1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Anderson

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by LBJ-Tmac, Feb 6, 2013.

1. Arthurprescott2

AGREED! He played relatively well today all things considered.

2. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

The box out was Pattersons fault, not Anderson. Patterson backed out first.

In regards to the charge, i think its correct. What i didn't like was the Charmers charge call and the no call on Hardens last 3.

1 person likes this.
  3. rawool

rawool Member

Yeah, I did. I'm always positive on Twitter. :grin:

4. rolyat93

rolyat93 Contributing Member

I try not to be a RT w**** but I always tell everybody they're awesome, lol.

5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah, I thought bill and Matt made that clear.

6. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

This is probably the dumbest thing I have ever read on this board.

1 person likes this.
  7. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

The Chalmers call was crap, and it was such a crucial call. The refs got that wrong. But give Miami credit for playing aggressive D. When you do that you get calls. Would be nice to see Houston play aggressive D.

1 person likes this.
  8. dreamshakin

dreamshakin Member

Even when he had that late offensive charge, I wasn't even mad. The sequence when Patterson gave up on a rebound which eventually lead to dwyane wade getting it, had me shaking my head. Still proud of the rockets tonight for their resiliance

9. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Rockets would need to work on their defensive rotations/communications to e able to do that.

10. Mariachi ROCKET

Those mother effin charges!!! FML during the game big TIME!!!

11. fattz

fattz Member

Come on I write on here all the time:grin:.

12. DBRox

DBRox Contributing Member

Seriously though? Wow all you guys. The guy is just starting to get PT so hes a bit rusty. And I'd say all our players have rough games.

13. SuperVon

SuperVon Contributing Member

Good know i'm not the only one. I was given the Sunsports Heat stream on Lp. They thought Charmers was set and raved about Wades block.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Yeah man. Sheet got real. Bill called him a "p***y" on the air because he dodged the rebound. Of course they censored it.

1 person likes this.
  15. Ynnis888

Ynnis888 Member

I admit that he made a crucial mistake but all in all, he did ok.

I am more puzzled by the coaching staff...no Parsons at the crucial minutes....it's unreal.

16. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Parsons could not guard anyone at all today, Anderson was doing a good job.

17. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

He looked really good defensively. He did make a mistake but he'll learn. Could be a replacement for Delfino next season or the one after.

18. Dentyne

Dentyne Member

I actually really like Anderson a lot.

Good energy without being out of control

Would like to see him continue getting minutes even after Delfino gets back.

19. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

Patterson had a chance to get that rebound, and Harden charged the play before Anderson.

20. rogower

rogower Member

The solid play of James Anderson and Patrick Beverly demonstrates how foolish it is to give three- or four-year contracts for $4+ mil/year to veterans, as a team that does a good job of evaluating talent wherever talent exists (like Houston, or San Antonio) consistently finds quality backups who are willing to play for less than $1 mil/year, and are often able to sign them to extremely team-friendly deals (e.g., multiple years at less than $1 mil/year, and with team options).

Teams that excel in this department figure to be the most successful teams under the new collective bargaining agreement. There's only so much money to go around, and when you are finding rotation guys for less than $1 mil, that gives you a lot of options.

I think that it's safe to say that Daryl Morey would very much like for Patrick Beverly and James Anderson to inherit Toney Douglas' backup PG role and Carlos Delfino's backup SG/SF role, respectively, on next year's team. Or on this year's team, in the event that Douglas and/or Delfino get traded prior to the February trade deadline, which is only two weeks away. I also believe that Morey would be interested in trading Marcus Morris for a draft pick and to replace him in the rotation with Donatas Motiejunas.

Another option would obviously be to package Patrick Patterson with Douglas, Delfino, and Morris for a big upgrade at PF, and to then hand rotation spots to Beverly, Anderson, and Motiejunas.