1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jabari Parker out for the rest of the season with torn ACL

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by mr. 13 in 33, Dec 16, 2014.

1. CrashTheBoards

It is because guys are being rewarded for stopping in front of there man and falling down. That is not good defense. Only in the nba do players get rewarded for such tactics and so many injuries have come from it and will continue to come from it. New players entering the league will get hurt because of it. Canaan sprained his ankle because paul did it to him.

The thing is they have their man beat off the dribble, so it should come down to whether or not the defender can block or contest the shot enough to change it. Instead they are stepping in front of a player running at full speed and simply falling down trying to get a call. That is not a charge. A charge is when a man is already stationary and the offensive player comes barreling into him knocking the defender over. Players know you cant do that so you rarely see actual charges being called in the nba.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Having torn my ACL last year playing Div 1 soccer here in Houston, I must say it is a long recovery process. And even when you have recovered, you have to be mentally strong to get back playing at that level.

Good luck to Jabari. NBA wants to see the best of a talent like him

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is there a video? I didn't see it.

4. CertifiedTroll

This news upsets me.

5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

Jabari was my favorite rookie. Was really hoping we would somehow see this Buck team in the playoffs.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

Here you go. I posted a gif of it and a Vine when it happened. They tried to say it was just a sprain, but I and many others were skeptical of that diagnosis. Especially so without them yet doing the MRI.

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/showthread.php?t=260800