1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is never leaving us

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Oct 15, 2015.

?

Do you believe James?

1. Yes

70.8%
  2. No

29.2%
  1. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

You could argue that Morey owes Harden for saving his job.

2. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Yes, with Morey as GM, current team will be better each year, there is no a reason for him to leave for another team. LA or NY? I do not think so. We could get Durant to pair up with him too.

3. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Only short sighted, narrow minded, IQ limited, severely mentally handicapped fools ever considered firing Morey. This is a GM who not only never had a team with a losing record despite being handicapped by our owner, skillfully manages contracts and signings to avoid overpaying and needlessly going over the salary cap, and rebuilt a team with not a single top pick. Getting a player like Harden had less to do with luck and much more to do with planning, keeping options open, and recognizing a superstar talent to pounce on when it arose.

4. Ns575

Ns575 Member

When you have Andre Iguodala and Harrison Barnes shooting 3s on fast breaks you know something is wrong when they're power finishers. Yes they're a good team. Yes they won the title blah blah but their style of play is literally b!tch ball.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Why so serious?

6. Jontro

Jontro Member

We'll see. If Lin keeps up his yearly improvements, mauri might have to make tough decisions in letting Harden go and acquiring Lin.

7. thiefery

thiefery Member

I'm not a Texans fan or follow them, so on the outside looking in, I don't blame Andre for leaving. Team there never had a real legit chance to win a ring with the qb scrubs that they've had there since it's birth.

On the other hand James has seen the team get better season to season since he arrived.

8. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

He's got loyalty that rivals my own. I lived near Chicago from 1984-87 and Jordan was rocking the NBA. I shook Scottie Pippen's hand when he was a rookie. They couldn't keep my fandom. I lived in D.C. and went to at least 30 Bullets games as a kid, they couldn't keep me. I moved to Houston and it just felt right. I rejected the Bulls in favor of the Rockets. He's got loyalty that rivals my own.

God bless James Harden!

9. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Yeah, if only the Texans were even close to the franchise the Rockets are... Maybe Andre stays, I mean you can't blame him when Houston had a QB problem during the prime of his career. Here's how I imagine the texans are run, "okay guys we need a legit QB! But... If we get another defensive player maybe we can just play defense the whole game!!!", I mean it's amazing Johnson even got the stats he did, now imagine if he had a real QB. Houston actually might not of wasted his potential. Oh well, at least 2 franchises are performing in Houston. I just don't look forward to Watt leaving, but hopefully they change it around.

Anyway, if houston keeps surrounding Harden with good players and they pay him, he'd have no reason to leave, hopefully the situation still looks good when it's contract time.

10. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

The Texans are a joke of a franchise and it's a shame that much more of the city follow the Texans than the Rockets.

The Houston Texans are a piss poor organization and I really hope a buyer steps up to the plate, whose concerns are to win first.

11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Another thread in the GARM talking about the face of Houston staying here infected by the fake tough guy sport egg ball and the delusional Texan fans. Your team sucks, Your leader is an over-rated loser and unathletic

Houston belongs to the Rockets and James Harden, our MVP

Now take this egg ball **** out of the GARM

12. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

^Egg ball lol this guy is hilarious

13. OTMax

OTMax Member

Should we expect any other answer than that? No. Do I believe he thinks it's a guarantee he will end his career here? Yes.

That's all that matters, his life is great and he has no reason to change his mind. Anything can happen though. We've seen it all: key players to championship teams traded, injuries, players just before retirement opting for the money, players returning home after winning a trophy or 2, friction between team mates etc.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

15. CCorn

CCorn Member

It would be hilarious if he said something different with 3 years remaining on his contract.

"Eh maybe LA"

We'd be burning his jersey while he's an active player.

16. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

He could say the same things that others like Dwight and Lebron have said.

"I'm not really thinking about that right now, just focusing on this season".

Crap like that is exactly what he could say. By basically saying he is finishing his career in Houston I would expect him to sign a max extension once he is eligible.

17. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

It's not hard for me to agree with Clutch and J.R. (yeah, I know - it's such a struggle to ever agree with those guys!) that the words from James mean nothing. They sound good, and today he probably means it, but 3 years is an eternity in this league. If we make a couple of trips to the Finals during that stretch and add, hopefully, trophy #3, I'll feel better about retaining the guy, but nothing is certain. On our side of the leger is that Harden didn't want to leave OKC. He really didn't, by all accounts, and the Thunder reside in a black hole compared to Houston. It was their own cheap stupidity, and Morey's genius, that let us have the chance to grab him. Another item in our favor is the huge contract he just signed with Adidas. Financially, his future is secure. He's rolling in publicity now, "despite" being in Houston. It hasn't stopped him from dating a famous chick (regardless of what some of us might think of her, she is famous and could be a genuinely groovy babe outside of the spotlight. How can we know?) or hanging out with other famous Hollywood and music industry people. The spotlight matters to guys like James, LeBron, KD, and where are they playing?

It'll come down to winning. Trips to the Finals, and not only playing well himself while there, but the team also playing at the highest level. That'll keep him here, in my humble opinion. It'll also put paid to the media crapping on Houston. Back when we first had Ralph Sampson and Hakeem, we were the media's darling, believe it or not. There's nothing inherent about being in Houston that'll stop that from happening again. It's all about competing for championships in the Finals and looking good doing it. Personally, I'm optimistic about both keeping Harden and making trips to the Finals in the near future. We'll see.

PS: A third option would have been nice in your public poll, OP. This one I could have voted for -

#3 - Maybe, maybe no.

#57 Deckard, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015
  18. alethios

alethios Member

My, how the tables have turned. Now, I'm not so sure about Harden's stickiness here in Houston. Say what you want about it still be early in the season, but there's trouble in Clutch City.

19. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I wonder if James still feels the same way

20. thedude077

thedude077 Member

F*** you. Football is Houston's number 1 sport and we're glad we have a pro football despite how bad they are. We rather have a mediocre team, crap team than have nothing. That's the beauty of football, we love it no matter what. You must be a bandwagon fan who only follows elite teams. You probably a pair of underwears of Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers' face. Heck, maybe you even have Seahawks fetish as well.