1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Dolan: Start rooting for the Nets because the Knicks don't want you

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Feb 8, 2015.

1. SPBR

SPBR Member

Sad part is people didn't need confirmation. It just seemed like something he might do.

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

James Dolan showing exactly what the fan was saying.

3. hotballa

hotballa Contributing Member

ehhh I agree with what the fan said about Dolan, but I see nothing wrong with what Dolan wrote back. Words have consequences.

4. Buck Turgidson

It's almost as if his entire reply was directed at himself and not the fan. But a cable company executive telling his customers to go **** themselves is not exactly shocking.

5. Buck Turgidson

Given your penchant for the macabre, I bet you rape animals. And corpses. And animal corpses. You should probably be in some sort of therapy or maybe an institution.

Consequences. ;)

6. kokopuffs

kokopuffs Member

mmm best owner ever

7. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yes, but Dolan's reply is at the very least unprofessional. This is not some random dude on twitter. As the owner of a multi-billion dollar sports empire, he would do better to take the high road and keep his mouth shut. Or better yet, hire a PR firm to do the talking for you. There is nothing to be gained as a company or as an individual by replying with a personal attack.

8. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I was about to say this is some publicity hoax by someone because why would a billionaire sports owner running a public company even respond to a fans email criticizing him.

Now I see one of the Knicks beat writers says its true, I still say something is fishy but if this turns out to be true Dolan is a jerk and the league should fine him.

9. hooroo

hooroo Member

You're STUPID, meddling, DISGRACEful, an embarrassment, and have achieved nothing. EVERYTHING has been handed to you by your father.

At least, that's how I read it.

10. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

who cares man, he's a human, and he was attacked so he responded. He isn't some kind of supergod where people should expect him to not act human.

11. NotChandlerParsons

No, but he's representing a large organization. Many of us humans manage to ignore all kinds of invective on the internet without going on rants, he's got even more incentive to do so.

12. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The league has finally got rid of Donald Sterling. Now they are probably twiddling their thumbs to find some excuse to kick Dolan out.

Sterling and Dolan are the worst owners in NBA history.

13. hooroo

hooroo Member

dolan splashes the cash. i'd guess the other owners and nbpa love him.

14. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Is Daryl Morey as easily contactable?

Could it be as simple as sending him a link to the Fire McHale thread?

15. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I can't imagine Silver likes the idea of owners engaging in personal attacks on fans

Hell, the players learn before they even enter the league not to do that

16. reliableman

reliableman Member

I would be ashamed if I was the Knicks owner, too. Gotta be displacing some rage here and there. Not valid but understandable.

17. Exiled

Exiled Member

a Good thing... Les uses typewriter only ..no emails

18. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I would say that "many of us" is a bit of a stretch ;)

19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

He probably does for the cordial emails. This one hit home because in his peabrain this was a personal attack. Talk about an egotistical, insecure billionaire who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth. Not surprised by his behavior. What's worse--his musical talent or his ownership talent?

20. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Wait, you own a business, and you don't see how what Dolan did was completely uncalled for?? If he can't handle criticism, then owning a professional sports team isn't for him. He should be using those instances to create a nice PR moment for himself, but instead he decides to go full ******* on the fan, and gets himself into trouble. Words certainly have consequences, but as a business owner, you ALWAYS have more to lose than the customer.