1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[J.Solomon] Hi-Kwality Sportswriter Refuses to Praise with Non-Hi-Kwality Team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, Apr 16, 2010.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Summary:

Unlike geeks and mediocre sportswriters, I, Jerome "King" Solomon, the Lebron James of Writers, refuse to praise Dork Morey and his average team. All praises for 42-40 Rockets r Marketing Gimmick that Hi Kwality fans will not buy.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/bk/bkn/6961444.html

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Why did you post this garbage?

Can we block all Queen articles?

3. Hayesfan

Hayesfan Contributing Member

I read that last night and resisted the temptation to post.

Mainly because I don't want him to get credit for any clicks that the Chron gets for his trash.

4. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

stopped reading after he suggested trying to even get to the playoffs... what's the point if you don't have a chance at finals?

5. Nero

Nero Member

Thank You Solomon: You have given us the worst 'article of the year' so far, and it's only April.

Why don't you go be a Yankees or a Lakers fan, loozah.

6. RocketMania1991

Really Jerome, because when we had Yao we were a 50+ win team, without him a 42 win team.

So your telling me by adding Yao back we won't get back to 50 wins ?

7. RocketMania1991

Jerome Solomon proudly anti-praising since 1995.

8. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This guy is incredible... simply incredible...

9. txtodd

txtodd Member

Pretty amusing article. I agree with most of it, except with "a halfway decent big man and Rick Adelman could have guided this team to the playoffs.

That may have gotten you 4-5 more wins at the most, still not 50.

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

What did he say that was so bad?

He is just saying that 42 - 40 is not good enough, and that the team needs to get better.

I don't think this is that badly written.

DD

11. RocketMania1991

How can you agree with this bafoon and deem this season a failure.

Morey tried to go and get a center in Gortat and that didn't work out. He realized that Yao was coming back and it would be foolish to overpay for help just for this season.

Whats the point of getting a back up big man and make the playoffs anway ? We weren't going to achieve the ultimate goal of winning a championship anyway.

Morey allowed all of our young players to get more expierence than they've ever had before. He made the biggest and most successful trade of any team at the dead-line.

This past season might not have been the most successful looking at wins and losses, but in the long run it could have been one of the most important seasons in over a decade.

Morey has us set up to win and be huge factors this off-season and next season.

12. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

you're not reading between the lines.

He's been dissing Morey all year. On twitter, in articles, on the radio.

This is just a cheap shot article. Morey even called him out this morning.

He's just an wind bag.

13. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

That dude. Argh.

Making the playoffs would have been nice and might have even happened, but this team had no margin for error. Throw in lackluster, nervous effort prior to the trade deadline ("why should we bust our butts if no one is 'untouchable'?") and a big trade that said good-bye to the team's most-beloved player Landry (I won't even write "arguably"), not to mention Lowry's ankle and Ariza's hip pointer and Shane having to shut it down (Andersen's injury didn't help too much either)....and why would anyone really gripe about not making the playoffs?

Morey saying "We did all right in spite of this that and the other thing, and we'll make sure this doesn't happen again next year" shouldn't spark one of Jerome's famously "I wish I were a Lakers sportswriter" articles.

14. rhino17

rhino17 Member

What a tool

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

I think it runs deeper then this article, Solomon has consistently bashed Morey for receiving praise over his philosophy and they way he has handled the team. It really comes down to Solomon being the type of writer that accepts no excuses, legit or not, and expects championship regardless of the circumstances.

My issue with his writings is the off handed personal attacks on Morey. If he doesn't like the direction of the club that's fine but almost everyone acknowledges Morey has done a fantastic job but he constantly kills the guy with his unreasonable expectations.

#15 rockets934life, Apr 16, 2010
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2010
  16. HeyDude

HeyDude Contributing Member

This guy is a below average writer; his content is even worse. How is he employed by the Chronicle?

17. djohn2o12

djohn2o12 Member

I stopped reading his articles after he called McGrady a "hi-quality" athlete

18. petechillcutt

petechillcutt Member

Because the Comicle loves idiots...see Richard Justice.

19. Joshfast

Joshfast "We're all gonna die" - Billy Sole
    Supporting Member

The funny thing is - if you didn't complain or give him attention (blog responses ect) he would go away and probably be fired because his articles suck. The more blog hits/responses = more popularity in editors minds = more ad revenue blah blah and so on. (see Dick Justice)

I do think he is one of McGrady's mistresses though. That would explain alot.

20. Sooner423

Sooner423 Contributing Member

Someone had to step up and be Negative Nancy when they cut Blinebury loose.