1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden got into an argument with a reporter after his media session

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. davli

davli Member

Ironic, or Defensive Juggernaut!!!

[youtube]wVYJULACcao[/youtube]

2. AkeemTheDreem86

Key word: 'littered'.

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

If anyone should help out Harden it should be Hakeem.

I know Hakeem is always talking to Dwight...and he certainly gave Dwight a confidence boost for game two.

It would be cool if Hakeem just talked to James, gave him some sage words of advice...talk about how he was in this same position, down 0-2 etc...Just tell James to go down fighting

4. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i wish Harden would just come out and say, "I have to play better. That's the key. I have to do a better job and help my teammates"

That would be leadership.

1 person likes this.
  5. bullardfan

bullardfan なんでやねん

This reminds me of the Tmac "It's my fault". Except Harden isn't playing well.

6. T-Yao

T-Yao Member

Well Harden didn't say "its my fault" or acknowledge that he needs to step up. lol

7. YOLO

YOLO Member

he already did that after game 1 in his post game interview

8. redhotrox

redhotrox Contributing Member

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/146446881&amp;color=ff5500&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_artwork=true"></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  9. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

[​IMG]

10. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Well frankly James has missed quite a few open jumpers. I suspect the two open short midrange shots he missed in the final minutes of game one were still bothering him. Without hitting outside shots it makes him harder to drive.

I think his anger and frustration is good. Do you want him to be happy, content and easy to talk to after that loss?

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I personally think it's a bad question, and bit frustrating for players who just had a bad night.

I mean what can he tell you about him missing shots, maybe they are shots he feels like he can make but they just don't go into the basket. If James knew the exact reasons why he is in a shooting slump he wouldn't be in a shooting slump.

12. steady

steady Member

Yes, he really did take the blame.

If I remember right, he used the word ball hoggy to describe himself. He admitted he took shots too early in the clock. He said he threw up too many 3's when he should have gone to the basket more. On and on.

It was actually better than any other interview from McHale/Dwight or anyone else in terms of fessing up to what had gone wrong.

13. yummyhawtsauce

Thank you good sir. My game 2 outburst had very little to do with Lin and almost everything to do with my frustrations with the team underachieving. Was it wrong to call out harden for being a major scrub at such a critical time? Nobody wants to wait another year to see if he can correct his scrubness. The irony to all this is that Mchale enables and coddles Harden, but so do many "rockets" fans on the BBS who vehemently defended Harden following his 2 abominable performances. In a way, it's poetic justice that Harden is crumbling and bringing the team down with him.

14. yummyhawtsauce

Rep isn't always the best measure of quality posters. Often times, I just win my argument with OP and that's the end of that. He's not going to give me rep for putting him in his/her place.

And for the other guy who wanted my prediction, my heart says a Rockets win, my brain says a Portland blowout. I think Harden will be much better, albeit not close to his best

24pts, 7 reb, 5 assists, 4 TOs....8/21 FG

15. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Anyone post video yet?

16. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Good ole Fran Blinebury

17. Soft Takes

Soft Takes Rookie

Harden better watch his mouth out that reporter gonna kick his ass, lol harden "ultra soft" better spend a little less time boozing and little more time in the weightroom if he wants to pull off that sass

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

19. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Harden isn't strong??? Dumbass

20. shortfuse3

shortfuse3 Member

Fran told Harden he's been covering the NBA longer than Hardens been alive, to which Harden could only reply "weirdo".

Harden got boom roasted.