1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Rose Says Rockets the only threat to Warriors, Harden will Win MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jaychi, Nov 17, 2017.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

I mean the whole season.. you can't just play harden to death/mvp level/frantic pace in the reg season to get the best seed and replace him in the playoffs with a fresh star..

we didn't go farther last year because of the roster and coaching around him.. not because of harden

could any other superstar single handedly carry the rockets thru the whole season farther last year?

#61 vlaurelio, Nov 18, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
    DonKnock likes this.
  2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

So..... This evolved into a major Beadle bash session, and then a Harden game 6 debate. Noice.

DonKnock, Houstunna and BigMaloe like this.
  3. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

NBA seems like it has been top heavy for awhile and this season is one of the worst. Us and the Warriors maybe the Spurs and then the Celtics and maybe Cavs if IT comes back and plays at a MVP level.

If the Warriors have just one injury come playoffs to one of their top 4 I think we can win it all this year. Hopefully the Rockets at least least make it close the Cavs struggle and the stage is set for Lebron to come next year.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. s3ts

s3ts Member

They had LMA and Kawhi. Mills as a little guard kept killing everyone with his quickness.

I never thought LMA was going to have nights like when he beat us in Portland. Back to back 40+ pts. And he didn't but he was still pretty good. We didn't know how to guard him.

Their midrange game is deadly, and can finish at the rim much better than we can. If you haven't noticed, our defense isn't good close to the rim. This is because we fear 3s not 2s. Then you have to take into account that they have pretty decent shooters at the 3 pt line, and consistently make very efficient and low turnover plays at the post and on the drive. Coach Pop makes very little mistakes, and you have to wish that their players make mistakes.

Then, see that their defensive rating last season was much much better than ours.

Simply put, Spurs are a better team than us last year. They have 4 players who are HOF, all-star players coached by the best coach the game has ever seen... Rockets had 1 all-star and 6th Man, recent change in coaching and losing Dwight to FA.... No matter how you slice it we weren't going to win.

Also, nobody was going to beat GSW. Not the Rockets, not the Spurs.

#64 s3ts, Nov 18, 2017
    DonKnock and vlaurelio like this.
  5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

So the cost of Harden playing at an MVP level in the regular season is him running out of gas when it actually matters? I don't disagree with that. Part of the reason that chasing after an MVP, which the team was so transparently doing last year, is a major aggravation for me.

Could a lineup of Beverly-Gordon-Ariza-[LeBron/Durant]-Capela have gone farther? Maybe. You're saying the answer is clearly "no"?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

Harden absolutely needed to play mvp level at a frantic pace night in and night out to carry that roster and 7man rotation coach at least HCA in the 1st round of the playoffs in the west. Would it have been better if harden rested 5 games, beat the jazz in the 1st round then play his heartout and get swept by gsw?

you mean bandwagoner, can't win with Russ and those cats, and 18 game injury KD who actually got GSW less wins than the year before?

or 51 win Lebron with Kyrie, Love, and a chapinonship roster and cast, and 10 game rest Lebron IN THE LEAST?

how many wins would they have in the reg season in the West single handedly the rockets as the lone star (with Ariza and not Gordon leading the bench) and with a 7-man rotation coach?

50 wins/4th seed at best. then if they get lucky to get past hayward, gobert, johnson who beat cp3, blake, dj be swept or gentleman's sweep by GSW in the 2nd round

while GSW still wins a championship with Harden or Cavs still in the Finals with Harden.

that's the reason why Morey extended Harden to the Max and improved the roster around harden

and why CP3, Tucker, LMM decided to join Harden and Melo tried to

#66 vlaurelio, Nov 18, 2017
  7. Robert Kogut

Robert Kogut Member

In this season - whole NBA world will learn to respect and admire Houston Rockets, JH and CP3. I tell you.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

At the End of the Day, I mean, Season I think Kawhi will be back, Timber Pups will be there, and another team in the West outside of Houston and GSW will rise to the challenge. (Nuggs?)

I guess OKC will be better at the end than now obviously.

9. macan

macan Member

i mean for her age, she's still kinda hot

BleedsRocketRed likes this.
  10. dkoune

dkoune Rookie

True, the Rockets should have it clicking with Cp3, Harden and Co, also! Hope the Rockets add one more athletic wing to complete the puzzle tho

DonKnock likes this.
  11. Mr Chuck Norris

she looks like that loud aunt that farts around the dinner table

s3ts and BigMaloe like this.
  12. macan

macan Member

lol

13. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Chauncey and jalens response to her hating was hilarious though. They were just like “very nice now let me finish my point” lmao

Rox11, s3ts and DonKnock like this.
  14. arubato

arubato Member

I’m still thinking how is OKC built for the playoffs.

s3ts likes this.
  15. vlaurelio

Exactly the same reaction of players, coaches, and GMs here to the haters/low bball IQ posters in this board

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  16. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Entire life for her age.

[​IMG]

Not my ideal, but she's far from unattractive.

macan likes this.
  17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

18. UrbanEnterprise

best player Harden has ever had was a declining pouting Dwight Howard.

after him who? Parsons? Lin? Beverley?

Kawhi has Aldridge and GOAT coach Pop. not to mention championship veterans around him in Parker & Giniboli

LeBron had Bosh/Wade/Irving/Love now Thomas

Curry has Durant/Klay/Green

Hell even CP3 had Griffin & Jordan

Isaiah Thomas at least had Horford.

who has Harden played with?????

yes he gets a pass for Game 6. He didn't quit, he ran out of gas. People forget Nene getting injured was huge also. Our matchups weren't good afterwards and we couldn't rebound because of it.

Scarface281, Houstunna, s3ts and 3 others like this.
  19. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Because they're the 2nd best defense in the nba

20. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

LeBron is barely over .500 RIGHT NOW because he’s playing without an all star ball handler for the first time since he left Cleveland the first time.

And he still has a multitime all star on the team in Love. :rolleyes:

s3ts likes this.