voting take into consideration the playoffs? Because if it does...

10. TheJet

TheJet Member

No. That has been asked an answered multiple times in this thread alone.

Harden was the best SG in the league this season, with a case to be made for Curry. And to anticipate the follow up question, I believe the All NBA team pulls from all guard positions, not just PG, SG.

11. chandlerbang21

You must work for the PR department. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and as seen on this forum not everyone agrees that harden deserves the consideration. Guys that get caught up in ppg think he is great while ignoring bad defense , shot selection, decision making on the floor. Not everyone is a "hater" some people like watching complete versatile players and harden isn't close to that yet

12. TheJet

TheJet Member

You're right about one thing. Everyone has an opinion. I knew a lot of people that hated Michael Jordan. Ball hog. Shoots too much. Can't beat Detroit. Off the court issues.

I'm not comparing Harden to MJ. I'm pointing out that even the GOAT had people that didn't think he was all that. Nothing new aside from the internet getting involved.

Harden was very good this year. He had a bad playoff shooting slump but his regular season statistics were pretty damn impressive. He may not have been unanimous first team but claiming he doesn't deserve being in the conversation is just unfair.

13. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Look at our offensive game plan throughout the season and our offensive game plan in the playoffs, we have completely changed our gameplan in the playoffs we went from run and gun team (which Harden excel at) to a half court offensive team in the playoffs (which took Harden out of rhythm every game)
    am not giving Harden a pass for his performance in the playoffs but it was very obvious to me that Harden had to adjust his game during the playoffs and at times he looked completely lost on where he needs to be positioned.

14. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Well done to our big 2! Wish Howard got team 1 but still happy for him.

Some of you are obvious fake fans that have no real intention of supporting our team or players and would be better off at another website.

15. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

has anyone seen the espn article on harden?

16. Fundamental

Fundamental Rookie

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/68754/james-harden-an-errant-all-nba-selection

"Let’s start with what happens on the other side of the court. The man with the Rip Van Winkle beard perpetually plays defense like he just woke up. It’s difficult for a perimeter player to become an Internet sensation because of bad defense, but in this instance the fame is well earned. Harden isn’t just mediocre or even flawed as a defender, he’s corrosive to his team’s efforts on that end, a saboteur to Daryl Morey’s continuous goal of building a top-10 defense. "

17. TheJet

TheJet Member

There's another thread devoted to that article here:
    http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=255183