1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jamal Shead or Zach Edey

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by shakes05, May 14, 2024.

1. sydmill

sydmill Member

AND went to Jalen Green's high school. AND is Nigerian like a certain legend. I think Robert Williams is his ceiling but the guy sure does play similarly and we know Ime can use that archetype.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Alperen is ready to box Edey into submission.

3. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Has anyone ever tried drafting 2 players with the same pick? That's the sort of "out of the box" thinking we need for this organization. HashtagKeepGrinding

SamFisher likes this.
  4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

AND played soccer before picking up a basketball late like that certain Legend. Also, not that it matters much, but Udoka is Nigerian. :D

Even as raw as he still is, he won the Pac12 DPOY the last 2 yrs. He posted a 48.5 inch vertical in a workout this past week. I believe that's the new record for NBA prospects. He's going to be :eek:

https://uclawire.usatoday.com/2024/05/11/ucla-adem-bona-nba-workout-shows/

Again, I'd trade up from the 2nd and grab him in the 1st. My .02

1 other person likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

firestone better anonymously start a nasty rumor about edey so he drops to 44

6. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I’m all in on Shead as our 2nd round pick if he gets to #44. Yes he’s short and needs to improve his 3pt shooting, but his leadership, defense, and playmaking are elite. There are probably better prospects on paper that will be there at #44, but he’s got a lot of intangibles you just can’t teach and he’s ready to come in and play right now. He’s apparently crushing it at the combine.

https://www.si.com/nba/draft/newsfeed/jamal-shead-impresses-in-nba-combine-scrimmage-01hxx7g2r07n

#26 Aruba77, May 15, 2024
    Last edited: May 15, 2024
  7. Asian Sensation

Dante would be nice as hell. I could see him playing a similar role to what Udoka had with RW3 and being a great fit/fav as well. Bonus points on the downside he’s injury prone just like RW3. For selfish reasons I’m hoping Dante gets another year of eligibility. I think he goes back if he does.

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

SHOOTING we need SHOOTING over everything else.

DD

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yes, and the draft is not the only way to add shooting. Who was the last pure “shooter” we signed or traded for? I can only think of FVV, who we had to max out to get, and that was more about running the floor than shooting. I can’t really think of anyone else we’ve signed or traded for to address shooting during Stone’s time as GM. And no Gary Bird doesn’t count ;)

It would be great if Stone could maximize that part of his job so we don’t have to be handcuffed to a strict particular player profile in the draft. I really like Sheppard and Kenecht, but if Castle is a better prospect we should have the flexibility to take him. Or Jamal Shead in the 2nd round for that matter.

10. lionaire

lionaire Member

We have Shead at home (Aaron holiday :D)

This is where we should take a flyer on a shooter or 7 footer. what's the status of that kid from Oakland that dogged on Kentucky in the tournament?

daywalker02 likes this.
  11. OremLK

OremLK Member

I wonder if he can have a Kyle Lowry career trajectory?

Aruba77 likes this.