1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

iTunes song quality

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by robbie380, May 7, 2012.

1. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

So I'm late to the Apple bandwagon, and I've only been using iTunes for a bit now. I downloaded a Slipknot album and I was listening to it in my car and I noticed the bass wasn't as deep as the same song if I play it on youtube. Did I just screw something up when I downloaded these songs from iTunes? Is there some sort of setting to get the highest quality music?

For the search nazis...I did a quick google search and a quick search here and I found nothing.

2. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Normally youtube emphasizes the bass more than legit, "hi-quality" services. For some reason the HD versions of songs also seem to tone down the bass. CD's and downloaded songs put more of the quality into the treble, I think your best option is adjusting the audio settings in your car. Get some subwoofers to let the neighborhood know you ain't playin. You forreal.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/av42ORmgg9Y" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bass is much stronger on here than the actual CD.

3. ashiin

ashiin Member

You can always mess with the EQ on iTunes/iPod too!