1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[J.Solomon] Hi-Kwality Sportswriter Refuses to Praise with Non-Hi-Kwality Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Which "good center" was on the market? Gortat? Whatever Rocket offered would have been matched by Orlando anyway. Any great deals for good center that Morey was just too stupid to get in on?

2. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

I am not sure if these guys were actually acquirable, but here's a list of guys I would like to replace Andersen or DM should have gotten:

1)Haywood
    2)Hibbert
    3)Dalembert
    4)Hawes
    5)Noah- Chicago definitely won't give him off, DM should've worked his magic and the T-Mac chip he had

3. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

EXACTLY.

4. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Damn, Jerome and Morey have been going at it all year.

5. RyanB

RyanB Member

he is like Charles Barkley :grin: :grin:
    he motivates us to shut him next year ;)

6. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

okay........?

and my bad, haywood was actually acquirable

If Morey can't even find a center better than Andersen in the NBA then he doesn't deserve the praise he is getting

7. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Would you rather the Rockets have gotten Butler and Haywood instead of Martin, Hill, and the boatload of draft picks we have?? That's ridiculous.

8. RocketMania1991

.....You just posted a list of centers, we don't know if Morey inquired or not. Most likely he did.

But why hurt ourselves in the long-run just to have a center for one year ?

Morey probably tried heavily to get a legitimate back-up, but if the price became to high then he must of backed out.

No point in over paying for a back-up.

9. MrAwe

MrAwe Member

No, obviously, but I also don't want Morey to acquire Martin, Hill and future talents just so we can wait around for Yao to get healthy.

Maybe that's the case, but aren't we already hurting ourselves with a center like Yao? Sure he is great when he is healthy and playing, but it's like having a super hot girlfriend who is never around, what's the point?

10. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Is this you?

[​IMG]

11. Ramathorn006

Ramathorn006 Contributing Member

Yeah the first day of free agency Morey went knocking on Gortats door so he DID try to obtain a center. And some of you, like DD, was saying a few weeks ago about who cares about wins as long as we develop you talent. And now you are saying its ok to agree with Solomon about just getting 42 wins? Hypocritical in my opinion.

12. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

No, I am saying that is what SOLOMON is saying.

Which is fine with me.

I am ok with 42 wins.....this season.......

DD

13. Ramathorn006

my bad. :p

14. Ramathorn006

You should make a vid of your analysis of the rockets season, offseason predictions, and what you expect the rockets to do as well. They are entertaining and you are right most of the time lol.

15. RocketMania1991

I think that Morey fully knows that he can't keep relying on Yao, but i'm sure if he were even to propose a trade involving Yao to Les it wouldn't happen. Unless of course the return value was just over whelming.

Morey is a very very smart man as we've seen with his drafting and roster management and it doesn't take a smart man to realize that building around Yao is probably not what is preferred, but it's all we have.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Here's an example.

The Bobcats.

They gave up a lot of draft picks just to get to the playoffs and get wacked in the first round.

Morey even said this morning he didn't understand why they did that.
    It's just not smart to gut your team of young talent for "a shot" in the playoffs.

Morey knew the Market for Big men would require us to give up too much for a short term relief. He played the smart hand and took Martin who would help Next year with Yao.

Yao is a gamble but at least we didn't have to give up the farm. How smart do the Blazers look now? Camby will be gone and they lost a decent PG and Outlaw.

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is coming....

;)

DD

18. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

The only player we'd want off that list is Noah. Morey tried to get him and Chicago understandably balked. Maybe Hawes would be acceptable, but Sacramento wasn't just going to throw him into the Tmac deal. What would you be willing to give up to get him?

The main problem with your perspective is that you expect short term success. We lost our starting shooting guard and center last season, both all-star caliber players. The writing was on the wall after that, the rockets had to rebuild. Unfortunately, rebuilding takes time and it is imperative to do it the right way. The Tmac deal went all the way to the last hours of the deadline. I believe we got good, long-term value for him. Unless you want to move Yao for pennies on the dollar, we must take that same patient approach. We're building for the future and not for this year's playoffs.

If you want Haywood that badly, we can get him this offseason as a free agent. Why would you blow trade assets on him for short term benefit? Would trading for an overpaid Dalembert suddenly solve Yao's injury problems? The assets it would take to acquire these guys just would not be worth it.

19. ASidd_1990

ASidd_1990 Rookie

Haywood and Dalembert were high risk, low reward investments. Both of them are not championship caliber Centers.

Hibbert is the future of the Pacers franchise, so why would we give they give him up.

Hawes would have cost us an additional piece to the T-Mac deal. The Kings would have probably asked for Lowry or Ariza or even Scola in return. Too much do give up for Hawes. Also there is a reason why he is a back-up to Thompson because he lacks work ethic and his attitude is questionable.

Noah, you can cross of the list because no way in hell Bulls give him up. He is their future and prodigal son. He is pretty much untouchable on the Roster.

20. MiddleMan

MiddleMan Contributing Member

What was his response???