1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is the best player on the Rockets period.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by tinman, Oct 30, 2012.

?

Thank you Morey, James Harden

1. has made the Rockets respectable again around the league

44 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. is the first of two major players we get, the 2nd will come

109 vote(s)
    53.4%
  3. has made Rockets fans forget about Dwight Howard

17 vote(s)
    8.3%
  4. was a basketball move, not a marketing move

34 vote(s)
    16.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Who is the 2nd best player?

Lin, Asik, or Parsons?

Or maybe Terrence Jones?

2. Linboy

Linboy Member

Really I'm kind of busy to list down your racist and condescending comment.

You sound hurt... Perhaps some soothing words "Oh spiegel you innocent angel. "

Sorry

Need to puke again. Lol

3. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

how come there's no thumbs up/down button when you need one, lol.

4. shoops

shoops Member

asdf

^ my contribution to this great thread

5. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

Tinman was tinman from the day he signed up. Nothing had changed and nothing ever will.

This tinman gets his fountain of youth by antagonizing xOF's like you.

Move on and stop stressing yourself!

BTW Harden is the best player but Asik is the most important player on this Rockets team!

6. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Hi DXtreme, welcome to CF. found you here, don't worry about the harden thread that AdrenaLine started. It is dedicated to Tinman. We love tha Harden trade.

On another note, where is coachbadlee when Tinman is creating havoc in CF. badlee... Get out of the hole!

7. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

Show me a list or atleast one quoet of my supposed racist comments?. It's you're dumb antics that has soured alot of people.

8. Jenopogi

Jenopogi Contributing Member

Hahaha, can I puke too? :grin:

9. Linboy

Linboy Member

As of now probably Harden.

But does it matter? More importantly is for them to gel and play well together.

Carmelo was a pretty good individual... But see what he did to his coach and team

10. Linboy

Linboy Member

Gotta work spiegel. Ciao

"oh you innocent angel you"

11. Champ06

Champ06 Member

I appreciate this thread if the intention is to thank Morey for job well done but......
    .....should not be imposing one's opinion on other. Although, I agreed with you that currently, Harden is the best player on Rockets, other posters may differ with your or mine opinion. Every posters have their right to their opinion on who is the best player on the team. I would agree to disagree with their opinion however strongly I feel that I am right.

12. TheGM

TheGM Contributing Member

Never mind.

#92 TheGM, Oct 30, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2012
  13. roxxy

roxxy Member

Disagree he isn't the best player on the Rockets. Neither is Lin which I am sure brings you a significant amount of comfort seeing as that was the point you were trying to drive home.

The best player is Omer Asik.

14. kuku

kuku Contributing Member

I would agree more if you had said, 'The most important player is Omer Asik.'

15. DXtreme

DXtreme Member

Morey's daughter thinks Parsons is the bestest player:grin:

16. torocan

torocan Member

Skill =/ Leadership.

Go to 100 organizations... you'll see that more often than not, the person who is asked to RUN the show is often not the most technically competent.

17. SuperBeeKay

SuperBeeKay Member

How does Lin have credibility over Harden? Are established players of the NBA going to listen a guy who had a good stretch of some games last year as opposed to a guy who has played on the highest level (Olympics, NBA finals)?

Lin will defintely be a leader of this team; but there's a pecking order and I think he will have to defer to Harden

18. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

Whoever plays better down the road will be the best, and it could be one of our rookies.

If Harden doesn't perform as the best, we are in serious trouble with his max contract.

I hope everyone can outperform our expectations.

19. torocan

torocan Member

Leadership is not granted on the basis of credibility alone.

Leaders emerge in a group for any number of reasons...

1) Authority of role -- Someone grants them that role. IE, they're hired as the manager. Like it or not, they're in charge. Similarly, a PG by default is the floor leader. Coach says, "You go where he tells you" and everyone does.

2) Abdication of leadership -- if nobody wants to be the leader in a group, the person who's willing to do the job becomes the leader by default

3) Competence -- the person is viewed as the most skilled for the job, so people default to their opinion (your argument for leadership)

4) Personal charisma and ability to craft alliances -- people tend to follow people who are confident and they personally trust. You are less likely to follow someone who does NOT have your best interests at heart or acts like they don't know what they're doing

Etc, etc.

There's other reasons as well, but I'm not here to write a treatise on the nature of leadership and management.

Sure, Harden is the BEST player.

That by no means makes him the automatic best leader, or the default leader, or the assigned leader on the floor or off the floor.

In the end, we'll see how it pans out, but just by virtue of being the PG the odds ON the floor are in Lin's favor since his position is a traditional leadership role.

20. supermang

supermang Member

TINMAN,

I used to respect you a lot but now i dont even think you are an adult anymore, and if you are you are pathetic. I was the sports editor at the Daily Texan and a writer for ESPN; i know you love credentials and demean people whom you think have inferior bball knowledge.

What are you so threatened by? Are you even a freaking American? Because here in America, "I might not agree with what you say, but ill defend to the death your right to say it". You are so disrespectful and a coward. People cant talk about a CURRENT ROCEKTS PLAYER'S PAST??? Ive been reading this forum since you fckign joined and I cant even begin to understand where you are getting your power trip from.

How dare you try to defend your racist as shiet statement "go eat stinky tofu and dance gangnam style". You are making a statement to a general race of people. Yes it is a real food, so is fried chicken. Would you tell a group of african americans to "go eat friend chicken and and around on street corners????

Its sad because i agree with everything you said about basketball, but you are just using basketball to launch your passive aggresive racial attacks.

To quote Mr. Shuttlesworth, You need to get that hate out your heart, boy.

7 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.