1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Jalen Rose] Kevin Durant Will Join Harden and Howard In Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Croatian Sensation, Oct 23, 2013.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

Didn't Durant just quietly sign a fat extension a year or two ago?

2. haoafu

haoafu Contributing Member

This should be illegal, but I wouldn't mind it since Lebron/Wade/Bosh did it in Miami. The rest of the league will be screwed again. I really cherish the old days when superstars compete with each other.

3. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

When is Durant a free agent how old will he and James and Dwight be will we have the cap to pursue him

4. Easy Runner

Easy Runner New Member

Highly possible! just pick him up via UFA,

Parsons Durant D12 frontcourt, unbeatable!

Making money globally and winning!

5. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

This. Not that it won't happen. It can't happen! Jalen says things before he thinks sometimes. Yes he has been right in the past, but I'm sure he's been wrong more.

Mj would have to sell all his shares of the team and I'm pretty sure he's majority owner. Hmmm

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

I feel like this is completely impossible unless Morey deliberately sabotages the team's short-term chances for it. $40 mil is already committed to Dwight and James. Chandler is getting $8-10M soon. Other rosters spots have to be filled. We are talking about the summer of 2016, it would be stupid to be thinking about the summer of 2016 when we have 2 of the 10 best players in the league right NOW.

7. beardsanity713

It makes so much sense...

8. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

If Durant were to come to the Rockets with Harden and Howard....the rest of the league might as well give up for a while. All three are still young and would be within their prime. That big three would have a chance to beat the Bulls 70 win mark. I'll believe that when I see it though, but its not impossible to see.

9. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

I think your under estimating morey if he knows Durant wants to come here morey will still keep the team competitive while still keeping cap flexibility like he's done for years to make a run for Durant when he's available

10. abigwreck

abigwreck Member

would so so ridiculous

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

If this happens?

Dynasty.

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Flying Bowen is a coach now

13. meh

meh Contributing Member

For people who think the whole cap thing prevents this from happening, it actually won't. I actually thought about this earlier in the summer.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showpost.php?p=8195805&postcount=35

Because Howard has an opt-out clause in 2016, this actually HELPS the Rockets chances of landing Durant. Because Howard can take less than max and fit Durant in with both players taking a bit less than absolute max. It requires some cap management. But if Durant states from back channels that he wants to be in Houston, Morey WILL make the necessary moves to make sure everyone but rookie contracts expire in 2016. This is easier than one may think, at slight but not ridiculous cost to the roster.

14. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

CDrex = YouTuber TheGlideIsHere?

15. IgotNext

IgotNext Member

:grin:

Morey would need a statue if that happened.

16. Spiegel

Spiegel Member

You dont think Harden has allready been in Durants ear about coming here?. Offcourse he has. He didnt know Dwight and it didnt stop him recruiting him so imagine a guy like Durant who is close to him.

17. OremLK

OremLK Member

Yeah if Morey hears Durant wants Houston, he just doesn't extend Parsons but rather lets him play out his contract and become an unrestricted free agent. Boom, cap space.

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I can believe it, seeing how close they are. It's much more plausible than expecting ever expecting Lebron, Melo, etc., especially since KD doesn't care too much about being Hollywood.

19. Mr Exlax

Mr Exlax Member

First thing I thought of when I read this topic.

20. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

OKC fan?