1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Feb 6, 2013.

1. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

You know your team defense sucks balls when Delfino and Andersen are your defensive stoppers.

2. allaroundplayer

based on what he has shown so far, Anderson is just going play out the season and not get his option picked up for next season imo.

3. Lucky Charm

Lucky Charm Member

So you were about to make an overreacting kneejerk thread only to make an even worse one when he makes a couple of mistakes? C'mon LBJ-Tmac! :p

Mistakes are gonna happen, especially when he barely gets minutes outside of blowouts. He already apologized on twitter (lol poor guy) so Im sure he knows about his crucial mistakes and will learn from them. Remember he's also a very young player, he's just 23.
    I'm very happy with his production in the last couple of games.

4. moose

moose Member

I can tell why the Spurs had him. He is a smart system type of a player. I like him.

5. mothman

mothman Member

He is not a scrub. But he made a few mistakes notably the TO during fast break & another TO during crunch time which were very costly.

It's not his fault though. The coach overplayed him especially in the 4th Q without taking into consideration he has not played significant minutes for a very long time prior to the last game. The coaching staff should at least give him some regular pt to build up his confidence before throwing him in at the end of game to deal with crunch time situation.

6. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

Clutchfans in a nutshell...

Harden could score 30 points 10 rebounds 10 assists 6 steals but he's 'not starter material' because he had 5 turn overs.

7. IzakDavid13

IzakDavid13 Contributing Member

McHale to Anderson...you haven't played much this season, Have you?
    Anderson...No Coach.
    McHale...Here then, go play some big minutes in the 4th Qtr against LeBron, Wade & The Defending Champion Miami Heat.
    Anderson says...Ok, Thanks coach!
    Anderson thinking...
    [​IMG]

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I like his game, but he shouldn't have been in the game down the stretch.

9. proudfoot

proudfoot Member

Dude, he seems pretty athletic, shoots well, passes the ball, takes efficient shots, and makes an effort.

Not that much experience - but what do you want? He's way better than many lottery picks - and we got him for free.

10. Z-Ro&Trae

Z-Ro&Trae Member

People's reactions are making it seem like he made this mistake in a play-off game.

11. mothman

mothman Member

Play-off game? For all you know, the Rockets might miss the play-off by 1 game. Now the pressing issue is to make the play-off first then we can talk about it.

12. Anxiety Trooper

I like Anderson too. Good role player that plays with poise. He appears to have no left hand. As teams start scouting him he'll find it more difficult to drive to his right when players close out on him. I noticed wade took away the right late in the game and he was unable to drive. He needs to work on his left.

13. Morey=Money

Morey=Money Member

I can respect this. Seems like he knows he screwed up and that he will work on it in the future.

14. Da_Spark

Da_Spark Member

It's just unfair to put a player who hasn't had that much playing time at that certain game situation. I like this kid. He works hard and has a good attitude. Hopefully, this experience would inspire him to strive even harder.

15. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Yeah but the starters are the ones playing against LeBron and Wade.

16. Anxiety Trooper

Correction. He drives to the left when the defender closes out on him. Wade took that away late in the game and he struggled.

17. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

I'm not going to blame Anderson. He's a roleplayer, and it's up to the coaching staff to use him properly. Any misuse or overuse falls squarely on the the coaching staff. I think Anderson has potential going forward. He's not going to be a superstar like Harden, but he can be a cheap and useful roleplayer. You need those as well on a team.

I've liked his 3pt spot up shooting. But the Heat gameplanned to close off the 3 pt line after the GSW barrage. And the turnover resulted from him driving it in instead of doing what he's there for, 3pt spot ups.

You don't blame him for that. You blame the coaches for overusing him or misusing his skill set. You wouldn't ask Novak to drive in for a layup that resulted in a turnover, after all (not saying the two players are identical, of course). You would blame the coaches for something like that, not Novak.

Anderson can be useful. It's the coaches' fault that he was overused, over-relied on to the point that he was misused out of his skillset. That's always been a pattern with this coaching staff of overusing guys and not adjusting their rotations fast enough.

I like that Anderson takes responsibility for his error, though. Give him time to develop.

18. rng

rng Member

I won't blame Anderson. He is not a experienced player, but our coach put him in that tough situation.

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

He's supposed to be a good three point shooter that plays defense. As long as we don't ask him to do more than he is capable of he will do well. It looks like he is going to get some good minutes while Delfino is out, and I'm looking forward to seeing how he does.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Anderson played most of his minutes against Lebron and Wade.