1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've officially given up on the Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by A-Train, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Germans?
    Forget it, he's rolling.

I thought we were turning the corner after the road trip. I thought we'd come home and blow out the sonics.

2. pasox2

pasox2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Welcome to the dark side. We have been waiting for you. Your ship, the Death Star, awaits.

We have a little surprise planned for the residents of team Rocket...

[​IMG]

3. egn

egn Member

Any way you look at it, they are still losses.

And unlike many here I am not fooled by the Rockets beating a Malone "less" Lakers team that shot 37% from the field.

4. A-Train

A-Train Contributing Member

Vescey and thumbs, the sooner you accept the fact that the Rockets are a complete and utter failure, the better. I've actually reached a sort of zen-like inner peace after finally admitting it...

5. Faos

Faos Contributing Member

I've never been on the trade bandwagon but here are some facts:

We ain't losing now because of Rudy.
    We ain't losing because of the pajama uniforms.
    We ain't losing because of our crappy old arena(Compaq).

The finger points directly at the team...the players.

Something has to be done.

6. mingboki

mingboki Member

LOL a-train. Thanks for the laugh. I was thinking the same thing. Ive been in denial. Time to WAKE UP and realize as long as CD is in charge we are seriously screwed.

7. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

In another life I might have been a Cubs fan. Now that's long suffering!:D Come out of your zen-pen, A-Train. We may have a mule-train right now, but I'm sure they will get on the fast track of that night-train. Maybe next year -- and that's less than a week away! -- we'll train better or my name's not Lionel Twain!;)

8. sun12

sun12 Member

LOL. I have to laught at your guys. What's the big deal? guys were so happy when the Rox beat the Lakers, and that's only a couple of days ago. Now it is like this?

Calm down! in the end, Rox will get into playoff.

9. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I think based on Yao's performance this year, he is definitely expendable by end of his Rookie contract. Actually Rox can get some decent player by trading him. Well, unless Les worried about the chinese market, that is another story.

He is definitely playing like Shawn BradleyII right now, only with better shooting touch but worse shot block ability (Check out Shawn Bradley's stats in his early career, you will be suprised, average at least 3 blocks per game every season).

Soft, can't ban, can't bump, can't go inside, can't control rebounds, only jump shots and don't know how to use his elbow, yikes, he is even worse than Bradley on that point!!!

10. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

I was gonna reply using Thanos's post as a quote but I'll just say "ditto" for that.

I won't quit on the Rockets but I am frustrated and this current team is a piece of crap.

We get a propaganda piece in Monday's Chronicle about Steve's diligence in the video room and blah blah blah. Then he goes out in the fourth quarter of the next game and throws the ball away three or four times. And he still dribbles all day.

I realize the refs have little respect for Yao and I know he's geting mauled out there, maybe even getting kidney-chopped when he reaches for a rebound, but hell, I wish he would just elbow an opponent in the face. Give him the suspension, I'd deal with a suspension, knowing he had some 'tude. More 5th Ward, less Chinese gentility, Yao.

I would imagine that management knows full well of the team's problems but I fear we will have to suffer through this season before they really blow the team up. "Tweaking" won't do. Steve is a no-D, all-O, no-championship Eastern-Conference type of player. I realize he's trying. But he is too much a mental midget to lead this team. By the time he gets smart, he'll be 30 and will have no trade value at all.

11. A-Train

That Lakers victory was just a fascade. They were playing without Malone and missed a lot of open shots. The only time the Rockets have played consistently was at the beginning of the season when they were beating up on the bottom feeders...The Rockets haven't improved in one single aspect since the season started...

12. A-Train

oops! That should be "facade"

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Before I used to look forward to home games. I have season tickets and loved going to the games. This year I have half season. I was relieved yesterday morning when I realized Sonics were not part of my half-season package. I live in Clear Lake and driving 25-30 miles each way to watch a boring Rockets game is just not worth it.

I dont even get that depressed over a Rockets loss anymore. The Rockets are like a sick grandfather in coma. Very depressing in the beginning, but you get used to it after a while.

I also got freakin mad when someone said the Rockets suck. However, this time when my cousin from LA called before the Lakers game to say the Rockets suck I actually found myself agreeing with him.

Me and my friends don't even like discussing the Rockets (previously our favorite subject) because its just toooooo freakin depressing.

I never got excited after the Lakers win like some other people on here. The Rockets have been doing this kind of crap for the last four years. They will have one awesome game on the road that will make people think the season is going to be turned around, but they start playing crappy again.

I love Yao, I love Francis and Cuttino is my favorite player. But this team is just not cutting it. If we get better by trading one of them then freakin do it now!

I still cant help watching the Rockets game though. They are like a bad accident on the freeway. You cant help but to slow down to take a glimpse.

All in all, yeah the Rockets do freakin SUCK! :mad: :(

14. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

Posters are talking about JJ as point? How is this possible. JJ can drive, but he can't finish. Who wants a point who can get the the hoop but bricks the layup?

15. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

How about a point that will distribute the basketball and get the team in their offensive set? I think that is more important. Let the people JJ PASSES to be the ones driving to the hoop for the layups within our offensive set.

16. thumbs

thumbs Contributing Member

Teams league-wide are "sucking" as far as being exciting. Even the Spurs (and I am in San Antonio so I see them a lot on TV) are boring. Their only redeeming grace is that they win.

Until the NBA goes back to the style of the 80s when basketball was exciting, the sport will lose market share to all other sports except baseball, which is now even more boring.

The luxury tax did more to hurt basketball than anything else, although it did prevent small market teams from moving or dying outright. So, get busy living with the Rockets or dying with the Rockets...if they truly are your team.

17. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

The NBA's newest darlings, the Denver Nuggets never lead until 12 seconds left in the game. Had Cuttino not fouled Voshon Lenard or Lenard missed any of the 3 FTs...

After a timeout, down 3 with 10.7 seconds remaining, Steve Francis inbounds the ball over the head of Yao Ming...

Had either of these events turned out differently, the Rockets could be 17-13 which projects to 46.5 wins. (49 wins had both events occurred differently). Waaaaaaaaayyyy to early to give up for me. :)

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Has there been one game this season where it was close and we executed down the stretch to win a game? Or better yet, where we were down and came back to WIN late in a game as the Sonics and Nuggets did to us?

That is the frustrating part!

19. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

Ass-beated-down-Train,

Give in to the Hangout Side of the BBS!

20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Hey, WTF! :( That's an image of Vader in the classic Michelangelo painting or whatever. Nevermind.