1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

J.A. Adande thinks the Rockets had the worst offseason.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by k-money, Dec 19, 2011.

1. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Based on the offseason alone, the lakers did worse. They lost Phil Jackson, and traded Odom for a trade exception.

I'll give some credit to the Blazers for signing him, but they're just unlucky when it comes to injuries.

2. Htown's2kFinest

Roy and Oden were wildcards anyway. Aldridge will be back with them in a little while. They got Felton for Miller and they signed Jamal Crawford who will help their backcourt out with added scoring that they will miss from Roy. I know they didn't have a good offseason too but their team is still better off then ours.

3. Dreamin

Dreamin Member

Our best aquisitions have been Lin, Taylor and Smith. :(:( :(

4. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Adande is really a terrible analyst. He's just a Lakers homer. Never breaks any news and doesn't understand the salary cap. His articles tend to be things like, "Wouldn't it be awesome if the Lakers got Chris Paul AND Dwight Howard?"

1 person likes this.
  5. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I think you're giving him too much credit.

6. roslolian

roslolian Member

Wow what lazy reporting. Saying we had the worst offseason is just plain hyperbole is honestly not even true, and really JA is going the "hey Houston has no C, they must be the worst" generalization that Charles Barkley had last season. This offseason wasn't a slam dunk, but its certainly not anything to cry over.

1. The Rockets are one of the youngest teams in the league, even with no moves made each off season is a good one, simply because our young guns develop with time, in contrast to say old teams like the Lakers, Boston or Spurs, which just get progressively worse. As we have seen from T-will and Jordan Hill, the offseason has certainly been a very good one.

2. We get T-will for free if we suck next year. For the Pro-tank crowd, coming into the season with a gaping hole in the center position is a welcome sight.

3. The STERNED deal was a bit of a disappointment, but I don't consider it a loss since DM withstood the temptation and backed out of the second deal, the one where we give up 5 of our top 6 players for Pau freakin' Gasol. It could be better, but it also could have been much, much worse.

4. We didn't resign someone who has a heart condition (bit of a low blow but true nonetheless). Seriously, I've had it with injured people signed to multi-year contracts

5. Greg Smith. Totally under the radar, but I think he's special, esp. if he puts in the work. Did I mention he's only 20 years old, and was able to hold off Dejuan Blair?

So yeah, our offseason could be better, but its certainly not the worst. Teams with worse offseasons:

1) NO-got three unhappy dudes for CP3
    2) Cleveland-just found out they wasted the 4rth pick on Tristan Thompson (LOL)
    3) Orlando-Cleveland 2010, the sequel. Hope DH makes his own DECISION.
    4) Lakers-traded Odom for nothing, Pau is pissed and Kobe is going through marital issues. Plus no CP3, and possibly no DH as well.

Of course the team with the absolutely worst offseason is Boston:
    -big 3 just became 1 year older
    -Rondo is pouting and pissed about the trade rumors
    -traded Perkins who looks like he's gonna break out this year
    -Signed Jeff Green to an 8M a year contract, right before he sat out the season to recover. Ouch.

7. Htown's2kFinest

Taylor isn't on the team, he fail his test. But it's funny how everyone is raving over Smith's THREE minutes cause he's a big dude with some athleticism. Even funnier that Dary Murray is stock piling d-lg centers now when he passed on Jeremy Tyler, a bigger and maybe more athletic dude than Smith. Kinda reminiscence of when he picked Joey Dorsey instead of DeAndre Jordon.

8. logggur

logggur Member

From the standpoint of grading ONLY the offseason moves any team made, the Blazers, Lakers, and Warriors all had it pretty rough.

I loved the Rockets' draft day moves and aside from that, the team avoided (potentially) overpaying Chuck Hayes. Yes, getting that Pau trade voided was terrible, but in a vacuum it didn't change the roster at all.

Also, does losing Yao count since he was a FA at the end of last season anyway?

9. intergalactic

intergalactic Contributing Member

Haha. Signed.

10. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

if the draft counts as part of the offseason, then Adande is probably wrong. Parsons, Morris, and Dontas will probably turn out to be decent players. But otherwise, he's right. Losing Yao, Chuck, and Adelman is going to hurt this team. We didn't sign anyone of significance, so it's really just about developing the guys we've got. I think it's a fair statement to say that Houston had one of the worst offseasons. But given the fact that i want us to go through a rebuilding period, I'm not losing sleep over the fact that we will likely be in the lotto next year.

#30 Aruba77, Dec 19, 2011
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Who's Adande again? Guy from the Hangout Blog?

12. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The Lakers' terrible bench killed them last year, and they ended up losing the only two players worth a damn on it for nothing this offseason. They also lost, quite possibly, the greatest head coach of all time.

Like I said earlier, the Rockets haven't really had a good offseason, but I think it's pretty obvious the Lakers had a worse one.

1 person likes this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

If you ask me, our offseason wasn't bad enough.

14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Totally forgot about the Zen master and Odom. Yup, the Lakers had a worse offseason.

15. rockets934life

rockets934life Contributing Member

Interesting, during their NBA preview show Stein, Bucher and Broussard all agreed that the Rockets had the worst offseason and Adande said the Lakers did. Looks like his pals convinced him about the Rockets.

We all love our Rockets but this has been a crappy offseason. We were sooooo close to having one of the better, if not best, front courts in the game to HOPING JHill has hit the "on" switch.

1 person likes this.
  16. J.R.

J.R. Member

****ty offseason was ****ty. Oh well.

17. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

the sooner we all accept the mediocrity that is the houston rockets, the better you will be.. no expectations.. the short season should ease your pain..

18. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

He would and totally ignore the complete collapse coming to the Lakers based off this one offseason. While the Rockets remained largely the same.

19. thetatomatis

thetatomatis Member

Its Ok because I will be there to remind him once the Lakers start to show the signs of this failed trade and the Rockets remain nearly the same. Over and over.

20. AB83Rules

AB83Rules Member

I'm sure Adande thinks we should of went all out to get Pau Gasol.