1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden is becoming the most hated player in the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cbs1507, Jan 1, 2019.

1. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Hmm. I don't remember Jordan's teammates, or Wilt's teammates complaining. If they did, they are soft and don't deserve to play with a transcendent player. Regardless, James Harden is a far superior passes compared to Jordan and Wilt. These aren't Clutchfans playing with James Harden, these are professionals getting paid, and James Harden makes it SO DAMN EASY for them. He gets the Trevor Arizas 20 million dollars a season to take wide open threes and play defense. He gets the Clint Capelas 15 million dollars to run the pipe and set screens. He is consistently among the league leaders in setting up his teammates for open shots. Has anyone ever complained about touches on the Rockets? Do you think Chris Paul, Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker and Clint Capela should get more shots? :eek: Danuel House? Iman Shumpert? Gerald Green? Austin Rivers?

Seems to me that James Harden feeds them all beautifully, and when we lose it's because guys like Chris Paul shrivel up in the playoffs and play scared, as opposed to doing what James Harden desperately wants them to do, which is "BE AGGRESSIVE". In 2018 we saw an aggressive CP3, and look what happened. Harden was happy to defer, and we were successful.

The story isn't that James Harden won't defer. He is one of the most dynamic facilitators we have seen since Steve Nash. The story is that he needs better players that deserve the ball. If @solid sucked balls on offense, then of course he isn't going to be involved as much in the offense, especially If James Harden is on the team. Solid should take his ass down to the short corner and wait for the dump off slam, and play hard nosed defense without complaint, as James Harden is getting him PAID.

tmoney1101 and HP3 like this.
  2. TimDuncanDonaut

Ah yes defending the step back 3. It's a really a sight to behold.

[​IMG]

3. solid

solid Contributing Member

Duh, I understand that you don't defer to untaleted players. This is PROFESSIONAL basketball. Untalented players shouldn't be on the court. I watched both MJ and Wilt play. They didn't routinely dribble the cover off the ball. Yes, when Harden decides to distribute (which is seldom) he is good at it. My point is that a motion offense like GS is a lot more fun to play in. A lot more. The highest percentage shot may not be available to the highest percentage shooter.

4. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Harden seldom distributes now? :rolleyes:

That’s some First Take BS, period...

When you have Wilt Chamberlain you give him the ball and get out of the way until he gets double teamed. We isolated the hell out of Hakeem to great success. There was nothing from the Princeton in there. We had a ton of “fun”. Fun is winning. 2018 Rockets I’d argue had just as much fun as anyone.

I’d also disagree that a “motion offense” is “a lot more fun to play”. Have you ever been on a bad team that runs a motion offense, a Princeton, or a Flex? All that motion, and zero results. While Harden brings the ball up, beats his man, and finds the open man utilizing a fraction of the effort for everyone involved, getting everyone their required shots where they are comfortable.

You think PJ Tucker would enjoy a motion offense??? :D Hell naw...

HP3 and vlaurelio like this.
  5. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Give me the list of true in their prime max frsnchise superstars who.are WILLING and ABLE to single handedly carry cp3 tucker ego capela and MDA to a championship and the same.time NOT dominating the ball and RARELY ISOing

Chirp chirp

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

You and your bros playing for millions or for fun?

HP3, RudyTBag and tc0330 like this.
  7. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

When you are getting millions to hoop IT IS ALL FUN!

8. solid

solid Contributing Member

Ever heard of "amateur" sports? The game is the game. Yes, Harden wasn't surrounded with an All Star cast like Curry, but a motion offense is more fun to play in my opinion. If you guys liked standing around to watch someone else play the game, great. I didn't, and I don't think most players do.

9. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

So its tilman morey and mdas fault stop crying