1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jackson offers to trade Kobe!!!!

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by HOOP-T, Jan 10, 2001.

1. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

From NBAtalk.com:

Not Kobe! - According to the LA Times: It seems Phil Jackson told Kobe Bryant he would trade him this summer if Kobe was unhappy as a Laker. Apparently after they won the Championship last year, Phil Jackson sat down with this young star and offered him an almost unbelievable proposition. Jackson asked Bryant if he wanted to be traded. While he was not part of the meeting, GM Mitch Kupchak knew of it and knew the topic of discussion. Jackson remembered saying to Bryant, 'If you're not going to be happy here as a player, then I would want to move you on, if you can't be happy co-existing with Shaq.' While he has since admitted to a curiosity for life away from the offensive tug-of-war with O'Neal, away from the constraints of Jackson's triangle offense, and away from the daily public scrutiny of all of that, Bryant told Jackson then that he didn't wish to leave. Under contract with the Lakers for this season and four more, Bryant said it again Tuesday. 'I'm the type of person who likes to make things work,' Bryant said. 'Whatever cards have been dealt, I'm a loyal person, I'm with the Lakers and I'm going to be a Laker for life. But just out of curiosity you wonder what it would be like in another situation.' Kobe made a suggestion in ESPN that he be traded if the Lakers want him to tone down his game . . . but by the end of Tuesday's practice, Bryant's trade demand had become a running joke. Jackson called to a handful of reporters, 'I'll be back to talk to you guys about where we're trading Kobe.' An hour later, Bryant returned the volley, asking Jackson for trade details. PJ smiled and said, 'I'm not giving you a choice. Vancouver looks pretty good right now.' Bryant waved his hand and laughed. For the record, Kupchak wouldn't seriously consider a trade. 'There's nothing to it,' he said. 'Nobody's going anywhere. Nobody wants to go anywhere. It's absurd to think Kobe would go anywhere.' Still Kupchak is armed with the $3.2-million trade exception that gives him great versatility, and continues to take and make calls. He did, however, say he would gauge the league's interest in his players and added, 'We like our team.' Lakers Rant

------------------
    There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness."

2. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Never mind...wrong Kobe thread.

[This message has been edited by Rocketman95 (edited January 10, 2001).]

3. Miggidy Markell

Could this mean they may trade Stackhouse for Kobe? Do you think the Pistons would do that deal? BTW I haven't looked on salary caps or anything.

------------------
    Miggidy Markell says:

1. Eastcoast is da sh*t
    2. Rockets rule
    3. Hip/Hop is dope
    4. Buy the new Ruff Ryders album!

Miggidy Markell is watching
    Stay STRAPPED & WATCH ya back or be Assimilated.

4. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

they should trade him for Carter [​IMG]

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    JAZZ SUCK!!!!!!!