1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    GAME 7 ORLANDO vs CLEVELAND. Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

I've grown to HATE COREY BREWER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. BAHAMIANFAN

BAHAMIANFAN Contributing Member

Only thing he brings to do the table is his hustle. But that's all he has now.

2. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

He's having a decent season so far. If you look for the bad, you'll find it. As a matter of fact all the Brewer sucks threads had fallen off the front page until he had a bad game.

3. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

So we can be the Houston Pelicans? No thanks.

DonKnock likes this.
  4. vick

vick Member

Brewer has to have pictures of someone doing something bad. There is no basketball reason to keep Brewer in the rotation in games.

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

He runs fast and is in passing lanes, that is it....him out of the rotation is the classic addition by subtraction - he is the player that METRICS are supposed to suss out, the guy that can make one spectacular play and coaches go..."Yes that is the guy I need" to where Metrics can go..."Yes, but there were 10 other bad plays before that".....and it sorts them out.

DD

6. Brown Lost It

Brown Lost It Member

A healthy Holiday would be a great improvement over Beverley. He would give us someone to handle the ball when Harden sits. I think he can be gotten for cheap since he is expiring and Tim Frazier looks great to begin the season. They might do something like Beverley and KJ for him straight up. Also, they might take Anderson for him and Asik.

The question is can he play a full season? Are we committed to Harden running point guard full time? Are we willing to risk a chance of making the playoffs if things don't work out?

7. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

You can't be serious.

8. abaker28

abaker28 Member

That's not true in both of your statements. The game threads are full of Brewer hatred and disbelief. I think the Brewer sucks threads falling off the 1st page is largely due to people having already had their say and just can't believe he's still getting minutes over others like KJ and Dekker who have showed promise. (So people have essentially given up)
    He was somewhat given a pass at the beginning of the season hoping MDA's offence would suit his game, especially after the entire teams shambles of last season.
    This so far hasn't proven to be the case. So gather your pitchforks and lets continue to go after Brewer!

hakeem94 likes this.
  9. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I wish there was a dislike button, lol. No offense man but, you dont have to search hard to see that Brewer is bad, you just have to watch him play basketball.

10. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Good game by Brewer tonight. Got a lot done in 14 minutes.

11. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

LOL.....

12. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

AT the MOMENT I cant join the pitchforkers. Brewer is shooting 50% for the year, and at a rightful 15 minutes/gm not 25+. Believe it or not Brewer isn't more turnover prone than average. Its when he DOES make a bad play it looks REALLY BAD. Really, just my perspective, Brewer isn't doing any worse than KJ or Dekker overall.

Brewer is certainly expendable though. He's blocking development of younger options even in his more limited minutes. And its ALWAYS about the MONEY - his pay rate could be applied toward a better player. Hopefully Brewer keeps up appearances of decent play to be added into a deal.

13. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

You can't tell them anything. But wait until he has another bad game.
    The problem is last season was terrible team wise. The
    fans needed a scapegoat. In steps Corey Brewer with a subpar season. Perfect candidate.
    As I said before, if you look hard enough you will find what you're looking for.

14. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Contributing Member

I'm certainly no Negative Nancy, but Brewer deserved some criticism. Last year he was DREADFUL to start the year (then quietly was back to his normal play 2nd half but damage had been done by then). Then Brewer had a TERRIBLE preseason this year to validate the criticism.

But Brewer was never meant to be some savior in the first place. And he EARNED his money by hustling the team into EPIC comeback to the CONFERENCE finals. That's why I don't get the wrath.
    Right. (Like I said) #1 thing fans notice is the MONEY the player makes. In all my years watching sports there is DIRECT correlation of high player salary with anger/rage/resentment thrown at them.

After Brewer and Beverley got paid, IMMEDIATELY the criticism and hate rose. If Beverley was making the same league minimum he started with he'd get less scorn, I KNOW it lol. (Fans actually want just as much "flexibility" with team money as Morey does).