1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameis Winston investigated for sexual battery

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by el gnomo, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Major

Major Member

Both sides are alleging that the other offered/asked for money, so at least one of the two lawyers is a cracker jack box lawyer. :)

2. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I'm taking him if I have the chance.

Mr. Irrelevant

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Jameis Winston has been and will be under investigation his entire college career. We need an all encompassing Jameis Winston thread.

4. Remii

Remii Member

Meh, wouldn't be the 1st time someone tried to pay off an alleged rape victim. I'm sure the Kennedy family has wrote some checks. :grin:

But David Cornwell is big time though... Big Ben would attest to that.

5. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

A rapist and a shoplifter? Winston has done both of those already plus screams FHRITP in a crowd and signed 400 jerseys thinking no one would find out.

[​IMG]

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

Jameis wasn't going to go without his crab legs. If he can't steal them anymore, he has to find a way to pay.

7. Raven

Raven Member

Good, he makes Manziel look smart, which is no small feat considering how dumb Manziel has acted since he was drafted.

8. Remii

Remii Member

" The criminal case fell apart, partly because the alleged victim*had semen from 2 different men*on her shorts."

Is that statement true...? Was another man charged as well...?

I'm perfectly fine with the autographs... Players should be able to at least pocket money off their name. These colleges don't care if these kids get an education are not... And we don't either because we look at their stats and not their grades.

9. Bandwagoner

YOU may be fine with rape, screaming FHRITP in a crowd, and selling more jerseys than Academy but those things are all against the rules. Screwing up your career in a plethora of different and increasingly dumber ways is generally considered foolish. The fact he was able to slide on that rape charge just makes his recent acts even dumber.

10. Remii

Remii Member

Don't mix my words because I never said I was fine with rape. Just because you have convicted Winston of rape in the court of your public opinion doesn't mean I have to. Many times when the D.A. drops a case "for not enough evidence" could mean they think the accuser is lying because you don't need an abundance of evidence to take a rape case to court to let the jury decide.

As far as all that other stuff you're crying about _ you can cry a river because I don't care. And you don't care either. You're just up on your high horse... Don't fall off and hurt yourself.

11. Bandwagoner

YOU may be fine with that other stuff, but it is ruining his career. The fact that he can't stay out of trouble and follow the rules is dropping him off of NFL team's draft boards. That drops millions out of his pockets. I am fine with it, it is hilarious how dumb this guy is. You don't think stealing crab legs, and getting suspended for screaming FHRITP is dumb? It is REALLY dumb.

12. solid

solid Contributing Member

I hope the Irish beat the do do out FSU this weekend.

13. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

If this rape case never happened all this other dumb stuff he's doing wouldnt even that big of a deal, but as long as he has this rape case over his head, he is never gonna get any leeway.

Hope all this gets cleared up for Winston and the Woman and finally come to a conclusion.

14. Remii

Remii Member

What career... Do you mean his college career where he's already won a championship and a Heisman Trophy...??? As far as his college career everything he does in college now is just gravy. The only thing taking a hit now is his reputation in the eyes of the public.

And who told you he's dropping on NFL teams boards... The same people that told us Geno Smith, Teddy Bridgewater, Johnny Football, etc would be top 10 picks in the draft...??? I'll believe he drops in the draft when I see it happen on draft day and as long as he doesn't have any criminal charges he probably won't fall in the draft. He can drop out of school now and probably still be a top 5 pick.

Boys/men do dumb 5h1t and Winston isn't the 1st and definitely won't be the last so I don't care about all that other stuff and NFL teams that need a quarterback probably won't either (except for the Texans).

15. Bandwagoner

If you think teams aren't dropping him off of boards I think you are delusional but agree to disagree. Do you agree screaming FHRITP and shoplifting crablegs, along with breaking NCAA rules is incredibly dumb?

16. Remii

Remii Member

Well many break NCAA rules... That's been going on forever. You just haven't been paying attention if you think Winston is the 1st.

As far as the other stuff you mentioned... What type of dumb stuff were you doing at that age...? Johnny Football was using fake ID's, getting drunk in bars and was getting in bar fights, he also broke NCAA rules, and he's undersized and not a prototypical quarterback and still went in the 1st round... But hey, maybe Johnny is just so special and I am delusional.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Theft and alleged rape, man. It's slightly different...

18. Remii

Remii Member

Alleged and guilty are two different things.... But a white girl accusing a black boy of rape in the south _ I guess Winston must be guilty. I'm surprised he hasn't been lynched already. But just the same _ the NFL draft players with some type of allegations or chargers all the time. Jeremy Hill got drafted in the 2nd round this year... Randy Moss went to jail for drugs and had a battery charge. Sammy Watkins got arrested for drugs. Hernandez had gang ties... The list goes on.

Shop lifting crab legs and screaming out some obscenity probably won't drop him in the draft as far as some may think.

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

This is one of the dumbest quotes I've read in a long time.

1 person likes this.
  20. Major

Major Member

None of those guys are the face of a franchise. How many character-problem franchise QBs do you see out there? You have Big Ben, who's problems cropped up only after he was in the NFL (and had won a Superbowl). You have Newton, but his theft charge was a few years before he was draft eligible. Who else? Add in the the fact that there has been a sea change in the NFL's view of off-the-field issues this offseason, and what team is going to want to trust their franchise to this guy and all the risk that entails? He may go late first-round as a flier, but I doubt he goes anywhere near the concensus #1 pick that he was projected for.