1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

it's time to lose his family reunion invitation in the mail.

malakas, DonKnock and RasaqBoi like this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

verified what?

3. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I can't support this post.

J Sizzle likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Don't need him to win it, just like I didn't need him to win it 2 seasons ago when he deserved it.

He is the most valuable player to his team. In 4 of his 5 seasons with the Rockets, we have won 15+ more games than I thought possible before the season began. James Harden and Lebron James are the only players who will guarantee you make the playoffs - i.e. they lock up 40+ wins on their own - no matter what you put around them. None of the teams with top 5 records have a worse 2nd or 3rd best player than us.

And we have the guy locked up for a while, and our ownership/management just bargained in the CBA to allow us to pay him record money to retain him long term. And our cap situation is incredible at the same time. And players all over the league know it.

Things are amazing guys and the media can deny Harden this award, but they cannot deny wins and Harden gives an incredible number of f*cks about winning.

If you compare just the award of being able to have this guy on our team to the MVP, then the MVP kind of feels like player of the month used to feel. It's nice, but at the end of the day DGAF because we will be winning the championship soon. I was an accidental (my brother studied in Houston and got me hooked) and almost bandwagon Rockets fan during those first two championships. I didn't get the chance to know how it feels watching your team wreck the league with a monster player and incredible chemistry, and I've been pretty damn jealous of those who experienced it. Maybe that's why I felt like sucker punching Scottie Quitten a couple months ago when he was standing 3 feet away from me (I should've right? lol).

After we defeated the Clippers, I believed for a minute that we were going to do it. That's about it. In these 22 years since the championships, I've never felt so confident we're going to win it all soon. Who knows maybe something special happens this season, this team has shocked us plenty. But it's coming for sure. I'm hungry for a ring. This MVP talk, I'm tired of it.

[​IMG]

We're gonna make the media believe soon. And Harden will pick up the Finals MVP. We're going to bump this thread and laugh at how stupid they were to not give it to him. Let's go.

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

i like it!

I still want Harden to get that MVP though.. he's earned it

6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

If James Harden wins MVP, there is going to be a lot of haters saying he didn't deserve it, and he is the worst MVP winner.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

There will definitely be some haters, but I can't imagine anyone thinking he wasn't deserving of it. His stats are undeniable.

DonKnock likes this.
  8. HardenTime

HardenTime Member

andre iguodala has a finals mvp, tony parker has a finals mvp.. i want harden to have to what he busted his ass for and earned which the nba regular season mvp

lol ESPN with another hit piece trying to take away from hardens 40 point game talking about our bench yet again

http://www.espn.com/blog/statsinfo/...r-james-harden-another-40-point-triple-double

With a little help

As we’ve previously documented, the Rockets' bench has been a major contributor to this successful run. On Tuesday, Corey Brewer had 15 points and Nene Hilario had 10. The latter finished plus-14, the highest plus-minus for any Rockets player in Tuesday's contest.

Additionally, Montrezl Harrell went 5-of-5 from the field, making him 17-of-18 (94 percent) in the past two games. Elias notes he is the first player to shoot that well while taking that many shots over a two-game stretch since Kevin Garnett went 17-of-18 over a two-game span for the Celtics in November 2009.

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I love Corey, Nene, and Motrezl but much of their success is because of James. Any knowledgeable basketball fan or writer knows that and if they say different they just hatin'

Pen15clubber likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Anyone that talks that "Harden plays no defense" bs is a casual and should be addressed as such, even if aforementioned casual has a mic in their face daily.

11. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Well thanks to Derrick Rose, it is literally impossible for Harden to ever be the worst MVP winner.

Drogba and jordnnnn like this.
  12. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

I'm feeling less angsty about it lately. When that jerk Collin Cowherd is forced to call James the MVP, we've got a good thing going.

13. jayfree

jayfree Member

Harden will be MVP. Enough said!

#253 jayfree, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  14. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

I hope Harden gets Final MVP as well. OK I know I'm going too far.
    Anyone think MDA can out coach Kerr and Lue in a 7-game series?

BigShasta likes this.
  15. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

He will definitely outcoach those two. And that's why it's such a beautiful thing to just wait and see. Destiny has written

16. Wylo

Wylo Member

Harden has been great, but his +/- stat has been underwhelming lately, and I don't feel like we build on our lead whenever Harden checks in. He should tighten up his defense and take care of the ball more often.

#256 Wylo, Jan 11, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2017
  17. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

I honestly think James is sick and tired of hearing about Westbrook averaging a triple double, that I believe he will do what ever he can to get more rebounds a game so he can average one too.

I saw early in the game, the Hornets missed a shot and Harden was going for a rebound, but Nene snatched it from him at the last moment, and Harden yelled "Nene!" like he was peeved.

Now in games against the Thunder/Grizzlies/Jazz etc., where there are multiple opposing big men on the floor, I don't think he is capable of getting 10+ boards, but when he plays teams like the Hornets that are soft on the glass, he can get 15 rebounds like he did last night.

He currently has 8.4 rbg, or 335 total rebounds. If he plays all 82 games, he would need to end the year with 820.

So he needs 485 in his last 42 games, or 11.5 a game. Not likely he will get it, but VERY likely he will try.

darksoul35 likes this.
  18. hashmander

hashmander Contributing Member

i don't mind james glory hunting for rebounds because that helps us since he's our point guard and that potentially gets us down the floor faster. passing up easy layups hunting for assists would be a problem though.

19. MistaK

MistaK Member

Narrative changing ;)

Hui and Air Canada like this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Broussard brining the heat! Sauces be damned!

A1 sauce of course!

Air Canada likes this.