1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is gonna get screwed over again in MVP Voting

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HardenTime, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

joomba is someones troll account. :D

2. YuleC

YuleC Member

This is totally out of character for the Tha_dude. Tha_dude does not ignore, he tolerates and spreads good vibes. Tha_dude must be bitter about losing to Trump. His pain is magnified hugely. Tha_dude must drink more.

- YuleC

3. Tha_Dude

Tha_Dude Contributing Member

[​IMG]

4. YuleC

YuleC Member

[​IMG]

Tha_Dude likes this.
  5. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

I don't give a ****. He would rather have one of these instead....

[​IMG]

daywalker02 likes this.
  6. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

Getting love from Reggie on the DP show. Also does anybody know where I can get that tshirt at the midway mark?

DonKnock likes this.
  7. Mr Chuck Norris

Dude some people just like to live in negativity. We are 30-9 with and harden has triple doubles in victories at San Antonio at Golden State and at Toronto. Let him hate. He doesn't care of Beard wins MVP or not. He is basically cheke64...(probably is him) ignore and move on.

8. ch44

ch44 Member

Oscar Robertson didn't win MVP the season he averaged a triple double, despite finishing 2nd in the conference, 4th overall (but only out of 9 teams). How did he not win MVP? Well, that was the same season Wilt Chamberlain averaged over 50 points and 25 rebounds, and his team had a better record. Even crazier - Wilt didn't win MVP that season either. Bill Russell (18 points and 23 rebounds,) led his team to the best record (60-20). That Celtics team had 6 other future Hall of Famers, not including Russell or his HOF coach.

Winning trumps everything when it comes to MVP. The only way for Harden to win this award is for the Rockets to be a top 3 team in the league.

9. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

MVP is a popularity contest. It's been like that forever ive known.

Tha_Dude likes this.
  10. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

There are prominent media members currently conspiring about the gawd tier mental gymnastics they must do in order to give the MVP to Westbrook even if OKC doesn't make the playoffs.

Many of these are the same media members that said the foul limit should be eliminated entirely after Curry fouled out against us:rolleyes:

BamBam likes this.
  11. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

winning should trump, but the media (ESPN) narrative this year is all about westbrook. This is my biggest issue with ESPN having so many votes in the media poll. Guys like Curry, LeBron and Westbrook are Sportscenter gold with crazy plays while Harden isnt as flashy as those 3. I was there for his insane triple double vs the knicks and it just sort of happened. ESPN wants ratings and wants their own agenda pushed. I mean two seasons ago when Harden went all out, he lost the MVP vote to Curry which was fine, but he received 25 first place votes to Curry's 100. To me that was crazy I thought it would be a bit more closer than that. This year though Westbrook is doing crazy things and I can totally see it changing where as long as OKC secures a top 4 seed that he would get a lot of votes.

DonKnock likes this.
  12. Rox225

Rox225 Contributing Member

If voters use TOs as reason to give WB MVP over Harden then that's a damn shame. Don't look now but WB is averaging 5.3 TO per to Harden's 5.8. I'll take the better record, plus/minus, shooting percentage and near triple double avg.

13. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

On that segment with reggie miller, the claim that harden doesn't care on defense and steph does, to me is somewhat of an indication that harden is a better defender if he tries. steph tries, but his man goes by him. on the plays that harden tries, he's a decent defender.

14. Fantasma Negro

I'm so tired of hearing that, if these guys watched more that the edited highlights then they would see his defensive effort. And to compare James' defense to the inferior defense of Curry is just proof that these talking heads only watch highlights and the games they call and then follow the media narrative

vtjsr2 likes this.
  15. James.B.H

James.B.H Member

The argument you quote is BS. Does the author really don't understand how turnover percentage is calculated, or does he use this biased argument intentionally to twist normal readers' view on Harden?

Most of the turnovers on basketball court comes from passing, James averages 8 more passes than Russ per game, which is why he averages more turnovers than Russ. The reason why Russ has a much lower turnover percentage is because the denominator in the formula calculating TOV% is numbers of shots and free throws attempted. Russ takes many more shots than James obviously.

MrButtocks likes this.
  16. vtjsr2

vtjsr2 Member

Wasn't it someone on CF that made the harden defense video?

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

So if he wins MVP can you leave?

18. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Yes a Lin fan.

The worst thing to happen to Harden from a image standpoint was playing with Lin and Howard.

Those guys really hurt his national image.

DonKnock, James.B.H, Rodman23 and 2 others like this.
  19. simon_!

simon_! Member

true.
    often i watch downloaded games with..i-dont-know-who coverage. one time, like five games ago, guys were congratulatin each other for inventing word "double dekker" , after sam's dunk.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Worry when you have to, when there is a reason to worry.