1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James harden = 12 minutes of bad defense on video for an entire season. Wade = 12 in 3 Finals games

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Texanswin2013, Jun 12, 2014.

1. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Bs half those call ous don't even make sense. They never blew by him like Harden.

Duncan got the rebound and wade wasn't boxing him out?

2. RedEyesKirby

RedEyesKirby Member

Even if I pretend the video is on equal level of atrocious, two bad doesn't make a right. No difference than people saying Lin can turn the ball over because WB does it as well.

3. imaginedragons

It is beyond me why any right minded Rockets fan would want to defend Harden this way.
    Can't we for once simply say -

"Harden is bad on defense, no excuses, it's something he and the coaches and even the rest of the team definitely need to prioritize to get better and get to the next level"

what is wrong with a dose of self-realization? just ignore the real haters who troll for the heck of it, let the constructive criticism come in, it helps focus on what to work on

4. Remii

Remii Member

McHale needs to cut Harden's minutes If he doesn't get in better conditioning. Harden looks soft around the middle. The dude gets tiered. That's probably why he stands around a lot on defense. And or get a point guard so Harden doesn't have to do as much on the offensive end... Then he can just concentrate on scoring and defense and not being the point guard.

5. NickKent

NickKent Member

Haren played 12 minutes of bad defense after the 1st qtr of the 1st game.

1 person likes this.
  6. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

What does this post mean?

7. Panda23

Panda23 Member

OP, Wade being bad defensively doesn't excuse Harden being bad defensively.

It's like saying oh, its okay that Lin turns it over because player X turns it over as well.

Harden needs to be better defensively if we're gonna progress, thats the bottom line

8. Morlock O

Morlock O Member

I here by crown you HOF :D

9. Remii

Remii Member

The entire team is bad defensively. Not just Harden. Parsons was garbage on the defensive end too (he tries but he still doesn't lock anyone down). That's the bottom line. And McHale learning how to install an offense instead of jacking 3's and layups wouldn't hurt either.

10. Panda23

Panda23 Member

yeah ofc, but I was responding to OP's point there, everyone on our perimeter is bad bar Beverley. Parsons has regressed immensely and the team took a step back even moreso after sampson left.

11. JLFan

JLFan Rookie

lol Wades got a bad knee.. Harden is just lazy.

12. highlander3128

These Harden apologists really pissed me off. How can you compare Wade's bad defensive efforts to Harden's? Especially when Wade is playing in the NBA final, and where is your hero now?

If Harden doesn't improve his defense next season, I seriously want him traded. Remember what a great defensive team the Rockets always have been? The Hakeem era, the Yao era....

13. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Think about this for a second, like really think about it.

14. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Are we watching the same video? Or are you watching the Harden video twice?

Btw, wade's defense.... what happen to him? He looks like he aged like 20 years in 2 years. He is so ssssssssllllllllloooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

15. treyk3

treyk3 Member

Lebron would much rather be playing with James and Dwight right about now.

16. highlander3128

Carl Herrera doesn't agree.

17. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

No one is nearly as bad as Harden on the team. And the team had plus defenders in Howard, Asik and Beverley.

18. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think we definitely have a small chance of getting him and it's higher than it's ever been before. I think we will target him very hard in free agency if he opts out and we may even be able to convince him to come. It would take a cap expert but I think if we clear TJones, Asik and Lin off the books we can offer around 16 million.

19. Remii

Remii Member

Those teams weren't run and gun teams. They actually ran offensive plays and were coached up on their defensive rotations. If you're going to remember stuff _ remember everything. Unless you believe McHale is a better coach than the coaches who were coaching those teams... I know a lot of folks kiss McHale's @$$ around here so I wouldn't be surprised if you do.

And trade a guy who's got us to the playoffs the past two years when we wasn't doing 5h1t before... What da h377 is wrong with you...???

20. PDJACK7

PDJACK7 Member

My problem with Harden is him being lazy far too many times. I know players take plays off on D, but he did that quite too often. Plus I'm a Rockets fan and could care less how someone on another team plays. If Wade was on this team, he would get the same criticism if he played lazy D.