1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameis Winston investigated for sexual battery

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by el gnomo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

They're probably talking about his character issues because he's the Heisman trophy winner and he acts like an ass on and off the field.

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Manziel = Not black = Skyrim thinks he's overrated/sucks/etc.

3. Damion Laverne

How come we don't know anything about the accuser? (Probably some whorish groupie)

4. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

Wow, I should put on that genie hat that simmons wore during those preview youtube clips. I'm still waiting to read everything as it comes forward, but I was right when I said just because a report is out there saying someone might have raped some girl and that guy is 5'9" not 6'4" doesn't mean the report is true. So maybe this DNA leak is misinformation too, but as of this latest news, it seems like Winston's semen was on the accuser's panties.

And instead of being out in front of the story when it happened, Winston just stayed quiet, which is his legal right. But the sports world went on to believe that this was a case of a girl who either didn't get raped (or ever meeting Winston) or mistaken identity bc of the 5'9" vs the 6'4" story. And his team of attorneys and advisers just let it be. If they asked or knew that he did bang her, imo, they should have been out in front controlling the story and letting it be known that it was consensual banging and it becomes a he said / she said bit.

Instead, they were hoping the cops would never pursue it (which almost happened and gives credence to the insinuation that some detectives just wanted the case to go away) and no one would ever think Winston and the accuser were ever in the same room. Bad strategy imo, considering what has happened. And if that detective really did inform the defense attorney soon after that Winston was the subject of an investigation, then from my untrained perspective, that seems like improper behavior and biased police work.

This is going to be one interesting story.

5. Major

Major Member

Total QBR is one of the worst stats ever created. Funny how much you hate ESPN and yet to latch onto their totally artificial made up stat.

6. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

Maybe the detective wrote down the wrong number on purpose? Maybe to make the accuser look bad. This doesn't look good for anyone. I am surprised some booster didn't just pay her off. Now their season might be in trouble and Winston might actually go to jail.

7. Major

Major Member

I don't think their season is in trouble. Winston's not going to jail in the next two months. FSU could easily state that they will "let the legal process play out" and not have to take any action against him. He's not a flight risk, so even if he were arrested, he'd be free on bail pending any kind of trial.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I'm not trusting anything until the evidence is clear.

We don't need another Brian Banks

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Both investigations need to play out (Winston and internally for the Police Dept), but if what this girls says is true about being coerced (which I find very plausible), I think that is a worse crime than the sexual battery itself. Just a messed up situation all around.

12. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Of course, this is easy to say now that the DNA match is public knowledge. His attorneys probably had reason to believe it would never get this far.

I wonder if this will affect Winston and the team on the football field. Maybe they slip up at UF a week from Saturday .

13. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Shame on all of you victim blaming assholes. We don't know what happened, but these attitudes are why rape is so underreported. Stop blaming the accuser when you don't know what happened.

14. Bogey

Bogey Contributing Member

I thought I heard that if he is charged he will be suspended, I think an FSU policy. He does not have to be convicted. Not saying FSU can't win it's final 2 with out Winston, that D is pretty solid.

15. Bear_Bryant

Bear_Bryant Member

No way they'll slip up at Florida. Florida's offense is so bad.

16. Major

Major Member

Oh interesting - I didn't know about that policy. In terms of football, that would suck if he gets charged between the end of the season and the bowl game, and Alabama gets a free national title while a Baylor is on the outside looking in. At least if he's suspended before, I assume voters would vote FSU lower.

17. rocks_fan

rocks_fan Rookie

Which means what for the Heisman? Troll.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

19. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

The "extraordinary circumstance" would probably be that he is an extraordinary player... or they're playing in an extraordinarily important game.

20. el gnomo

el gnomo Member

Since you like to stereotype, can we assume this one to be true too?