1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've had enough, MDA needs to stop playing stars in blowouts!!!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Starvela, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

He did this bs all of last year and this season thus far, and its insanely idiotic!! I'm shocked that DM doesn't address this with MDA...I really hate this, it's stupid and could be extremely costly!! Seriously gang, what the hell is MDA thinking??

kjayp and BHannes2BHonest like this.
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Hang in there with us guys. Just got tired, dead legs. We'll be alright, hang in there guys.

3. smp

smp Member

I agree. Nothing to gain and a lot to lose in those situations. It basically seems like he's punishing them for playing so poorly.

carib, napalm06, kjayp and 3 others like this.
  4. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Rockets don’t have “stars”. They have Harden. CP3 is no better than DJ Augustin right now.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is clearly the biggest problem facing the Rockets at the moment :rolleyes:

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

OP is being pretty liberal with the word "star." From my seats, we might only have one star now.

7. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Gonna be a lot of games where Harden doesn’t play much if that’s the case. This team is cooked.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

When will Harden bolt for the Lakers??

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. bj3175

bj3175 Member

These guys need to play more and by that I mean that when they dont play 2 or 3 days they are just not with it. They are not playing aggressive and by consequence careless lazy and soft. Sometimes you just got to play more to build the team up. OKC was more aggressive and they one simple as that. The team has to get some DAWG in it, this alone might be a reason they need Jimmy Butler which makes Gordon expendable

BigShasta likes this.
  10. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

We need to rebound and stop switching to get punished on the post

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

You think our main problem is defense, right now?

snowconeman22 and HP3 like this.
  12. BHannes2BHonest

BHannes2BHonest 2 SOLID FOR WEIRD AZZES

Season so far, Rebounding and layup drills. The game tonight was shortened by getting killed on the glass

Tonights biggest problem was terrible offense

Little Bit likes this.
  13. Starvela

Starvela Contributing Member

Well CP3 is on a max contract, so he gets star status, just for that, lol!!! God, I love CP3, but it is or eventually going to be the worst contract in the NBA...But I'm sure everyone saw this coming, started slipping a little last year and that's not going to stop..Sucks, just like we never got to experience the Orlando T-Mac, we are never going to experience the Clippers CP3 :(

Stormy1234 likes this.
  14. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

[​IMG]

15. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

dang bro... how big are you and how many seats do you take up? lol ;)

'starters' would be a better term... or 'rotation players'...

16. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

Probably Harden and Paul make it clear they want to play. And if they want to sit out, they will sit out.

Jontro likes this.
  17. BackdoorHarden

"we just got to figure this out and get me the ball"= MELO

18. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Lol. Morey has a pretty good record of flipping a bad team into a good one. (The problem is that he doesn't tend to keep a core together long.) There will be better days ahead with Harden. The problem is we might have to mulligan another season for further tinkering. This has been one of Morey's most disappointing offseasons in my opinion. Even including 2015, we haven't started a season under Morey with such an obvious positional deficiency (PF & C).

Jontro likes this.
  19. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

We don’t have a “main problem”. Everything is a problem right now. The Rockets have only played 2 or 3 decent games this season. The rest have been pathetic.

kjayp likes this.
  20. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Part of the problem last night was EG was OUT and MCW was OUT for sickness (and Knight is in limbo). There WAS NO ONE available.

They did end the game with Gerald Green at PG in the last 40 seconds. But they were not going to go Gerald Green at PG for the last 8 minutes of the game.

I get your point at the macro level. But the roster is unbalanced right now.