1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden forgotten by ESPN's "analysts" in their MVP forecast

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Matthieu, Apr 15, 2014.

1. bmd

bmd Member

One reason is that people don't see him play enough, and so they think all he does is flop and shoot free throws.

2. Nimo

Nimo Member

TWO!!!

3. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

You people don't deserve James Harden. Seriously, the dude is so clutch, it's ridiculous. Go root for Charlotte.

1 person likes this.
  4. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Curry? LMAO!!

5. Karolik

Karolik Member

I could understand if it were just Durant, James and Griffin. But they gave point to Jefferson and Love. Do they play defense? Face it, not including Harden is a joke.

6. pass_to_Hakeem

Harden plays just as much if not more defense than Curry or Nowitski!!

7. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

THIS. Harden has been the catalyst for the Rockets this season. He is CLEARLY our best player on the 5th best team in the NBA. If names like Dragic, Nowitzki and Curry are going to be thrown in discussion, Harden definitely deserves to be in the conversation.

8. davidghall

davidghall Member

The problem is, those guys are just bad defenders. James has the ability to be a great defender, but doesn't try most of the time. I think that leaves a lasting negative impression on the media whether it's right or wrong.

9. Nanisteru

Nanisteru Rookie

The media hates him. I don't know why.

10. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

To this day I still don't understand Why Blake Griffin is #3

11. The Situation

The Situation Member

Not one single point for Dwight or Harden? LOL

Al Jefferson and Kevin Love got points tho? LOL

12. yummyhawtsauce

Have to agree. Wha tpeople mostly say about him, will stick to people's minds more unless Harden starts to show consistent defense, then it will be talked about more, therefore people will be willing to seek out that aspect of him and then give him props for defense.

What people say: gets to line a lot, great scorer, great flopper, no defense, clutch (though not many outside of rocket fans say this, but I think us rocket fans could see this in him now)

Not sure what else is perceived him by media and analysts, feel free to add. Before I would throw in ISO baller, hero baller, but I think he has done a lot less of that lately so that no longer holds true.

13. Nimo

Nimo Member

14. TechieOne

TechieOne Member

A bunch of those guys don't play any D too. (ie Love) Also most of them can't even take their teams to the playoffs while Harden has taken us twice. (ie last year and this year)

15. dje243

dje243 Member

This is too true. People don't understand just how talented James Harden is.

16. dje243

dje243 Member

B/c the media has decided to make him their pet. He's playing great but I think far from MVP candidate.

17. davidghall

davidghall Member

For the record I think Harden is an amazing player and am glad we have him on this team. I think he should without a doubt be in the top ten names for MVP discussion, but I also agree with Kelvin Sampson. In order for this team to TRULY be a contender, James is going to have to become a two way player.

18. Fighton

Fighton Member

the biggest reason harden is left out?

Dwight Howard.

if we had kept the same team from last year and have the same record as we do now? no question he would be on there and quite high too.

but to anybody outside of houston, the reason we're winning is because of james AND dwight. you take james out a few games, we go 6-2. yes, over a 82 game season he is critical for our success but to people who don't follow the rockets, they don't understand how good he is.

and his reputation for not giving any effort on D hurts him as well. man that video that came out earlier in the year is so damning.

rest of these other guys are basically the only option on these teams. durant was without westbrook for most of the season. lebron you gotta have him in there. curry, love, etc. these guys, reality or not, are perceived to be the ONLY star on their teams. Houston has dwight AND james, and that hurt james when it comes to MVP conversions.

19. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Harden about to be the first guard in NBA history to lead all guards in points and TS% in a season. All while leading all SGs in assists.

20. vvlzp

vvlzp Member

don't tell me harden is not deserve a mvp vote....we are not good enough...we are not good enough...we are not good enough....come on this is just weak