1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is still really awesome

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by meh, Nov 21, 2012.

1. thekad

thekad Member

Needs to cut down on his turnovers (this will come) and become a better defender (not so sure about this) to become a superstar. But, yeah, he's already an All-Star and he's only 23. Parsons, Asik, Jones, maybe Motiejunas, I'm still excited about this team.

The so-called elephant in the room I never expected to be a major contributor on the court to the Rockets anyway. Unfortunately, now it seems he may be an albatross on the our cap situation.

2. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

This team would struggle to win 10 games without James. He is carrying us with great character.

3. meh

meh Contributing Member

Well, in that case you'd really disagree with JVG. JVG loved defense, loved T-Mac, and did not ask T-Mac to be a lockdown defender but rather a playmaker/scorer.

Oh, and JVG's disciple Thibs feels the same way. The Bulls were a better defensive team last year with Rose off the court, by a good margin. And I never saw Thibs getting on Rose's grill for not defending as well as ex-Rockets nobody Lucas.

4. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Difference is, we've seen tracy lock guys down and take them completly out the game. Right now, harden is worse than martin defensively.

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

this!!!

6. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

So what I'm getting from all this is.

Harden does not need to improve defensively, since it does not matter as long as he keeps up the offense.

All I'm saying is he could use improvement on defense, I don't get why you are vehemently telling me that he doesn't need to.

7. BEAT LA

BEAT LA Member

To those who called him God and said he's the only God that exists after game 2, way to make the basketball Gods angry.

8. split41

split41 Member

He is definitely the man on this team, but he's still very young and needs to figure out exactly what his role on this team is. I don't want this team to turn into LeBrons Cavs...

his turnovers will come down with time and I think he'll be able to be more clutch in those ISO plays with more trial and error.

9. dragonz

dragonz Member

Royce White was a bright spot too :p

Almost blinded my eyes

10. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

needs to cut down turnovers (think he's leading the league) and fix his 3 pt %

11. Rocket_Man_2.0

Rockets Player Rankings

1.Harden
    2.Asik
    3.Parson
    4.Morris
    5.T.Jones
    6.Patterson
    7.J.Lin
    8.T.Douglas
    9.G.Smith
    10.Montiejunas
    11.Delfino
    12.Aldrich
    13.D.Cook
    14.Machado
    15.R.White

12. Ming The King

Ming The King Member

Patterson and Parsons are shooting better because Harden's presence.
    They are alone because other teams overdefense Harden.
    I'm not worried about the TO. Again, sometimes he is force to do a lot of things and that force the TO.

Rockets have to build around Harden.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Sorry dude this thread is meh do you know what that means it means othing because you just post like a b**** like you have sumpin to say b**** You got nothing b****

1 person likes this.
  14. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Harden is special. He still has a lot to improve on to become a true franchise player, but he's definitely an all-star this year. I would like for him to improve his playmaking as the season progresses.

Parsons has also been awesome. No 2nd yr slump for him. 3pt shooting, rebounding, playmaking, ballhandling, aggression have all been improved. This dude is our starting SF for years to come. I can see him average 18+ points down the line. Parsons and Harden will man our perimeter for a very long time.

Asik - he's doing what I thought he would do: defend and rebound. His offense is awful, but he was just as bad in Chicago. For our offense to be more effective, either PPat becomes elite, or we get an elite PF. But Asik is doing what he should be doing.

15. jbasket

jbasket Member

T-Mac stepped up his defence in the playoffs to great levels. I hope harden steps up a bit as well if we make it in the future years.

16. VanityHalfBlack

[​IMG]

17. mogrod

mogrod Contributing Member

I really like how he's approached his offense the last few games. He's doing more in the mid-range, whether it's getting the ball in a pseudo high-post or pull up jumpers with the defender retreating. After the first game or two, it was either feast or famine (attack the rim or forced 3-pointer).

I still think he forces it too much at times but, to his defense, he almost has to with how much the defenses key on him with no other consistent offensive threats. I think though, this is where his TOs are coming from. Also, he kind of disappears at times to me.

What's scary is he's one of the top scorers and he's shooting below his career percentages, not to mention how many more assists would he have if teammates could his a shot?

As for his defense... his on-ball seems adequate to me, it's when he's focusing too much somewhere else while playing off-the-ball is where he seems to struggle.

All in all, I think he's only going to get better and better as he A) gets more adjusted to his role and his teammates and B) keeps utilizing more ways to get the ball and get a shot, thus varying his attack and C) gets back to his normal shooting. I can see him scoring about the same but just being more efficient, but his assists will keep going up while TOs down.

18. Noob Cake

Noob Cake Member

No matter how you cut it, Harden is still a top 4 SG.

I'll take Harden over Lamb, Martin and that Toronto pick anyday.

19. conquistador#11

we got ourselves a bearded super star with him. He just has to cut down on the turnovers to at least 3 a game.

Parsons has come a long way too. He does it all, maybe the best well rounded weapon we have. Patterson and Lin have to step up. I'll be cheering for them. Pat is aware of what he has to do. "When you have a presence like Asik, I tend to get hesitant at going after the boards. " I'm paraphrasing his quote after last night's game.

But back to harden, so much for he only plays against backups! sucks that he suited up against utah since it dropped his ppg avg =(.

20. jocar

jocar Member

[​IMG]