1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden lands on 'Team Stephen' All-Star team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jan 25, 2018.

1. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Article was wrong...hmmmm. Yet you and one other person are the only ones who thought that way. Interesting lol

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Struggling to imagine that?

3. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

How about this...find the article and I'll apologize. If you don't find it, I'll assume you read it wrong.

4. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

How about this... I pretty much don't care about you enough to react beyond this post. At least you're a Rockets fan. You have that going for you.

It was great talking to you. You seem really really friendly.

5. MacLovin

MacLovin Member

Thanks bud and it's ok, we all make mistakes.

6. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

TIL people don't know what alternating means.

ANYWAYS, I created my own walk through/theory of how the draft went. Click the spoilers if you're bored enough to read the reasoning on the picks.

1. Kevin Durant
    2. Giannis Antentokounmpo
    3. Anthony Davis
    4. James Harden
    5. Demarcus Cousins
    6. Joel Embiid
    7. Kyrie Irving
    8. Demar Derozan
    ---(Curry gets the 9th pick)---
    9. Klay Thompson
    10. Kevin Love
    11. Draymond Green
    12. Russell Westbrook
    13. Jimmy Butler
    14. Victor Oladipo
    15. Karl-Anthony Towns
    16. Bradley Beal
    17. Damian Lillard
    18. Lamarcus Aldridge
    19. Al Horford
    20. John Wall
    21. Kyle Lowry
    22. Kristaps Porzingis

1. Kevin Durant
    3. Anthony Davis
    4. James Harden

At this point the teams look like

Lebron
    PG
    SG
    Durant
    James
    Davis

Curry

Curry
    Harden
    Giannis
    PF
    C

So, Lebron has 2 positions left to fill. SG and PG. The players left would be Kyrie Irving, Demar Derozan, Demarcus Cousins, and Joel Embiid. I'm positive that if Harden was still available pass the 4th pick then Lebron would have taken him with the 5th pick over Kyrie, Demar, Boogie, and Embiid. (Meaning that Curry would have taken one of Demar or Embiid before Harden which is unlikely)

So, Lebron is left with a tough decision to make. Only two guards are left in Demar and Kyrie. Lebron needs two guards. Curry needs two bigs. Curry is unlikely to choose Kyrie, so he'll likely be available with the next pick. So, do I choose Derozan, Boogie, or Embiid? Boogie may be better than Embiid, and he already has Davis on his team. "Boogie or Derozan? Can I play KD at SG?" Boogie goes 5th, and this screws up Curry's draft board big time.

So, now Curry has to pick between Embiid, Derozan, and Kyrie. With no bigs other than Giannis Curry is almost forced to draft Embiid with the 6th pick. Curry COULD draft Derozan or Kyrie because it is unlikely Lebron drafts a 3rd big though, but I don't think he think that hard about it. Embiid goes 6th, Kyrie goes 7th, and Derozan goes 8th. Here's the interesting thing. LeBron COULD have gone with Derozan 7th instead of Kyrie, and made himself the starting PG with everyone else playing their natural position. Still, LeBron probably trusted KD enough to start at 2, and still wants to win very badly. Kyrie is a better 4th quarter threat than Derozan.

1. Kevin Durant
    3. Anthony Davis
    4. James Harden
    5. Demarcus Cousins
    6. Joel Embiid
    7. Kyrie Irving
    8. Demar Derozan
    ---(Curry gets the 9th pick, and it alternates)---
    9. Klay Thompson
    10. Kevin Love
    11. Draymond Green
    12. Russell Westbrook

It's a little obvious that Curry picked his teammates as his first two reserves. That left Lebron with a huge pool of players to pick, and Westbrook is easily the best out of all the reserves, but I'm going to give Lebron the benefit of the doubt that he chose Love before Russ. Curry would NEVER willingly draft Russ which gives Lebron the chance to draft Westbrook 12th.

Team Curry
    Curry
    Derozan - Klay
    Harden -
    Giannis- Green
    Embiid

Team Lebron
    Kyrie - Westbrook
    Durant
    James
    Davis - Love
    Boogie

Curry said it got very hard in the middle of the reserves, and I agree. If you're Curry who do you draft? 5 guards, 4 bigs, 1 swingman. Beal, Oladipo, Wall, Lillard, and Lowry. or Aldridge, Porzingis, Towns, Horford. or Jimmy Butler? At the moment he only has Giannis and Klay to defend Lebron and KD. That may not be enough. Curry picks Butler with the 13th pick as the final SG/SF of his team.

Now what does Lebron do? Gotta think he needs a true shooting guard who can defend/score/shoot. With Butler taken that leaves Beal and Oladipo. (You kind of HAVE to take Butler over both Dipo and Beal, so that further helps my theory of Butler being taken 13th.) Or should Lebron go best player available instead of needs? Towns, Lillard, Wall, Aldridge, and Porzingis are still available.... but Aldridge, Lillard, Wall, and Porzingis are all redundant since he drafted Love and Westbrook. So, Beal or Oladipo... or Towns? He has 3 bigs, but no 2-guard. Plus, AD could play center when Cousins is out. And if Towns is taken Horford, Aldridge, and Unicorn are still left. Now all he has to figure out who he liked more out of Beal and Dipo. Lebron takes Oladipo with the 14th pick.

At this point Curry's team looks funky, and he knows it. There's like 3 point guards left, so he's not worried about a back up. Lillard, Wall, and Lowry. Any would be fine. There's only two centers left though. Towns and Horford. Curry takes Towns with the 15h pick, and doesn't look back. It also doesn't hurt that Towns plays with Butler. That's chemistry there.

13. Jimmy Butler
    14. Victor Oladipo
    15. Karl-Anthony Towns
    16. Bradley Beal
    17. Damian Lillard
    18. Lamarcus Aldridge
    19. Al Horford

Team Curry
    Curry - Lillard
    Derozan - Thompson
    Harden - Butler
    Giannis - Green
    Embiid - Towns - Horford

Team Lebron
    Irving - Westbrook
    Durant - Oladipo - Beal
    James -
    Davis - Love
    Cousins - Aldridge

Available players: Lillard, Lowry, Wall, Beal, Aldridge, Porzingis, Horford

So, who does Lebron pick with his 16th pick? Lebron might feel like he messed up, but he already has 2 PGs, 2 SFs, 2 PFs, and 1 C. So, at this point he probably lumps in Horford with Porzingis, and Aldridge. Lebron doesn't need a point guard (Wall, Lowry, Lillard) so he needs to pick between Beal and the three bigs left. Beal, Horford, Aldridge, or Unicorn? Lebron doesn't know who to draft. He thinks... "well me, KD, AD, and Love can all play small ball 4.. I think I'll get the last guard/wing." Bron picks Beal with the 16th pick.

If you look at Curry's team his bench actually looks good, and all that is missing a PG. He picks Lillard with the 17th pick, and as his back up point guard. Probably feels that Lillard is better than Wall and Lowry. (somewhere Wall gets mad.)

At this point Lebron probably has the better collection of players, but his starting line-up is really confusing things. So he recaps by natural position. 2 PGs, 2 SGs, 2 SFs, 2 PFs, and 1 C. One of Lowry, Wall, Aldridge, Horford, and Porzingis. Another guard, or a big? Aldridge just dropped 30 on my head last night, plus he can score and rebound. LeBron takes Aldridge 18th.

Now Curry has two picks left. Lowry, Wall, Horford, or Porzingis. He does the same thing, and lists his players by natural position. 2 PGs, 2 SGs, 2 SFs (Butler), 1 PF, and 2 Cs. So, he has to pick between Horford and Unicorn. Curry plays on a team that really loves ball movement, and Horford is a player that will likely move the ball. Unicorn can score, but will he fit better than Horford? Can he even play and defend the center position? Horford goes 19th.

20. John Wall
    21. Kyle Lowry
    22. Kristaps Porzingis

Team Curry
    Curry - Lillard - Lowry
    Derozan - Thompson
    Harden - Butler
    Giannis - Green
    Embiid - Towns

Team Lebron
    Irving - Westbrook - Wall
    Durant - Oladipo - Beal
    James -
    Davis - Love - Porzingis
    Cousins - Aldridge

Available players: Wall, Lowry, Porzingis

After this it becomes sort of easy. LeBron has enough bigs. Probably thinks Wall is better than Lowry plus he has Beal. Takes Wall 20th. (WALL IS FUMING HE GOT PICKED 20TH) Curry is satisfied with his bigs, and takes Lowry with his final pick. Thus, LeBron takes Porzingis as the 22nd and final pick of the draft.

Final teams:
    Stephen Curry: (3 PG, 3 SG, 2 SF, 1 PF, 3 C)
    Point guards (1): Steph Curry, Damian Lillard, Kyle Lowry
    Swingmen (2/3): Giannis Antentnokounmpo, James Harden, Demar Derozan, Klay Thompson, Jimmy Butler,
    Bigs (4/5): Joel Embiid, Draymond Green, Karl-Anthony Towns, Al Horford

Lebron James: (3 PG, 2 SG, 2 SF, 4 PF, 1 C)
    Point Guards (1): Kyrie Irving, Russell Westbrook, John Wall
    Swingmen (2/3): Lebron James, Kevin Durant, Bradley Beal, Victor Oladipo
    Bigs (4/5): Anthony Davis, Demarcus Cousins, Kevin Love, Lamarcus Aldridge, Kristaps Porzingis.

I think Lebron's team is better, but if it becomes a 3 point shootout then Curry's team can likely win it.

7. OTMax

OTMax Member

[​IMG]

Awesome, it's not fully white! They really make the fire pop :) I thought they'd sell them with optional sponsors?? F that Kia logo!

D-rock likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Well....Yippee!

DD

#129 DaDakota, Jan 26, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 26, 2018
  9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

11. Salvy

Salvy Member

Heth tha beth playa in tha nba rigth now..

12. J.R.

J.R. Member