1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden got into an argument with a reporter after his media session

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

I still think we can go to Portland and steal both games!

I also believe we will still win the series, Remember the Utah Jazz we were up 2-0 sure we won at home those games but we were still up 2 games and they came back and dominated. You have to win 4 games in a series not 2 people need to understand this.

Adjustments, if Mchale can do it I think we have a good chance. Mchale already adjusted to Dame in game two if he can adjust to LMA i like our chances on the road.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

You're embarrassing yourself. A "five game series" means "best of five" and the winner of three. Everyone knows that, and anyone who has ever written or used the phrase in the context of a seven game series becoming a "five games series" (which you did) has used it in that way. Your reliance on the Webster's definition of the word "series" is unavailing, because you were clearly referring to the word in a playoff context.

3. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden delivered with his talent. Lin does not have the talent Harden has. And Lin is not making the same money Harden makes.

Nobody can accuse Lin of being lazy or not giving a damn. You cannot say the same about Harden. Lin is what he is. It's not his fault that Morey gave him the contract. It's not his fault that he does not have God-given talent like Harden.

It's not Harden's fault either that Morey gave him a max contract. But it's definitely his fault that he quits playing when the going gets tough.

If Lin had Harden's talent, he would be carrying his team to contention. If Harden had Lin's talent, he would be the 12th man on the bench. See the difference?

Read Yoyo's post.

4. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

BamBam, don't embarrass yourself again by replying.

5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Unfortunately for us, this says volumes about him! I wish they would have a closed door meeting and address this head on, a sort of intervention to see if he can fully understand what's expected of him a the alpha dog of the group. I think it's pretty well understood that this team is only going as far as Harden/Howard take us, and right now he's leading us to a first round exit...:(

6. dookiester

dookiester Member

Seriously, I don't understand why it's so hard for some people to just say "oops I was wrong" even in the face of insurmountable and overwhelming evidence.

7. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

bambam is terrence jones.

dookiester is lamarcus aldridge.

8. Asian Sensation

How are you so sure he will get it? He's not young anymore especially in terms of experience moreover playoff experience.

It's hard looking at other players like Lillard and John Wall for example who are younger than Harden and are in their first playoff series and they look much hungrier, poised and seem to be better leaders.

I waited last year in the OKC for Harden to break out or at least show signs. I'm sure OKC fans waited in the series against the Heat. Now 2 games down... disappearing in big games has become a common trend.

9. BamBam

The only thing that's embarrassing is you comprehension skills! ***I plainly stated that we needed to win four games out of the next five! ***You keep regurgitating the phrase "best of five" to justify your error! Everyone knows that we are down by two, those games have been played! Let it go! Now we have five more games to play (a series), but we STILL NEED THE ORIGINAL FOUR WINS! It's not my fault that you decided to be the "Internet Grammar Guy" and failed! If you don't know what the word series means then you should look it up BEFORE you comment on it! You obviously have a hard time accepting the meaning of the word, and there's nothing I can do about that!

I used the word series correctly, and I used the dictionary to prove it to you! Whether you accept it or not that's your prerogative!

#369 BamBam, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  10. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

People act like the only series harden played in while with the thunder was vs the heat.

1 person likes this.
  11. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

bambam, stop replying to this thread. you're only making yourself look dumb and dumber. :(

you're looking like james harden tryna guard wesley matthews in the post.

12. BamBam

Your ignorance runneth over! Saying little childish remarks only confirms this even further!

13. yummyhawtsauce

Predict harden's stat line next game

14. JMG524

JMG524 Member

15. BamBam

That's an old picture, he looks worst than that.

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No. But that series plus the two with the Rockets so far have been his latest playoffs series and his biggest stages (one in the Finals and the other two as the best player on the team). That's the last CONSECUTIVE THREE YEARS. Yes, he still has a lot of growing up to do. But it's not like he's a new guy to the big stage.

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Scarface unfortunately most fans only remember the bad until a player like Harden win a Championship. Look at how many people talked about LeBron before he won his 1st Chip.

They don't remember when Harden went off on the Spurs to help his team to get to the finals.

18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

30pts/11ast/7rebs/3stls/4to/1bk. FG:50% (5-10)3pt FG: 60% (3-5) & FT: 92% (11-12)

We win by 7

19. yummyhawtsauce

Ok, see you in the game thread tmr night!

20. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

what is your prediction yummy troll?

Why are you here if you hate the rockets so much?