1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden Drops 35 In Drew Leauge Debut

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jul 15, 2013.

1. larry cook

larry cook Member

pretty dope, Harden was sizing up Kobe like I get buckets too...

its too bad Kobe's on his last limbs, its Hardens time to shine now.

2. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

How old was Harden in this video? Like 19?? 20?

I think he did pretty damn good.

3. Chef_Monteur

Chef_Monteur Member

Nevermind my last post. Wrong thread.

4. zigzag

zigzag Member

LOL sensitive

5. Andrew Li

Andrew Li Member

Harden goes to his left all the time... Really hope he can develop some post moves like KB's this summer.

6. gene18

gene18 Rookie

Absolutly true. Lin was under the basket way before drew. Drew came down the court full speed and was fed a high pass as he approached the basket. Lin was not "on him". He was just one of the first down the court on defence as a good guard shpuld be.

7. Fantasma Negro

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Is that T. Jones? I really can't tell, but if he's Hardens new sidekick I could see him getting big mins this season

8. atwood

atwood Member

Yes that is TJ who played with JH in the DREW league games.

9. Postcall

Postcall Member

The Game played big minutes in this so you know it's legit

10. RocketsFan69

RocketsFan69 Member

he's the rocket's mvp he's not going to get punished lol

11. Patterned919

Patterned919 Member

12. Fantasma Negro

13. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly. James has that Gervin/Wilkes thing going...with an UNDERSTANDING like Bird.

He makes it look easy....just like almost all the GREAT ones.

14. drobsnightmare

***** this... I'm telling Morey.

15. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

Are you kidding me? Kobe is clearly the better player in this video. He scored on Harden multiple ways, and got him with various post moves and fakes. Not to mention, Kobe actually played more defense (though I do give credit to Harden for his block). Obviously they went at each other and both had their fair share of points (I never stated that they didn't), but Kobe had the game winner along with the crowd cheering for him. **** if I was Harden, I would have been pissed off. To me he got embarrassed, because Kobe is clearly on another level. Maybe you should watch again and watch how Harden plays defense.

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Stay away, James! We don't need no aliens abducting your ass!

17. lucnguye92

lucnguye92 Member

Doesn't that mean Harden did exceptionally well? I mean it's a given that he's suppose to be outmatched by an NBA repeat champion and future HoF'er, but to drop 44 points on a All NBA Defensive Team player, kinda show that it wasn't really as black and white as you say it was? I think Harden matched him blow for blow. The game winner was nice, but that's just your typical Kobe day. Dropping 44 on Kobe? How many people can say that?

18. ROCKCITY

ROCKCITY Member

I don't disagree with anything you said. Look I never said Harden didn't play well. Hell he was money on those 3s. I was just saying that Kobe was on another level because he played better defense and had better post moves. Great players who strive to be the best play defense right? He stripped Harden twice late in the game (I'm assuming it was late in the game relative to the span of the video). Don't get me wrong, Harden was just as impressive. I just saw Kobe playing on a different level. Maybe using the word "embarrassed" was too much, since clearly Harden has potential to be great.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if he was on another level on offense and defense, then the discrepancy between them should have been greater.. its safe to say they played pretty much on the same level.. kobe easily scored on harden and harden easily scored on kobe..

20. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

There both playing zero defense. Plus to say he killed him flatout garbage. On the offensive end Harden was going at him at probably 21 years of age better then anyone could.