1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to LOVE Clint Capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatBoyNick, Dec 1, 2015.

1. roxallways

roxallways Member
    Supporting Member

Gordon and Anderson passing up the shot to get it to Ariza....

2. H-Town Rockets Guy

Capella has not played like he was before the injury. He was much better defensively before the injury. Now, he is getting pushed around and his rebounding is been horrible

3. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

Clint played well tonight . He's not all the way back yet . I'm comfortable with Clint . Clint was a key part of the reason why we got out to a great start tonight .

4. basketballholic

Good gravy man. He was horrible.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

You can see the difference in defense, rebounding and rim protection with Capela on the court vs not. It was night and day tonight against the Pacers. When Capela is in, the opposing team is getting stuffed at the rim, missing the shot badly, or turning it over when Capela is there to contest, he also got some good contested rebounds, boxed out well so others could get the board. When he's out is a hardcore layup drill, with a **** TON of second chance points for the opposing team. Nene did alright on the boars tonight, but still gave up too many layups. Only bad thing about Capela tonight were those stupid turnovers, that's two games in a row where he made horrible passes.

Anderson at center with Ariza at the 4 is a disaster on defense, Nene/Harrell/Anderson at center should be a non option if this team wants to win.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  6. basketballholic

LOL. Here's another one.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

LOL why don't you post and back up your opinion instead of LOL'ing like a loser.

8. Rocketeer4Life

Clint has been making these crazy unforced turnover passes in the past few games. It's like him non-chalantly just passing the ball directly to the opponent, even on inbound passes. This has been so annoying and amateur for someone promising like him.

9. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

I'm pissed at Mike . I know he took him out for making those two boneheaded plays ... But Clint was playing great at the time . Mike put in Harrell and that's when Indy came back and we were never able to get a big lead again.

FANfrom86toNow likes this.
  10. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

You misunderstood my statement, while I'm in agreement with your support of Clint. My point was that you can't expect all of that out of a big man in his first or even second season of fully starting, unless he is a bonafide superstar. Most big men take time to grow more so than other positions. But I think you already agree with me on this. :)

Mathloom likes this.
  11. FANfrom86toNow

FANfrom86toNow Contributing Member

A lot of people think Clint is weak and a bad rebounder/defender....but that's not actually true imho. If he played 32 mpg right now, he would average a double/double and that's more than most centers in the league at the moment. Does he miss assignments, make mistakes and bonehead plays sometimes? Absolutely! But when it comes to getting a block or tough rebound, he is the best we have on the team. I just think MDA doesn't trust him enough to let him play through his mistakes, or he would already be better if he played 32 mpg this entire season so far.

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Clint just needs to get stronger and remove the awkwardness from his game (which will be tough). But I like the fact that he plays his role and I can accept the mistakes he makes because he's giving 100%.

13. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Best thing: the Hack a Capela is a thing of the past. No awful free throw shooters to help teams get back in games. Im sure someone will try again, at some point. However, Clint stoke looks good.

14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

like dmo, he's doing good in his first year getting big minutes. i dont expect him to be perfect.

J Sizzle likes this.
  15. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

Bbhollic is an arrogant prick

ElDobleK and DonKnock like this.
  16. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

Clint was awesome last night.

DonKnock likes this.
  17. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Very impressed with Clint's FT improvement!

Clint was better last night against the Clippers because he was more aggressive in hunting down rebounds and out quicking people. This really is the type of effort he has to give on a nightly basis.

arno_ed and Killatron 2000 like this.