1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

True. It is a good feat regardless and I think Jalen has made a lot of progress towards being a key part of a contender… but I think it is silly to act like he belongs in the conversation with all the other players named … Kareem, McAdoo, in the article …Jordan, Lebron, and Shaq by me.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I don't have to check the math to know Jalen is not MJ or Bron in the making.

kspires999 likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I think if you hate Jalen Green you'd see that as a people saying "he's the next MJ" rather than "hey that's a impressive stretch for Green".

Obviously for someone who hates Green a comparison to MJ has you chomping on the bit because obviously he is never going to be anywhere close to that so it's an easy target to **** on him.

Yinka Dare likes this.
  4. Reeko

Reeko Member

these cherry picked stats or accomplishments are getting embarrassing atp

I wish people would just stop with the nonsense trying to shoehorn guys into lists with players they are nowhere near the level of at the same age

just stop

the amount of lists I’ve seen with Lebron, Luka, other all-time greats, and then *insert Jalen* is ridiculous

GotGame15 and Bobbythegreat like this.
  5. fchowd0311

Just to rustle your jimmies a bit more:D

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Jalen was being compared directly to MJ and Bron. WTF do you expect folks to say to that?
    Only a Jalen apologist would find a way to say someone must hate Jalen for pointing out he is not and shiiting on him for saying so.

daywalker02 likes this.
  7. fchowd0311

Jalen Green has never been compared to MJ and LeBron in terms of being the next MJ or LeBron.

When people mention steaks like this it's just to show how impressive it is rather than him being the next MJ. It's blatantly obvious that is the motive but also blatantly obvious you need bad faith strawmen arguments that praise Green to fuel your hate.

Rocketeer likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Only someone who feels the pain of a single player only and not the pain of the whole team.......

jim1961 likes this.
  9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

In fairness.... though they'll DEFINITELY lie about it now, the comparisons were that Green was the next MJ/Kobe, not Lebron.

10. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Where did these comparisons come from? What I remember is JG's ATHLETICISM being akin to MJ and Kobe.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Some people did compare Jalen (or his potential/ceiling) to Kobe. Never MJ. Big difference.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Read post 2272 in this thread along with the post it was in reply to.

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

all I know is the guy is a draft bust, important fans have lost FAITH in him, and it's time to trade him for a LeBron-level superstar

get 'er done Raffy

BaselineFade, kpdark and fchowd0311 like this.
  14. fchowd0311

Ya you still seem to just try to strawman and say people are claiming Green is the next MJ rather than just posting an impressive streak that shows promise.

15. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Green's athleticism and skillset is closer to MJ than Sengun's play style and skill set is to Jokic's (fight me haha) :cool:

kpdark and fchowd0311 like this.
  16. fchowd0311

Eh both have a major disadvantage in size. For Green it's the disadvantage in hand size compared to MJ. Hence why MJ ball security was always elite and could do those one handed triple clutch lay ups when Green would need to use both hands and even then he has a chance of being stripped.

Then there also is simple mental aspect of the game where it isn't even close between the two.

For Alpi the mental aspect is closer with Jokic but Sengun doesn't have near Jokic physical presence and length.

But ya MJ's hands were MASSIVE.

Dobbizzle likes this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I still stand by my statement. Watch the tape, compare the players. Green resembles MJ wayyy more than Sengun resembles Jokic haha.

(In truth i actually think Jalen's latest run he looked like a taller, way more athletic AI than either of Kobe or MJ, but the defensive effort he's bringing also helps him mirror their archetype closer than Sengun who looks more like a better Sabonis than a lesser Jokic to me.)

fchowd0311 likes this.
  18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Some people that is good, it was rampant around Draft time......

Then came He is only 19.

He is only 20.

He is only 21.

He is only 22.

But he was only .....old when he dry humped that fool Christopher.

19. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Hand extension surgery?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  20. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

peleincubus likes this.