1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Next year (and the year after) is when they'd seee SIGNIFICANT cap relief. This year, the most he could finagle - with a trade - is ~$5MM.

2. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

No they weren't. They didn't win one playoff game.

J.R. likes this.
  3. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

You are a fluke if you go 13-3, enter as the top seed, and lose to an injury depleted team.

J.R. likes this.
  4. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Your boys were one and done in the playoffs.....they were a pretend contender.

Creepy Crawl and J.R. like this.
  5. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Hard to argue there was an NFC team as good as the cowboys this year in the regular season. They played Green Bay, where Rodgers was on an ungodly run, down to the wire. They were contenders. That being said, Atlanta was a better team no doubt.

6. conquistador#11

then that case texans were contenders in 2011, fatty sat on schaubie's elizabeth franc.
    also in 2012 had they not lost cushing and the patriots had originally moved to St louis in 1994 and were now in the NFC.

You got to play the games. And if you can't move on from the divisional you're not a contender. So you win 12-13 games a regular season, that don't impress me much. Cue Twain, song.

I'd rather have it like Atlantla, struggle then find your way to the top.

7. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

There was at least 5 games they could have lost and Sean Lee, who is their best defensive player who is notoriously injury prone, was not this year.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Tony & son taking a shot at Jerrah? :D

https://insidethestar.com/did-tony-...rjochoa&utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitter

Son: OK? Deal? Pinky promise? Pinky promise?

Tony: What am I pinky promising?

That deal. OK? You're gonna do it, OK? Pinky promise!

Is it good?

Uh-huh. It's good. It's a good deal for me. It's better for me. It's not for you. It's for me.

Why would I take the deal then?

It's better for me.

#1088 J.R., Mar 17, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2017
  9. J.R.

J.R. Member

10. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

Should of drafted jimmy g instead of X. Lineman grow on trees good QBs don't. Damn smh

Yaosthirdleg and RasaqBoi like this.
  11. mick fry

mick fry Member

Jerrah needs to stop bein a dick.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Jimmy G might be Brock 2.0

RasaqBoi likes this.
  13. Yaosthirdleg

Yaosthirdleg Member

Possibly, as in a QB2 with potential that ends up faltering as the QB1, but Jimmy G has the stronger foundation to be a QB1 with a much quicker and efficient delivery along with better footwork.

raining threes likes this.
  14. J.R.

J.R. Member

Appearing on The Rich Eisen Show, Sports Illustrated's Peter King said he believes the Cowboys are "willing to wait" on Tony Romo.

It's somewhat stunning that Romo hasn't been released yet, but as King notes, there's no urgency to move him with OTAs still over four weeks away. The Broncos don't seem to be taking the bait, so for now it looks like the Cowboys are trying to goad the Texans into making a trade. King also mentioned that Romo turned down a "very good job" three weeks ago. While King didn't explicitly say what it was, he strongly hinted the offer was for a job in television. It could be a while before this situation resolves itself.

15. HillBoy

HillBoy Contributing Member

Indeed although in BTG's favor, I believe that he was being deliberately snarky. The Cows haven't done squat since the 1990s (thanks to Jerry Jones) while the Texans are a "never-was" franchise so you guys are really splitting hairs by discussing "relevancy" here. Both organizations have been stupid for years which is why the Texans now find themselves so desperate for a QB who can walk and chew gum at the same time that they are on their collective knees begging for The Cows' broken down QB castoff. You will have to excuse my total lack of enthusiasm for the current state of affairs.

raining threes likes this.
  16. mick fry

mick fry Member

17. Fullcourt

Fullcourt Contributing Member

Yaosthirdleg likes this.
  18. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

This has really become the silliest news story ever.

Surprised the Cowboys haven't come out and squashed it... it makes them look like paranoid pansies who are actually threatened in popularity by another team, let alone the lowly Texans.

I highly doubt Jerry is that paranoid about the Texans... if anything, he should be annoyed that his "city" was unable to host a successful Super Bowl last time out, and they've gone from being shoe-ins in the SB rotation to having to prove it.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://mmqb.si.com/mmqb/2017/03/20/dwight-clark-als-catch-49ers-nfl-peter-king

On Tony Romo

Nothing new. No news. No white smoke out of Jerry Jones’s chimney. But even though the Cowboys have not released him, I’m starting to wonder whether Romo might actually consider a TV career now instead of taking one last shot to win big at age 37 (and possibly 38). Adam Schefter reported recently that Fox wants to hire Romo to replace John Lynch on its number two NFL broadcast team, and Schefter said other networks are interested too. The easy thing would be to say: He can do that after his career ends. No rush. And that’s true. This is just my opinion, but what if Romo is enjoying the family life (he is married, with two children, and a third on the way), realizes he wants to continue to live in Dallas, and thinks maybe it wouldn’t be so bad on 20 weekends a year to leave home Friday morning, get home Sunday night, do something he knows he’d be good at (talking about football in an amiable and intelligent way), and be able to make $2 million a year (at the very least). He will be smart enough to know he can’t just walk into a big-time booth without some knowledge whether he’d be good right away, and I expect he’d do his homework on that, if he hasn’t already.

I still think it’s likely a released Romo will end up getting an offer from Houston, and possibly (but less likely) from Denver. And if I had to guess I’d say he’d end up signing with Houston and taking one more shot at a title. The Texans continue to be coy about their interest, but with a premier defense, they’re not going to enter 2017 with Tom Savage, Brandon Weeden and a rookie in the quarterback room—not if they have any chance to get Romo.

But I do not dismiss the TV stuff. I understand it. Romo loves talking about football. In Dallas’ training camp in 2015, he spent 30 or 40 minutes after our interview one afternoon talking to me about quarterback mechanics and the art of playing the position in language easily understandable, not all football-ese. When I think of Romo, I think of a guy who, if he chooses TV, will make a good living for a long time explaining the NFL game to people. Who knows whether that will happen, but I do think it has to be tempting for Romo when a pretty big TV offer (or more than one) comes his way—knowing that this job or one like it may not be open in 2018 or 2019.

20. Nero

Nero Member

Lol at bragging about winning the AFC South.