1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden has 14 assisted field goals in 9 postseason games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by _RTM_, May 11, 2015.

1. gqgeo

gqgeo Member

HARDEN.... Listen to me ..... I mean read me......

Take 50 shots tomorrow!!!!

2. RyanB

RyanB Member

even steph curry needs multiple screens to be freed and assisted on his shots

damn, we're wasting Harden days with this dumb non existent coaching

3. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

At the very least you want to have a system that helps the star player conserve energy. Only when the system bogs down do you then rely on their 1-on-5 ability to score. ISO is a poor game plan.

4. adobo

adobo Member

Agree 100%

5. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The problem is that he needs the ball like a PG. Think about it, we found the perfect PG to compliment him because Bev didn't need to handle the ball.

Wow, and here's the proof.

6. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

The Kobe System (TM) :grin:

7. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I know he play the pg role, but when he doesn't have the ball, he is a statue. Rather that's by design or not, its part of the rockets system.

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Our offense is unwatchable, it's actually unbelievable how this is an NBA's team's offense

I remember this possession yesterday where it went like Terry dribbles past half court, no one moves, Ariza gets the ball dribbles around to no where obviously, Jones gets the ball does nothing obviously, dribble hands off to Harden with like 7 seconds left on the shot clock...

Harden iso's Barnes, nobody moves, lane is clogged, Harden burps up a turn around circus shot, miss..

9. dream2franchise

These stats are concerning and points to an offense that relies on Harden to do everything. That much we all know. Just don't pretend there weren't several instances of Harden being isolated on Reddick or Rivers and doing nothing with it.

As for moving off the ball, I've seen Harden really fight to get himself open, only to realise Reddick has stayed with him and then just give up on the play.

It's been disheartening to watch.

Also, of the top tier players Harden is the most 'stoppable'. He plays low, he doesn't have the size and strength of Lebron, the length and shooting of KD, the insane athleticism of Westbrook or the handles & shooting of Steph. He can be stopped with a focused defense, and our guys just aren't making the shots to make defenses pay for all the attention.

A huge weapon for Harden is his court vision and he's finding guys open, unfortunately we can't hit anything and our defense is not keeping us in striking distance.

Jordan has been a massive deterrent in the paint. Possibly the only guy in the league that would make him think twice about going all the way to the cup. This is where a healthy Dmo could open things up a little in the paint with his outside shooting.

I don't know anymore. I'm rooting for Harden and although he's too focused on making the right play and perhaps not being aggressive enough he's still carried us all season. He has another chance to ball and our guys have to hit some open shots for us to survive since our defense is broken.

10. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

I feel so bad for Harden playing on this sorry team with a sorry coach. Oh and sorry fans.....

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

We don't know how well Harden does in a offensive system that doesn't depend entirely on iso's, I've seen some of his cutting and spot up shooting in OKC and when Lin was here and he's not bad at all.

I don't even think they practice plays where Harden gets a screen off ball to get him an open shot.

It comes down to coaching really, I remember when Adelman was here, he rarely did anything in game and just sat there because he drills offensive plays a million times in practice already so the players always knew what to do without him saying a word

look at our offense, it's get the ball to Harden and see what he does.

12. imaginedragons

he is what he is, a very good one on one player. hard to get teammates and even coaching staff to make sure plays are made for harden to make FGs on assists if his game is predicated on dribbling, pull ups, drives to draw fouls. if anything, the reverse has to be implemented, harden acting as decoy to assist his teammates more. as it is he gets the ball enough.

13. clos4life

clos4life Member

Harden is doing the right play every time. It's not his fault his team mates can't hit the ocean and that the zebras have swallowed their whistles.

14. Mr Chuck Norris

It almost made me cry how easy Harden was playing in the all star game with Curry. I know small sample size defense in the all star blah blah blah

15. ibm

ibm Member

oh really?

16. jerrios

jerrios Member

The big problem with the offense is actually not Harden but Howard.

Howard is on the low block on every possession and the person guarding him is Jordan, that's 2 of the biggest guys just completely clogging the paint. Howard needs to come set a pick off the top of the key to create more movement.

I seriously can't remember the last time Howard has set a pick far from the basket and then try to roll.

When the lane is open and Harden draws the defense, we'll get more wide open shots. Right, there's not as much help required from the wing defenders because Jordan and Howard is creating all the necessary congestion.

17. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

he and dwight have done enough. they need better coachign and teammates. im tired of seeing him do all the work on offense. hopefully management isnt stupid enough to trade these two and instead get some real role players and hopefully do something about the coaching. there wa sno reason to give mchale an extension, esp three ****ing years, long before the playoffs started. what a full r****d move that was

18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Laughing and crying simultaneously. Ladies and Gentleman: not Clyde, not Calvin, but apollo33 should do color on the team broadcast.

19. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

srs just let harden and dwight take 40 shots each, give terry and ariza the rest. they should meet up tonight and make their own gameplan

20. syntax error

syntax error Contributing Member

is it such a disturbing stat though? He 180 assisted regular season fg from 81 games which is a 2.22 peer game average. Right now 15/9 is 1.6 per game which represents a 0.62 per game reduction.

Look at the stats and you see harden taking very few shots near the rim. He had a whole bunch of assisted shots around the rim in the regular season. He is not venturing into the lane in the half court, hence why his ft hss fallen from over 10 a game to under 7 now. And also the rockrts arent running so he is not getting assisted on the break.

Harden is also doing more spectating when he disposes the ball.

looking at these issues it is no surprise he is getting assisted less.