1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    The Timberwolves are roughing up the Nuggets, can they hold on for a Game 2 win? Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Jalen Rose: "the term superstar for Dwight Howard, those days are past"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Commodore, Feb 9, 2015.

1. dream2franchise

S*** on him when he's been playing injured pretty much all season.

Come back strong, Dwight.

2. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

When healthy, he is still one of the best big men defenders in NBA. Number prove that. He has never been an offensive superstar, just someone who can out jump everyone else.

He is still a defensive superstar who can still finish alley-oops and dunk offensive rebounds with an occasional post move. That's all we need from him.

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Idk why people have to go all the way back to the Portland series...

Look at Dwight early on in the season, was playing at all star caliber level. This is a little narrow sighted, even for Jalen.

-V-

4. thejav

thejav Member

Truth hurts...

5. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

So much hate for jrose, when he was saying positive things like kD to the rockets you all called him a god

1 person likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

Nba players: Dwight's soft

Nba players driving on Dwight: jaws music as they run into a brick wall names howard

1 person likes this.
  7. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

it seemed like they had to find something to fill in time, because they spent a lot of time talking about someone injured without mentioning that injuries were his issue.

8. rhino17

rhino17 Member

I think you have to be a top 10 player to legitimately be a superstar, no way Dwight is in that category anymore

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I agree. I just hope the dude can scratch by with all star level of play, but even that might not be the case anymore. He seems like more of a Tyson Chandler then a Cousins or Gasol.

10. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

BUT, that's only because Harden didn't play like himself/how he should have played. You know that, I know that, we all know that.

Yes Dwight showed up in the Blazers series, but that's only when Dwight showed up (which is good), and honestly that's the only place I want to see him show up, but if Harden has another series like he had with Blazers last year, we aren't going to the promised land in the Finals, nor are we getting out of the first round, regardless of who we play.

11. val_modus

val_modus Member

Therefore the only superstars in the league are (in no order):
    -LeBron
    -KD
    -Chef Curry
    -B3ARD
    -Westbrook
    -Unibrow
    -Cousins
    -M. Gasol
    -CP3
    -Aldridge

Sure you could interchange someone who I missed with somebody on the list, but you'd be arguing that someone on my list is not a superstar, which I do not believe is an argument anyone would be making.

Therefore, the likes of Lilliard, Melo, Love, Irving, John Wall, Lowry, Blake Griffin, DRose, Bosh, etc are not superstars? I'd push it to the top 20 players in the league.

12. rhino17

rhino17 Member

Only guys on your list I would consider are Blake, Wall and Lillard. I'd also take Cousins off, so maybe around a dozen. The rest of those guys are not superstars, just all stars

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Or we could just be honest with ourselves and say he's being captain obvious.

Dwight is injured. I'm sure he of all people isn't happy about his situation. I personally don't see any benefit in piling on.

14. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Well, he's right.

x_x @ the whole throat-clearing / water bit

1 person likes this.
  15. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

Uh, they clearly talked about how much mileage he's accrued and flat out said "his body is wearing down."

16. ZNB

ZNB Contributing Member

Dwight was a superstar in the playoffs. If he can replicate that this year who knows.

17. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Jail-in Rose the drunk driver

Whatever

He don't know jack

[​IMG]

18. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

When I think superstar, I think a franchise player you can build a team from scratch on right now.

That means LeBron, Durant, Curry, Harden, maybe CP3 and maybe Davis. Even those guys are borderline to me.

I wouldn't feel comfortable having cousins as the main lead superstar of my team, and guys like Wall, Blake, Bosh just aren't at that level. There's plenty subjectivity to it, but there's a clear line between a superstar you can formulate championship aspirations off of, and just an all-star who will lead you to first round exits even surrounded by decent talent.

19. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Whether DHoward is a superstar or not is irrelevant, we need a healthy DHoward to have any chance at a championship! All this talk about who he was and how he played for Orlando is crying over spilled milk! He still anchors are interior defense and in certain matchups is able to dominate his opponent! The media's hate for Houston/Howard is and has been in full force for quite some time! Just ignore the haters, and they'll eventually have to eat crow!!!

Can you imagine if that question was asked to Malarkey!.... Dwight is tuuurrrbl!

GO ROCKETS!!!

20. XxTCNxX

XxTCNxX Member

No his prime is over and its due to his injuries, just got unlucky. Aside from all the drama he creates, Kobe was almost above Jordan level when he was young and healthy. Now look at him. Look at Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady. Jale Rose is 100% correct