1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

No idea who this guy is but he's verified on twitter.

Is this the worst list ever made?

BigMaloe likes this.
  2. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

James Stewart = Obvious Harden Hater

#17. That is ridiculous.

It is indefensible and inexcusable. He should leave the game and move on to something else he can be stupid in.

DonKnock and BigMaloe like this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

* Enhancing Talent since 2000 * Wrestling Fan since 1987 * Executive Producer of Felger and Mazz on 98.5 the Sports Hub * http://CBSBostonSports.com Contributor
    Boston, MA

4. RockWest

RockWest Contributing Member

What an idiot.

DonKnock likes this.
  5. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

Many have talked about OKC's upcoming schedule. They are tied for 18th in strength of schedule and have had it fairly easy thus far. In their next ten games they will see:
    Memphis, LAC, GS, Utah, SA, and Cle.

We'll see how they look after that stretch.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Can any of you folks on Twitter troll this guy? He deserves it.

DonKnock likes this.
  7. jayfree

jayfree Member

On ESPN, they actually showed the clip of Harden taking the charge at the end of the Raptors game and asked if plays like that would earn him MVP. Answer: "That was the first one he took in 8 years" WOW!

8. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

During his insane triple double streak, it seemed like Westbrook was building up a sizeable enough cushion, especially on rebounds. But since, he's had rebound games of 6,6,7,5,7,8... though he continues to mix in the 15, 17 rebound games as well.

If my math is correct, he has 43 games left. If he averages 9 boards a game over those 43 he will be below 10 on rebounds. The story is almost exactly the same on assists. He was 413 rebounds and 407 assists.

Basically, Westbrook has to stay crazy pedal to the medal style to hit the triple double average, which, imo, despite the fact that they win most of his triple double games, ultimately is to the detriment of the team, as it really hinders chemistry.

9. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That damn defense video has ruined Harden's career.. its damn astounding.. wow.

DonKnock likes this.
  10. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

It really is underrated just how much it altered people's perception of James Harden. Like...it genuinely brainwashed people.

DonKnock, BigMaloe and DreamShook like this.
  11. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

The noobs that parrot that narrative...I get it...they are dumb. The problem is the "influencers." When the "influencers" (network basketball experts) parrot that narrative, (when they should know better) that is what perpetuates it. They parrot it for "yuck yucks" and the noobs eat it up as fact.

DonKnock, Mathloom and DreamShook like this.
  12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Let's be honest. Curry was a deserved MVP albeit very, very marginally over James Harden that season and James Harden is a very deserved MVP this season over Westbrook.

That is of course if the media is being honest and not shifting goalposts. However with the dislike for Harden who has made most media members eat his chipotle filled shyte and drink his alcohol infested urine after his performances this season, you never know.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

Being totally honest here, but nah I disagree...IMO Harden deserved it 2 years ago (the players also agree that he deserved it). Nobody expected the Rockets to end up with the #2 seed. Out of all Playoff teams, the Rockets had the most injuries to deal with. Howard missed 41 games during the regular season and no other All-Star on the team. If you are talking last year - yes Curry deserved it.

This season - well still more than half the season to go, but at this moment Harden should be in the lead.

DonKnock, Mathloom and DreamShook like this.
  14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

My 13 year old little douchebag cousin just told me last night that he's a Warriors and Knicks fan, even though he's from Houston. When I asked him why he didn't like James Harden, he said, "Whenever we play basketball, all my friends call me James Harden." I said, "Well, isn't that a good thing?? James Harden is awesome!" Then he goes, "No, they only call me that because I hate playing defense. I hate James Harden." ****ing brainwashed kids! :mad::confused:

15. mrm32

mrm32 Member

Does he know that Curry and Carmelo are bad defenders too?

DonKnock likes this.
  16. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Something tells me he really hasn't put much thought into it. He's kind of a know-it-all punk. I just said, "You can hate him all you want. He's still gonna be the MVP though", and left it at that. Check and mate.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Brown Juice

Brown Juice Member

James Harden is the real MVP. Artesia High School.

DonKnock likes this.
  18. thedude077

thedude077 Member

To be honest James Harden was a bad defender. That is what he is known for. If James Harden wins MVP and keeps his good effort on defense, your cousin will grow a beard.

19. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

Giannis at 22 is almost as bad as Harden at 17.I would say that guy only watches highlights, but it's clear he isn't even doing that.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. samtaylor

samtaylor Member

Don't worry fam, Harden will win the MVP no problem! The Players' MVP