1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden got into an argument with a reporter after his media session

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 24, 2014.

1. cbs1507

cbs1507 Member

I find it funny that Lamarcus Aldridge is avg 45 ppg and you idiots are blaming Harden's defense. Our team defense is terrible, and that's not one person. Last time I checked Wes Mathews ain't killin' us. They're getting too many wide open threes off screens. We have get those 3's contested point blank.

2. dookiester

dookiester Member

This is incorrect. A seven game series becomes a five game series when the two teams split the first two games, because each team needs to win three more games, hence "best of five." We still have to win four games, its still a seven game series.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

If this is true (partying like it was 1999), then Harden is irresponsible. There is plenty of time for that, not during a playoff run. Smh...

4. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Sometimes math gets the best of our members.

5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

What a stunner.

But pretty much seals my opinion of him. He always looks lethargic out there on the floor.

Great. We have a party boy drunk as our "best player".

6. Convictedstupid

This is ****ing insane that people are taking Uncle Nate's tweets seriously.

7. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

No worries, cause our guy is Harden, not this "Hardin" fellow.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

That's where you and I have a different take on the word "series". Let us clarify!

Webster Dictionary
    Series: A number of things or events of the same class coming one after another in a spatial or temporal succession.

I never stated that it was the "best of five"....;) I stated that we had a five game series (five games), of which we need to win four, with three of those games being played in Portland!

Don't worry we all make mistakes...:eek:

GO ROCKETS!!!

9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

So your definition of a five-game series is that the winner of said series has to win 4 games instead of 3?

10. BamBam

Read my previous posts, its all there.

Let's continue having fun talking trash about Portland!....:grin:

GO ROCKETS!!!

#350 BamBam, Apr 24, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2014
  11. Remlap

Remlap Member

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

And so it begins.

Is James Harden the next in line of great disappointments of Rockets guards. First there was Stevie, then came Ariza and T-mac. And finally there will be Harden?

He deserves criticism, but some of the vitrol is insane.

McHale will have to be fired. If you can't get your player to play with intensity and man-up, and you can't get rid of your player, well then, you have to get rid of the coach to deliver the message to said player that if you won't listen to your coach, we'll find a coach that will make you listen.

13. Raven

Raven Member

Steve played with no discipline, no accountability, and a green light to shoot whenever he wanted - then there's the partying subplot. Yeah, I see some similarities. It's a valid concern.

14. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

As disappointed as I am in Harden after these first two games, there's a whole lot of knee jerk going on right now, which is not remotely surprising with this website. One good game from Harden and people will be back on his bandwagon. Carry on...

15. BamBam

Must..curtail...desire...to...insert...It's Happening gif!!!...:(

16. charlieaustin

charlieaustin Contributing Member

The winner of a five-game series would need three wins. Houston needs 4 and Portland needs two. That is not a five-game series.

17. reliableman

reliableman Member

I'm sorry, but he's right. One players performance is not our problem. You can point to how bad he has been in these last two games, and yes he has been horrible, but there is a lot more going on outside of that.
    Parsons was playing like total crap. We actually had TJones on Aldridge again which is just plain insane. Asik was playing really well and frankly I think we should have used him more. Garcia actually looked ready to go last night and he only played 4 minutes! 4!
    Our coaching has turned from mediocre to terrible since Sampson left, and if this crap about McHale using Sampson's absence as an excuse is true, then he needs to be gone whether we come back from these loses or not.

18. jason330i

jason330i Member

harden is still young. it will take time, but he will "get it".

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

QFT

It's one thing to be optimistic. It's another to not be mad at the lack of effort shown in the franchise player.

To answer those who say that we who criticize Harden are "haters." Call us what you want. We are just mad, not just because his shots weren't falling but because he did not play hard and he did not own up to it.

Parsons didn't play well last night. Nobody was mad at his lack of effort. He might have a bad game. That happens. The only thing about Parsons was his comment about him being the "best" SF of the series and couldn't deliver. But at least the guy did not stop playing. Lin made a few trademark boneheaded plays. But nobody would accuse him of not giving the effort or owning up to his fault. Harden on the other hand...

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

You think Pop or Doc need a whole game, a few nights to review the tape and a meeting with assistant coaches to change a gameplan? Hell naw, they get it fixed with ONE TIMEOUT. On the fly.

The thing that really bothers me is that Kevin McHale and those old Boston teams got down and dirty for their D. Does none of that translate to being a coach? You wouldn't accept it from yourself as a player...neither would your coach...SET THE EXAMPLE BOSSMAN.