1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is still really awesome

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 21, 2012.

1. BraveFox

BraveFox Member

i never saw anyone attacking the rim with that kind of confidence...go James Harden just keep attacking the rim! that's your game!

2. ThisIsOurCity

ThisIsOurCity Member

For a team with so many new faces and little chemistry we dont look half bad. Give it a year or two and this team will be dangerous.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Updated James Harden stats

Raw numbers: 25.2ppg(#4 in NBA)/4.2rpg/4.9apg/1.7spg
    Shooting: 44%/32% 3pt/83%fts on 9.8(!!!!) FTs per game/58% TS. For reference on TS%, which takes into account 3s and FTs along with regular shooting, Lebron is at 58%. Durant 62%. Melo 56%. Westbrook 50%.

I was as big a fan of the Harden trade as anyone, but I thought these would be stats we see in a year or two. Especially his shooting efficiency. But he's already putting up superstar numbers without even participating in a single Rockets training camp.

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He had a Kevin Martin esque TS% last year which is pretty crazy considering KMart was the God of true shooting.

I think they do share a lot of similiarities in that they both draw a lot of fouls and can train the three on a consistent basis. Only difference is Harden can create his own shot and dribble but Martin can't.

5. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yep, that's why I don't get people saying we should tank. We already found our superstar and we already have plenty of young guys with potential. It's time to find a young-ish #2 option with our cap space then just build chemistry and experience.

6. meh

meh Contributing Member

^I just ignore tanking talks, because the Rockets have already done their "tanking." Most guys in their rotation have like less than 100 games under their belt. If the Rockets win 40+ games this season, it likely means we have found at least a #3 option for a championship contender. If not a #2 guy.

Also it seems that Harden gets superstar calls. Generally it seems like the only time a Rocket goes to the line is if they get clobbered, but the refs are quite quick with the whistle when Harden may or may not get contact. I don't even know if I'm suppose to be happy or pissed off at the double standard.

7. RiceRockets

RiceRockets Member

Love this guy... I'm definitely not a doubter - he is our long term number 1 option... now we need to find a number 2 option. We would be really dangerous if we get someone like aldridge

8. Dat Dude

Dat Dude Member

That would be dirty. I have him at 1B to Kevin Love. That's the guy I would give anything, sans Harden of course, to get.

9. GTRockets

GTRockets Member

Totally agree! i don't understand why we should continue to tank especially if we are planning to attract another star player. That star player would probably want to play for a winner. Also like you said before this team is filled will alot of players in their 2-4 season.