1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.J. Redick Anyone?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Someguy1229, Jan 26, 2013.

1. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

I like the idea of bringing him in to replace delfino

2. charles_zed

charles_zed Member

If we could get JJ Redick we could roll with some ridiculous units.

Harden/ Redick/ Delfino/ Parsons/ Patterson

That small-ball line-up could run a two man pick and pop, pick and roll, high-screen action and whenever the defense collapses it would rain threes.

3. hocash

hocash Contributing Member

I like Redick a lot. Here would be an awesome small ball run and gun starting lineup.
    Lin, harden, Redick, Royce White, and Asik. White, if he pans out, is one of the best passing college forwards I've seen.

Chandler would be great coming off the bench with our bigger lineup since he excels at spot up threes but is limited on defense and finishing at the rim.

4. munco

munco Member

I really dislike Dookies, but I think he would be a very good fit and contributor for the Rockets

5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Contributing Member

J.J is the exact same type of player I used to be in highschool when I was playing for my schools team on varsity years ago. I wonder if my 3 point made/attempt record is still there. Man, highschool was fun.

I also followed him throughout his Duke years, and I started watching college ball because of him. It'd be awesome if we could somehow get J.J on the Rockets. I really think he'd fit in perfectly.

Mr. D

6. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

demands far too much money for a backup sg

7. Alvin Choo

Alvin Choo Member

Exactly what I'm thinking.
    Whats Redick's contract anyway?

8. Skyhoop

Skyhoop Member

Redick is $6M expiring for this season and then unrestricted free agent in this summer that any team can steal away, eligible for a max starting around $13.5M per year in his next contract this summer.

I think Carlos Delfino is $3M this year, and $3M team option for next year.

9. Raven

Raven Member

Seventh season? Time sure flies.

10. howo13579

howo13579 Member

nothing he does Parsons cant do except JJ has better jumpers. but parson's taller.

11. CCorn

CCorn Member

Da fuq?

Chandler all the way!

12. cheke64

cheke64 Member

a less athletic luther head

13. teebone21

teebone21 Member

The play different positions son

14. eman

eman Contributing Member

I'd take him if the opportunity is there. He's steadily improved over the years, and is a freaking 3-pt weapon. Since McHale's so in love with small-ball, and JJ's automatic from the FT line, we could trot this out: Douglas, JJ, Har, Par, and... Moti! Make it rain, bebe!

15. Mariachi ROCKET

16. howo13579

howo13579 Member

i know. im just saying rockets don't need another 3 pnter when we've already got too many of them. Even though Parsons is SF, he can shoot, even dribble and facilitate.

17. IronicMan

IronicMan Member

I guess there's people out there who wants to devote half of the available cap space to him. :eek:

18. lookabove

lookabove Contributing Member

I actually rather have Mike Dunleavy and move Parson PF. This is bigger, better rebounding and defensive 3pt shooting lineup. Dunleavy making 3.5 mil this year and Defino can retain for 3 mil vs Reddick 6 mil salary.

Harden, Defino, Dunleavy, Parson and Asik or Smith.

19. vince

vince Member

For the Right price, J.J. Redick would be a good fit. But I think it may take quite a few million dollars. Because team fall in love with 3 point shooters that can play an all around game.

Rockets aren't in a necessity to get J.J. Redick. As of now it seems we have Delfino with a team option for next year at 3 million dollars. If y'all want 3 point shots, Delfino takes 6.2 per game, and takes 3 shots inside the arch.

FYI, Delfino is thriving in this offense. For the season he is averaging career highs for 2 pts and 3pts. shooting percentage. I'd venture to say, he is having himself a stellar year - he is playing in the system tailor made for his style of play.

In Summary, J.J. Redick would be a good fit. But, he is redundant on this team. Who sits down for him? Parson, Delfino, and Harden, all play his position quite well for the Rockets. The Rockets need improved play from the Power Forward position.

20. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The idea would be to play him instead of Lin and utilize Harden as the primary ball handler and facilitator. None of the players you mentioned would be at risk of losing minutes to Reddick.