1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very interesting! Thanks for sharing that tidbit!

2. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Do I jave to go over the fact that he was the only person that boxed out last year?

3. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nope. Thankful for his contributions, but we simply don't have the space and the impact he has on locker rooms is questionable at best, and that's not even his fault necessarily.

4. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

DAAAAAAAAAAAAM are you serious? no fkn way. unbelievable. not that they were teammates, but that dwert was smart enough to go to high school. that sht cray cray yo. daam dwight, you aint so dumb after all. keep smiling

5. burnshroom

burnshroom Member

Reality Check:

For all of y'all bashing on JSmoove and the fact he plays no position because he is out of the league...

Did you know, that your team is PAYING actual money to the tune of 7 million per for the next TWO years to... Corey Brewer.

That alone makes JSmoove look like found gold for a 1 year minimum to ride the bench and be a vet mentor.

6. YOLO

YOLO Member

What does that have to do with anything? Absolutely nothing. 7 million is nothing now. And tbh brewer fits a MDA offense better than j smith right now.

7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The fact that one bad player is on the team isn't a justification to pick up another bad player.

heypartner likes this.
  8. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Boxing out is great, but sometimes you gotta grab them balls.

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You do not get good leadership from JSmoov, you get a guy that is well past his prime and holding on.

Thank god the Rox don't want him anymore.

DD

10. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

True, we should pay Dmo $12 million now he's a very special player.

Thank heavens you aren't running the team.

11. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Every post you write I'm scratching my head thinking it's either a joke or the board is getting punked somehow. DMo wasn't worth $12M even before he was injured and playing his best basketball. He needs to prove something first.

12. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm kidding around but that's my entire point. DD is infatuated with him and he and several others said 9-12 mil. WOT

I agree with you and you are absolutely right, he needs to prove he's healthy and he's worth it. He played nicely for a patch two years ago and outside of that he's been average at best. I don't think he's a scrub and would gladly welcome him back at the right price, but we have a thread on this dude that's 32 pages long.

Sick of it. The constant speculation, worry and rumors persisting around DMO have defied logic.

13. DaDakota

I am trying to figure out why you are picking a fight.

I have not said pay DMo 12m, I thought he would sign the 1 year QO.

DD

14. DaDakota

Then ****ING ignore the thread - don't be such a tosser.

DD

15. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Seriously, you are okay. If you think I'm picking a fight chill. Outside of dmo you are pretty good overall

16. DaDakota

Cool - I like DMo, not that I think he is a GREAT player, but he has an elite post game that gives us an option when things are not working, we missed that last year more than most think.

I would not sign him to a long term deal, I would sign him to 2 years max, and let him prove he can hold up. This is a business, there is nothing more to it, I like that he has a game that would compliment Harden - and I am HOPING that we sign him and he can contribute with his skillset to make our team harder to guard.

To me, he is a super role player a guy who makes the TEAM better by simply being on the floor - and yes, that means he needs to be healthy.

Anyway, sorry if I came off to harshly but you were calling me out in a JSmoov thread and I was like what is going on.

On the Thread topic, JSmoov sucks, we already are stuck with Brewer we don't need him, we can go younger with our Louisville duo and maybe that Wilcher kid.

DD

kwakmeister and Cashmoney like this.
  17. kwakmeister

kwakmeister Contributing Member

Minority here but I liked Josh. I bought his shirts and kids jersey, I haven't done that since we had Lin/Harden as our back court. I loved watching him and Dwight drown Dirk and Tyson.

Josh Smith is a funny case. Due he's pay his prime but that doesn't mean he can't contribute. iirc the last two years he was not greedy with the ball. He often passed the ball to the point where he was passing too much. By that I mean his passing was sometimes sloppy but many times he dropped dimes.

He could pass off the dribble. Doesn't sound very impressive but we had exactly zero 3s, 4s and 5s that could do that. I enjoyed watching his fast breaks. His shooting got better %wise.

There's downside, I mean I wish he ran the 4-5 pnr more but was that on him or Dwight?

Imo, he's worth the vet min to have around.

People talk about Rudy Gay as the Shawn Marion role, why not Josh? Like I seriously didn't watch basketball back when Phoenix was scary. I watched the Rockets when I could but it's not like nowadays where I actually understand offenses and defenses and watch how the game is played in a chess-like fashion. So I'm legitimately asking why not Josh in that role? He can space, he was one of the few people to actually try on defense last year, he isn't opposed to pnr and he can handle and dish... these are things Marion is mentioned as doing. (don't quote me on handles, I might have made that one up)

18. icecreamman

icecreamman Member

I can't stand comments like these. Josh smith is the only reason we made it to the western conference finals. Dude gets a bad rep and apparently he's not good anymore. He could start on half the rosters in the league.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Which is why he can't get anyone to even give him a league minimum deal....

20. MistaK

MistaK Member

Thx for the info and very interesting indeed! I know people always said that Josh and Howard were really close. When Josh first got here it seemed that way. I know some people on here thought that Josh went to the Clippers because Harden wanted him out, but watching the games and the players interact on the bench and on the court, especially after Josh was traded back to HOU, I always felt that Josh was way closer to James and others, as compared to Howard.