1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to HATE COREY BREWER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. hoopball

hoopball Member

If JB does not sit this clown's ass, and not give Ty more playing time, people will start to call for his head too. i guarantee.

2. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Just looking at the Rockets player shooting effective field goal percentage stats and it's glaring. Brewer, Lawson, Ariza, Thornton, are destroying the Rockets. I actually thought Thornton was doing good, he hasnt been awful but he has been pretty bad. Jones, Terry, Capela, Harden, Howard can at least put the ball in the bucket at a decent clip. Capela, Howard, Jones are actually reliable. Harden has been streaky so he can't fully make up for the bad guys. Those 4 have to start shooting better or just go it's getting ridiculous, they're basically a waste of 31 million dollars.

3. Dopamine

Dopamine Member

I know right??? I mean 1 game sample sizes so darn accurate and totally work when describing a player's overall shooting %. Corey Brewer was 100% from the field today folks, shooting a gaudy 1-1! Holy crap, he makes Steph Curry look like a scrub.

Yep pffft!! who care's if he's shooting 29% from the field and 20% from 3 for the season, and was a -14 for the game since every Sixer with a basketball either scored on him or was fouled by him, it don't even matter because the dude couldn't miss tonight!!

4. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I cant even name every single player on the Sixers. So... probably one of them!

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Corey has been ass this season. It is frustrating watching him hurt the team by going on his patented 1 on 3s, falling asleep defensively and letting his man have wide open shots at the basket, gambling and making an already vulnerable defense go out of place, fouling stupidly and overall playing without even trying to think about what he is doing out there.

If you don't see the difference from last year, you are just blind. He was part of what was going to make our bench really good, instead he is hurting us tremendously. What makes me sad is that the coaches don't even appear to want to acknowledge how bad he is hurting us and continue to play him during critical parts of the game. I thought that Memphis game he was finally going to be benched for good after seeing KJ give us some good minutes defensively, but **** that's not going to be the case.

6. dcfma

dcfma Contributing Member

Brewer

It feels like Brewer literally doesn't think sometimes on the court.

After this game, he better start to receive fewer minutes or I will begin
    to question JBs abilities as a coach.

7. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Then stay away from his IG :p

8. Rox11

Rox11 Member

I think Les is in half a coma at the moment from the Mchale contract he ate up, if he does not play a player getting 8 mill he will be in the fetal position. Similar to the Lin situation.

9. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Common man your a vet..... you don't see that Morey is coaching this team?

10. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Swap contracts.

11. malakas

malakas Member

Brewer had never been EVER a good shooter, a good defender or someone who even had average bball iq. He is what he is.
    However he's been playing badly even for his own standards and with THAT contract good luck getting rid of him. 8 million it's not much it's the length that hurts. And he's almost 30. What happens when his speed falls off a bit? Then he will be even less effective.

12. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

if he keeps this up, brewer to the rockets is like hawes to the clippers :mad: . i was skeptical on his contract but gave morey the benefit
    if he cant turn it around soon, thornton nd terry should get half of his minutes to see if they can get some shooting rhytm going
    having two more shooters out there who aren't going in/out of the rotation, could be a big huge boost
    just let brewer go all out with his high energy style for a long 8-10min run

13. 1Deep

1Deep Member

What's weird is Brewer had a good pre-season..everytime i looked at a box score in the pre-season he had over 20pts & and looked to be in mid season form..what the hell happened between the pre-season and now??? I cringe everytime he touches the ball now..

14. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Ariza as well..

15. hoopball

hoopball Member

brewer now = hawes last year

perfect comparison

16. Rocketfanatic2

I honestly don't know if less effective is even possible at this point. He's been that bad.

17. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I don't think KJ was prioritized over Josh Smith. The fact of the matter is that Josh Smith left more money from Houston to join the Clippers. I mean sure, it was only a million more but the fact he left Houston, a place where he regained a good reputation in the league and had several close friends in the team, says that Smith wanted to leave. I think Smith left because he knew he wasn't going to get much time on this team. Between Capela, Dmo and Jones, Smith would not get much time if everyone was healthy. Smith got a lot of time last year playing back up center when Howard was out and Capela was with the Vipers or whenever Dmo and Jones got injured.

The thing that makes me question this team is why they are so high on Jones when he has a record of being very disappointing, especially in big games. I mean, I like Jones and love his versatility but he isn't ready to be a major rotational player on a contending team. His awareness is very poor, constantly loses his man on defense, does not rebound consistently or finish around the rim even though he has the tools to do it. I believe that if Jones was traded, Smith would have gotten a larger contract from us and probably would still be on our team. We prioritized Jones over Smith.

On Brewer: When he got his contract this offseason, I was very skeptical. Morey obviously paid for continually of this team rather than the skill of the player because even though Brewer's contract wasn't horrible, it was a lot for a player that did not bring the most desired asset on the team from its role players, shooting. After the honeymoon period with Brewer, where he was hitting threes at a Klay Thompson like pace, his weakness and just dumb play became very apparent. But even last year's Brewer would be so much better than this year. He has totally stuck it up this season on both ends. His hustle plays just make things worst, it's unbelievable!

On Covington: We gave him a lot of opportunity with us. In the offseason with the summer league team, he was given heavy minutes to show himself off. Then in the preseason, with back up wing player minutes open, he was given tons of time as well. He just couldn't make a shot or stay on the court! I loved Covington and wanted him to succeed but he was really bad when given time that season. It's not the Rockets fault that he found himself playing 35+ minutes with the 76ers, he wasn't going to get anywhere close to that time with us.

18. malakas

malakas Member

Covington is still a bad defender. He just has become a better shooter, but I am always sceptical from every stat that comes out of the Philly monstrosity. His value is in his contract most of all, otherwise in most teams right now he would be 9th-10th man in the rotation.

19. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

He played good D last night

20. malakas

malakas Member

Good for him. He had a good defensive night. The rest of his carreer so far he hasn't.