1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose thinks Dwight Howard will join the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Panda23, Jun 5, 2013.

1. rocketblood713

Don't matter till July

2. D12Eminem

D12Eminem Member

Jalen Rose was the one, and someone else named "MAGIC" that knew two months (mighta been a few weeks, and I'm wrong on couple months, but it was WELL BEFORE!) before the James Harden deal to Houston was going down.

-they knew he was going to go to Hou., but they just couldn't straight up say that a trade was going to happen like that because that would have developed problems with confidentiality.

Anyways, Jalen is in the KNOW in the NBA like he said on BR, or GL before. Bill Simmons asked how they knew OKC was shopping Harden to only 3 teams, and two were saying HELL NO LOL SMH...

3. 11Rox4Life3

11Rox4Life3 Member

lol have you seen these guys play?

duncan/robinson was effective b/c drob was primarily a face up player. in fact that was his main weakness during his prime...he didn't have an elite jumpshot, or a back to the basket game, and that's why hakeem and karl malone were able to outplay him in a post season setting. and duncan's versatility on offense extended to mid-range and the post.

marC is a high post player. he's a mid-range jumpshooter that's a terrific passer as a high post hub.

and sampson was a freak of nature...he was a 7"3' big man that could handle the ball in transition, shoot mid-range jumpers, and often times played like a sf. and obviously hakeem was crazy versatile on offense too.

asik and dwight can't score outside of the 5 feet...or they can't efficiently. that means not only will they be in the paint on offense...but so will their defenders.

and besides those duos ran their offense through their bigs.

we will have harden and lin on the perimeter with dwight howard as te pick and roll partner as our primary offensive attack (and it would be our most effective attack too)... but then you need spacing to truly have an efficient offense.

4. liveguy

liveguy Member

^This is the part people don't seem to understand.

Asik is a bargain regardless and there's plenty of people that do less and get paid more than him.

Players like him don't grow on trees and it would ma zero sense to give him up just because...

It isn't like he's a max player but ask some of these clowns around here "we have to get rid of him...he'll just be in the way....he gets paid too much to come off the bench" etc...smh

5. BE4RD

BE4RD Member

If Kobe thinks he's going to get the "last word" in, that means he's not going to get any word at all. If Dwight gets an offer he likes from a team he likes, he's not going to go back to Kobe and say "OK, I want to hear what you have to say".

6. rocketjunkie

rocketjunkie Member

Frankly I think this means Kobe doesn't intend to recruit Dwight to stay. You want someone on your team, you don't wait until he's heard from everyone else and then make a final pitch. You call him every single day and whisper sweet promises of sharing the ball, laker legacy, etc.

I don't think kobe or pau want dwight back. Lakers FO is a different story.

7. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

well the fact is that he is leaning towards houston (thus the 55%) thats no opinion that is say he had inside info that that is where dwight is leaning.

From that information his opinion his that Howard will sign with houston.

8. rocketblood713

DONT MATTER TILL JULY !!

DWIGHT2HOUSTON

9. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Kobe is just doing dirty work for the GM of the Lakers I mean they are going to pay Kobe crazy money this year. Kobe does what they tell him to say, Kobe doesnt really care if Howard leaves.

10. pass_to_Hakeem

^^ I've been saying this for the past 6 weeks. There is NO need to trade Asik. They BOTH can play on the floor at the same time. It's so strange to me , to read thousands of comments "trade Asik if Dwight comes to HOU" why????? They can sign Dwight w/o having to trade away Asik!! So many options having them both on the team, Howard could easily move to the 4 , after Asik comes out then move Howard to the 5.. He's flexible!!

11. pass_to_Hakeem

Howard and Asik on the court at the same time......there's all the DEFENSIVE IMPROVEMENT you need....

12. RocketFan

RocketFan Contributing Member

I am actually down on trading Asik... Trade Asik/Lin/T-Rob for C.Paul and we will find other big men to sign with us that would want to play with Harden/Parsons/Dwight/CP3... Which would have better upside, who would players want to play on a team with -- A team with Harden/Parsons/Asik/Dwight/Lin or Harden/Parsons/CP3/Dwight? The latter seems more appealing to me, if I was a free agent looking to latch on with a new team come July... Sure, the 4/5 position is missing/is an unknown but its nothing that can't be fixed later... We would be the Miami Heat of the West, which I like the sound of! :cool:

13. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

We aren't getting CP3 homie.

On a slightly related note; how would our cap look assuming we do sign Howard for the max, or whatever he is asking for? We'd have given up pretty much all the non-guarantees, right?

14. Possum

Possum Member

He wouldn't be coming off the bench anyway. Most likely Dwight would be the starting PF.

15. Xsatyr

Xsatyr Member

A lot of posters? I don't see them; people are just saying he has credibility.

16. Kruze10

Kruze10 Member

With Howard and Asik the Rockets would be better than the Clippers, Nuggets, and Grizzlies from the start. Some teams might have a solution for our front court, but then you have to figure out how to contain Harden, Parsons, and Lin, who all have a season under their belt as starters

17. rocketblood713

BUT still doesn't matter till July !

BILL BELLAMY ‏@BILLBELLAMY 33m
    Dwight Howard just told me he rather play for the Sparks before he come back to the Lakers!!!! Lmao!!!!!

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

So hilarious AND awesome!! LOL

19. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

Lets keep asik so we can't ever get a third star lol. You guys are ignorant

20. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

Or how about let's keep Asik so that we have the assets to acquire a third star...or how about we keep Asik and see if a great defense means we don't need a third star...or how about people who live in ignorant houses shouldn't throw accusations of ignorance.