1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've officially given up on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Get rid of the 3-point line and I'll bet scoring (not to mention excitement) will go up around the league.

2. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I say get rid of Zone defense first, I hate zone!!!!!!!

3. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

That guy sure has a small penis...

4. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

A-Train,

I feel the pain and find it very difficult not to agree. That said, I look back at the events of the game and what happened, then I look at the box.

The Rockets in some ways did everything they could within the talents of the individuals including playing JVG's game plan and style. In other words, it was a perfectly executed flawed plan from the beginning, one destined only to fail. Why?

It's an east plan designed to not be able to take advantage of the center position, one based in forcing players to change their game so much that they are not playing naturally and thinking to much about failing. They don't have the free stroking heart of a winner. They are robots that are bady designed for the job and now poorly programmed.

I'm not giving up because I think that professional sports no longer waits for jar heads like JVG to win when it is obvious he has destroyed the basic talent and ability of the team and more importantly their desire and capability to finish. They play scared at the end of games. That's not norma, that's bad coaching.

5. Remix

Remix Member

Who ever wants to give up on the rockets is r****ded. End of point.

To those who have already given up the rockets, you should of never called your self a rockets fan ever.

6. Yetti

Yetti Contributing Member

I'm not frustrated with the Rockets because I dont and never have expected anything too great from this Roster. They are unharmoneous team-individals, no I can't realy call them Team-mates because I have never senced their compatibility and singularity of purpose. They just dont play like a Team that is A Well Oiled Machine.

7. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Deuce,
    Does executing in Q4 versus the Lakers count? My recollection was the Clipps started a late push too but were repelled...could be wrong. Somewhere in the memory banks, I recall a late Mo T shot...? Anyway....

The SEA game was the first one that was frustrating for me. A very winnable home game. And I share some of the frustrations listed in this thread...but not enough to make me give up watching nor give up hope for improvement. :)

8. RocketFan007

RocketFan007 Contributing Member

You're wrong. Although I've given up all hope of this team being successful, I will still follow them and I will still love them, win or lose. There's a time when you need to remove the rose-colored glasses and look at the real picture, and realize that this is not a good basketball team. Saying that doesn't make me any less a fan, a true fan doesn't have to always believe that they're team is the best. They're the ones that stay with the team through the bad times, not believe that they are better than they actually are.

9. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Dude take that attitude and shove it up you know where.

Giving up on these Rockets doesn't mean you stop loving them dumb ass.

10. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

I beg to differ with the "full concentration" postion of this statement. These guys are far off from having full concentration at key points in the game. They commit stupid fouls, miss key free throws and make bad passes far too often. If anything they show a strong lack of concentration.

11. RocketsPimp

RocketsPimp Contributing Member

They were playing without Malone and still had 3 superstar HOF's on the court. The Laker win was legit. You can't take that away from the Rockets.

I do agree with the rest of your post though. I've been saying all season that we've been piling on(just like the rest of the league) against the East.

Francis has showed signs of becoming a better all around team player over the past couple of games and Mobley has made better shooting decisions(wish I could say the same about his fouling decisions :mad:), but as a whole we have improved very little since the beginning of the season. This team still has some soul searching to do. They show no focus and little heart when it counts.

I have not and will not give up on them, but I am highly disappointed with their total performance.

12. ArtV

ArtV Contributing Member

What still puzzles me is how we can play so well in the first quarter, but we change our play as the game goes on. The Laker game was one of the few games where this didn't happen.

13. VesceySux

VesceySux Contributing Member

*Tears A-Train away from GARM and drops him in D&D shark tank...

"The dark fire will not avail you, Flame of Udun! Go back to the Shadow!"

14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Agree with everything you said 100%. I'm just numb to the Rockets right now, its depressing. Since Yao had his 20/20 game against Detroit he's played worse than he did in his rookie year. Steve...is Steve, even if he's improved 'a little bit', he's still pretty much the same ol' Steve.

15. AirNigeria

AirNigeria Contributing Member

Come on guys:) ...you all are frustrated...It's the holidays and you're taking it all out on the Rockets:confused: Try not to be so fickle, we have had championships, and some teams have never had a Championship for 30 years(Suns) or been to the Finals. Consider yourself lucky to have the Rockets rather than the Blazers(legal woes), Clippers(selfish owner), or any other franchise that is a disgrace to basketball and all professional sports...Optimism:D Houston Rockets Champs 20XX? or at least again in my lifetime:rolleyes:

16. darkwarrior

darkwarrior Member

don't forget to close the door after you, atrain

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Rockets would be good if they had just ONE star, rather than this collection of 15-18 ppg scorers. This team doesn't have what it takes to be successful.

The Rockets are really getting boring to follow now. Every year it's the same thing. Always the same hope during the offseason, and always the same disappointment during the season.

Just like last year, a big Laker win presented the Rockets with a chance to get to the next level, and they have completely blown it. What a pathetic group they are.

18. Thanos

Thanos Member

ZRB just put it perfectly. My girlfriend was just saying that a couple of days ago. Every year I say that this time around it will be different. And every year the expectation only leads to failure. This team is going nowhere. Even if they somehow manage to make the playoffs we are looking at a first round sweep for sure.

Blow it up while there is still value to be had out there for these guys.

19. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Don't worry: U will C that A will B back before D end of this day. Let me explain Y. G, I too sometimes feel frustrated as L over the Rockets' play, but N the long run we all R loyal to the Rockets. O K?

20. TheRaven

TheRaven Contributing Member

I think CD is somewhat to blame... but not completely. It still all happens between the lines and the players are determnined they're going to do it their way.
    Earmarks of the 2003-2004 Team
    1.Individual performance
    2.Lack of cohesiveness
    3. Ignorance of coaching philosophies and fundamentals
    and as always (drum roll, please)
    4.EXCUSES