1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

1. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Smoove will be another mid to late season addition when Anderson gets injured.

2. DeathStar

DeathStar Member

Smoove will be another mid to late season addition when Anderson gets injured.

Pen15clubber likes this.
  3. Codman

Codman Contributing Member

I had to reply to this as I am acquainted with JSmoov (both the white and black version! ;) )

Anyway, Josh likes Houston. He did what he was asked. If you watched closely, he had a slight injury, and when he was told that his minutes would be next to minimal, the rehab didn't go as well.

Moreover, Josh and Dwight are no longer as close, which was also evident this last season. Josh knew D12 wasn't in his right mind and called him out on it during games and afterwards. This caused a major rift in the locker room.

Bigger issue....according to J, he wants to be back but the powers that be are saying no thank you at the moment. Personally, this team needs some vet leadership. J is still young and has much of a stronger skill set than our youngins' WHEN he's healthy.

Just and FYI.

mdoggnic, burnshroom, Deuce and 2 others like this.
  4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Josh taking one for the team.

Luv ya man!

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I will not tolerate Josh Smith slander. He saved my soul.

hakeem94 and Zubby like this.
  6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Josh can pass and he seems durable. Ryan/Dmo seems like such injury prone players I'm scared. Smith is a nice insurance plan especially if he's motivated

7. mrm32

mrm32 Member

I think Josh could really flourish in this offense. I really hope they're able to bring him back.

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

9. Mr. Motiejunas

I hope Josh Smith doesn't retire a Rocket.

10. YOLO

YOLO Member

what is it with the thought process that JS can all of a sudden flourish in said offense. He's no longer a significant basketball player and its been that way since he went to the Clips and stayed that way when he came back here. A system isn't going to magically fix that.

11. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

did you know that Josh Smith and Dwert Howard were high school AAU teammates? true story.

CCity Zero likes this.
  12. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow, AAU teammates, in some wedding, and no FT ability, hahah!!! This should just become a permanent meme for AAU ball :)

13. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He's a good defender. If he could just get his shot back somehow, he could be a 3&D PF. There's value in that. His shot sucking is the reason he sucked last year. Just one year before, he was great. One bad year and he's done forever? Also, he's so cheap. I trust him more than the remnants of DMo. He's better than Harrell

14. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

He is not better than Harrell. Stop lying to yourself.

15. oakdogg

Harrell is an energy guy compared to Faried; yet Faried's biggest strength is Harrell's biggest weakness - rebounding. Just because he was a draft pick of your favorite team does not mean he has a place in the NBA

16. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

I rather remember him for the helping us come back against the hated clippers.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Okay....and that's why he's the #3 PF on the Rockets. I don't see what that has to do with Smith though, he's someone who isn't good enough to even be a #3 PF. There was a time when his explosive athleticism made up for all of the really bad parts about his game but that isn't the case anymore and that's why no one has even offered him a contract for the minimum.

18. oakdogg

They play the same position-how can anyone not see what they have to do with each other? Go bring up T Jones for no reason

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, Harrell plays the position that Smith used to play.....he's not in the league anymore so he doesn't play any position.

20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

3 problems with Josh Smith
    1) He is a ball stopper and would not mesh with MDA's flowing offense. See Beasley.
    2) He is a poor shooter.
    3) Smith has some good defensive instincts, but his reaction time to make defensive plays has really regressed. He doesn't chase rebounds.

Smith made sense on the McHale/Howard team, but not on this new MDA/Harden team.