1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

lol! I didn't click on the spoiler link until 1AM. I was ready to read!

2. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I'm sitting here trying to figure some **** out. Can someone tell me why did Adam Silver remove team media members from MVP voting this year? So, the people who represents the league and actually help bring in the revenue don't even have a fxcking vote. Why did he pick the year with the tightest MVP race to restrict voting? All of this instead of giving players and coaches votes. WTF!

Why do ESPN have so many fxcking votes? This league is a **** show. ESPN IS NOT THE GLOBAL CENTER OF SPORTS. Only the basketball analysts on NBA TONIGHT should have a vote, not every ****ing talking head on the screen. Media members should not be the only voters for sports awards. Maybe past MVP winners deserve a vote.

The only conclusions I have, is either Adam Silver is a clone sent from Mickey Mouse or he sees Triple Doubles as a positive for the league.

#3462 Crashlanded19, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
  3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

During the season I was trying to convince myself that I didn't really care but if Harden doesn't win it this year he is definitely getting screwed... And I wish I could just slap some of these media people acting like Russ is doing things James isn't.

I mean their stats are nearly identical and Harden has turned his team into a contender and all I ever heard from the media in past years is the MVP only has a case on a 55 win team or better.

4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

For a player on 6th seed team to win MVP, he has to be vastly outplaying everyone else. But Westbrook barely has better raw numbers, but he got it with insane usage and poor efficiency.
    Majority of media just couldn't see straight.

IvanLCPM, RyanB and Fullcourt like this.
  5. jacoby

jacoby Member

Maybe I'm too annoyed by how this race is turning out to think logically, but when did the particular field of voters earn a vote in this award? It just seems fishy to me that there are a bunch of journalists voting Harden who don't have a vote, but a vast majority of Westbrook voters do have a vote. Smells of collusion to me.

Rocket River likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

"NBA alters voting process for end-of-season awards in quest for objectivity"

End-of-season NBA awards have more riding on them than ever before, so the league has taken steps to make the voting process as objective as possible, most notably eliminating all voters associated with a team in their primary job. The panel is now entirely made up of independent media members.

As a result, all radio and television broadcasters as well as web writers for team websites have been removed from the voting list. The panel will now be comprised of 100 independent media members, including at least one per NBA market. The list of voters and their votes will be published online after the league announces the winners on live television at the inaugural NBA awards show on June 26.

And here's what Silver said yesterday:
    This was on the media selecting All-NBA teams, not MVP specific but I'd assume his reasoning is the same.

BigMaloe and Crashlanded19 like this.
  7. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

8. Reeko

Reeko Member

let me guess, he doesn't actually have a vote does he...

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Very valid question. If you remove the hyperbole from the debate then you would think that by the media standards going forward anyone that can avg a TD has to be considered no? I mean if WB had just missed the TD avg would the j*zz fest for WB be going on? Does the Big O show up as a shill for WB? No, none of it.

Here is the clincher on why WB will win. The MEDIA members that have the VOTES are NOT going to be denied THEIR PART of the "HISTORY" of what Westbrook has done. It's selfish and down right ego driven but that is a huge factor, the history.

10. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

No

11. bigben69

bigben69 Member

Just heard on NBA XM channel that if Westbrook was on rockets, he would've had 60 triple doubles. They also said how impressive it was for him to chase those stats this year and how no one else did that. They didn't talk about wins at all.

12. Reeko

Reeko Member

*media member on Twitter or TV says that his MVP is James Harden*

[​IMG]

Wait, does he actually have a vote tho?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

IvanLCPM, Cashmoney, Fyreball and 8 others like this.
  13. HookemHorns1250

Eh, it's just like the ticker on the bottom of ESPN that shows "Westbrook has outscored Harden by so and so amount of points in their four games this year. Then in parenthesis it shows "(Houston won 3 out of the 4)."

Harden knows not to chase Russ in scoring. It's not the teams gameplan.

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

15. pahiyas

pahiyas Member

Ha!
    That is a silver lining. Remember, according to them, Clinton has the winning path before I slept that day.

oops, apparently they have a case for everyone else.

#3475 pahiyas, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2017
    slothy420 likes this.
  16. jbasket

jbasket Member

I'll take it. They put their back into it, and it shows. Immediate credibility was illustrated when they utilized pace-adjusted stats, not bland box-score.

17. MystikArkitect

I'm pretty sure if Westbrook was on Jordans Bulls he would've averaged a 50 point triple double while coaching the team.

J Sizzle likes this.
  18. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

This shouldn't surprise anybody. Westbrook is the new Kobe.

Daddy Long Legs and Rocket River like this.
  19. DaGreatest

DaGreatest Member

I really don't want to watch the rockets games simply because all I can think about is how Harden has gotten screwed 2 times now.

First time, "curry best player on best team" although Harden had an average at best cast and was 2nd.

This year "russ doing so much considering what he has to work with."

Damn I feel bad for the guy.

20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

So according to dream shake. 54 out of 100 votes are accounted for and it's

Westbrook:458
    Harden:393

Too many votes still left. Still alive.