1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I've grown to HATE COREY BREWER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by TheRealist137, Nov 27, 2015.

Tags:
  1. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

i think he would fit right in with the washington generals as a tremendous asset

2. beardsanity713

Yeap exactly

3. ksny15

ksny15 Member

My head is about to explode because I can't understand why we play Brewer more than KJ

I just don't get it

4. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

It was actually easy to predict before the season. Which is why it sucks that KJ/Montrezzle was more of a priority than Josh Smith in the off-season, and that Chuck Hayes was cut as a result.

5. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Chuck Hayes was cut because he has nothing left and Josh Smith was offered more money than anyone else offered him and he still decided to leave. What else would you have done?

6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Being showcased for a trade?

7. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

Corey Brewer for Josh Smith IDGAF what you need to do to make it work just MAKE IT WORK.

8. ibm

ibm Member

what has kj done to have earned minutes? someone enlighten me, please.

9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I really feel like KJ is a automatic upgrade over Brewer.

Sure KJ sucks just as much ass as Brewer on offense, but there is no way he can be worse on D. KJ is a respectable defender.

I mean KJ is Brewer with better defense, why not play him?

Both can't shoot
    Both are very quick
    Both like to run the floor
    Both get steals
    Both can finish on a fast break
    Both are good cutters to the basket
    Neither can create for them selves or others
    Both will get turn overs

KJ won't be total ass like Brewer on defense, I hope. At minimum he should be getting half of Brewers minutes just so we can see what he can do, I don't see how he could be worse.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

He's a better player than Brewer. Should be good enough.

11. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

What has Corey does to retain minutes? I think that's the perspective most have at this point.

12. ksny15

ksny15 Member

That's not the point. What has Brewer done to deserve minutes. He's a net negative almost every single game. He's bad this year very very bad

13. ibm

ibm Member

how??

lot of times it's just our perception, imo, which can be pretty inaccurate.

for example, as bad as tjones has been this season, he's the one who had made the most 3's. heard bill mentioning this on tv tonight. i bet not too many cf's knew this.

the thing is, if we're putting hopes on role players such as tjones and kj, we're probably not attacking our problems with the right priority.

14. ibm

ibm Member

then the solution should be playing terry or ariza or thornton more minutes. not kj.

no?

15. awc713

awc713 Member

Corey "I can't dribble if someone is 4ft or closer" Brewer

16. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

KJ was prioritized over Josh Smith in the offseason, so no -- I don't personally see the merit in gluing him to the bench. Look at Covington. Rotted on the bench behind Garcia, and all he needed was opportunity. You made KJ a priority this summer, so why not see what he can do? It's not like you're setting the league on fire and can't afford to.

With our defense already shoddy, I'm not in favor of giving Jet more minutes. And Trev is already playing 35+ minutes a game, so also not a fan of overloading him for the 2nd season in a row.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well, he's better at playing the game of basketball than Brewer. Think of pretty much every aspect of the game of basketball, KJ is as good or better than Brewer in every category.

18. ibm

ibm Member

i am sorry, dont wanna hijacking this thread. idk if this prioritization of kj over josh smith is true or not (i was off in europe this summer so didnt track the rockets or texans closely). if it is, then big mistake on morey's part. that's all i've gotta say about it.

back to brewer. he gambles on defense all the time, and fastbreak is the only thing he knows well on offense. it has been the case for him his entire career. and i dont see him changing now. so by his nature or style of play, he'll be up and down throughout the season, and by a lot. he's always been who he is. it's we fans who cheered him in the playoffs last yr. and now want to put him in hell. i just think it's a bit of overreaction.

limiting his minutes and helping him get out of his shooting slump (everyone needs to), yes. replacing him w/ kj? probably not.

19. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

I suspect he's friends with the coaches, this includes Mchale were he still here. It started there and has continued this is the only answer I could think of.

20. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

It's true and people called me a complainer because I thought it was a stupid mistake.