1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

smile, there's justice in the world :)

disney stock getting whacked in after hours trading after crappy earnings results. specifically...

• DISNEY SAYS ESPN AD REVENUE DOWN LOW SINGLE DIGITS IN 4Q
    • DISNEY SAYS ESPN AD REVENUE PACING DOWN IN CURRENT QUARTER

DonKnock likes this.
  2. OTMax

OTMax Member

You know what I've noticed about Harden's defense, his initial defense is very solid, but as soon as he's beat even for a split second he rarely puts in the effort to go really after it a second or third time. He usually does that lame attempt at a steal, but he knows he's beat and he kind of accepts that. I wish he would get mad and get fired up for getting scored on. However, it doesn't faze him at all. That's why I think he will never be the best he can be. The great thing I loved about a guy like Maxwell is how he would take it personal and yes it would turn selfish in that he would try to get a bucket after he got scored on, sometimes leading to some ill-advised three point shootouts, but still. Harden has to care a little about letting his team down? My guess is if he doesn't that he figures he makes up for it and more on offense.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

deserves its own thread

4. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

so you say you love Maxwell because he get's back at the opponent by getting a bucket of his own

but Harden doesn't care inspite of getting buckets for the rockets either by himself or setting up others?

HakeemOnlyFan and BigMaloe like this.
  5. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

So yea, if Harden is all of a sudden a 40% 3 point shooter, that's kinda a game changer.

Deuce, DreamShook, Houstunna and 2 others like this.
  6. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Playing 40+ minutes a game has something to do with it too.

DonKnock and OTMax like this.
  7. OTMax

OTMax Member

Exactly. Way to go, your reading skills and comprehension of my argument are impeccable..

8. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

you deny that Harden gets back at opponents scoring on him by scoring back on them and winning?

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Nope, I am not. That was not my argument, but I know how you like to exaggerate to get others to think to give you a like or support your conclusion of what I said.

10. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I've noticed it too. Harden is great, but that little extra effort would make the Rockets almost unstoppable.

11. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

12. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

13. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

I'd say something to him about his flat earther, but its a waste. Just like his tweet.

Cant wait for his whines on Saturday.

Reeko and DonKnock like this.
  14. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Harden will win the MVP and become the first player to win the Players MVP twice

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

Obviously giving more effort on everything would be better in the ideal world. But even Westbrook, the guy everyone think is never tired, takes a lot of plays off on defense. Harden needs to find the optimal balance between offense/defense and playing-minutes to produce best results long term. It's a marathon, the guys racing with full strength at the beginning flames out first.

hakeem94 and RyanB like this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Not a travel. Just ridiculous footwork. Harden squeezed in a couple extra micro steps during his gather.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the NBA decides to call that differently next year, though.

17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

18. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s amazing how after all these years defenders still can’t help themselves from reaching in on Harden...the scouting report says don’t reach, the film shows that u shouldn’t reach, the coaching staff makes it a point of emphasis, yet players continue to do it all the time

mikol13, adw and RyanB like this.
  19. RyanB

RyanB Member

Even the league decided to invent a new rule to stop Harden and yet he always find a way to fool the defense and get hisa baskets and fouls. Unbelievable

20. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

It's because theres nothing they can do..it would be simply layup after layup