1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jameer Nelson close to being a Mav

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Jul 23, 2014.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Many players who seem to be opponents or foes on the court have been friends off it.
    I for one would not worry much about that.

He called as a friend. I would not want Jameer. We want Rondo and nothing less.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Well screw you too, Nelson:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Jameer Nelson balanced finances and winning in free agency. Dwight Howard made multiple calls recruiting Nelson to Houston, sources say.</p>&mdash; Shams Charania (@ShamsCharania) <a href="https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/statuses/492411000763584512">July 24, 2014</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

3. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Can you blame him? Would you want to team up again with someone who said this about you?

4. LandryFields

LandryFields Member

He might be slightly washed up but I think it would have been a low risk high reward if he could have been signed for a 1 or 2 year deal. He does have 8 years of experience playing together with Dwight as his running mate, and Ish Smith is as close to a "veteran" as the Rockets have at PG.

5. roslolian

roslolian Member

:confused: LOL Nelson's washed up, he's marginally better than their other pgs at this point. TBH, if the Rox somehow got him at anything other than the vet min I would be pissed.

BTW, is it just me or have the Mavs been taking lessons from Brooklyn? For a team boasting a decent fanbase and supposedly the "best owner in bball", the Mavs have been overpaying like crazy to get mediocre talent, Dirk and maybe Harris are pretty much the only "good value" contracts they have.

6. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Better restrict Felton's trips to the buffet table.

7. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Jameer Nelson is not good anymore; I'd rather run with Canaan. Mavs are getting all the cast-offs. Patch-up team

8. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

I don't believe we were trying to recruit Nelson. All we heard was we're trying to get Goran, Bledsoe or Rondo.

9. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Mavs lost so many guys from last year's team