1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden has saved Houston's season and revived his MVP chances

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by khanhdum, Dec 28, 2018.

1. coyotetex

coyotetex Member

I agree we need an impact 3&D wing. I have complete confidence that Morey will get that done by the Trade Deadline.

I have to say, I feel a LOT more confident about the Rockets chances of winning it all now that we have a legit 4 man guard rotation (once CP3 is back). Rivers is a game changer for the Rockets because D'Antoni clearly trusts him to take primary ball handling duties in crunch time. If Brandon Knight can make it all the way back as well (assuming he isn't traded) then the Rockets will have a 5 deep guard rotation that will allow Harden and CP3 to play reasonable minutes down the stretch.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3. bmelo

bmelo Member

Still Steph will have better 3pt off the dribble rating than Harden in 2k...

4. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

and this crap was written today after that azz waxing last night. Sekou Smith: add him to the long list of haters who want ANYONE but Harden

Tfor3 likes this.
  5. photojoe

photojoe Member

This. This is just ridiculous.

"During this nine-game run, Harden is averaging 39.2 points, 5.6 rebounds, 8.2 assists and 2.0 steals, and he is shooting 44.7 percent overall, 40.7 percent from 3-point range and 87.8 percent from the foul line. According to Elias Sports Bureau data, the 388 points Harden has scored over his past 10 games are the most by any NBA player during a 10-game stretch since Kobe Bryant scored 396 from March 22 to April 8, 2007."

6. BigBum

BigBum Member

Everyone hates this, but I have to post.
    Keep players minutes down is the best way of managing the workload of the big guns to go into the playoffs injury free. The most rested and healthiest team will rebound and even shoot best!

BasketMAD likes this.
  7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I can tell you they are NOT interchangeable:

" My girl gots me ALL worked up, I really need some sissy right about now or I'm gonna lose my mind"

8. clos4life

clos4life Member

It all depends which way you swing, yeeeeah baby!

[​IMG]

9. threepointshot3

True

jcf likes this.
  10. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

arno_ed likes this.
  11. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Nobody is commenting yet on the fact that with assists harden is generating MORE points than Kobe in this stretch.

I’d like to know how far back we need to go to match that production

12. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I like that this is getting Kobe fanboys riled. Haven't heard from them in a while.

They were the original Jeremy-Lin-fan style.

jordnnnn likes this.
  13. photojoe

photojoe Member

Harden scored 4 more free throws?

Flopping confirmed.

#twitterlogic

14. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

The difference in True Shooting percentage is crazy. Kobe = overrated!!!

15. delta69er

delta69er Member

I like that he’s been shooting more midrange jumpers/stepbacks as well. If he masters that, he’ll truly be unstoppable.

Yeah, we don’t shoot midrange shots in general but if he masters them, I’m sure he’ll be permitted to shoot more per game like CP3.