1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's Very Simple: Get Romo or Jimmy G

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Fullcourt, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would be fine with it if they can't get Romo on a massive pay cut, yeah. Wanting an upgrade is just fine, but you have to be responsible with it. With Watt injured all season and a garbage patchwork O line the Texans won their division in week 16 allowing for essentially a bye week in the final regular season game and they won a playoff game. I mean...that's not exactly failure, no matter what doom and gloom type fans say. If they can fix the O line then they'll be set to improve even if the QB play is as bad as it was last season. That's not exactly time to panic and sell the farm to buy lottery tickets. Worst case scenario they are a very good football team grooming a rookie to take over.

Now that said, I wouldn't mind if an upgrade was possible responsibly, it's just not time to panic like you and some others seem to be advocating. It's okay if you don't agree with me just like it was okay when next to no one agreed with me that the Texans should draft Clowney over Manziel and Bridgewater, both of which were busts. Most of the time you guys come around eventually.

2. raining threes

I'm one of those long time season ticketholders. Got mine yr 2.

This post hits the nail on the head.

3. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Nobody hear is panicking. You blather on for 600 words of bullshit and at no point is anything you say close to valid. If the team thinks as you do, it's a problem.

Recognizing that this team has a small window to win it all... IF they get a much needed upgrade at QB is a completely valid viewpoint.

Recognizing they have zero chance to win it all, with the current QB core is also valid... something you're inexplicably fine with.

That is one of the most irresponsible things this franchise, that hasn't accomplished anything notable in its existence, could do.

rezdawg and raining threes like this.
  4. raining threes

I love Jimmy G but this is not true.

He played a game and a half before getting hurt.

I would say the jury is still out on this. It's the one thing that worries me about Jimmy G.

5. raining threes

I love Jimmy G but this is not true.

He played a game and a half before getting hurt.

I would say the jury is still out on this. It's the one thing that worries me about Jimmy G.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm just not sold on your ability to discern what is valid and what is not. I get that you think you are making sense and that you have a point.....I'm just not sure that's the case. Don't worry, the "get Manziel with the first pick in the draft" crowd once thought they had a valid point too and much like them, I think you'll realize the error of your ways at some point in the future. Either way, try not to take it too hard when the franchise doesn't see things your way and they take a more responsible path than you'd have them go down.

7. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

You said you're completely fine with Brock/Savage/rookie for next year.

Pretty much invalidates everything you say from here on out... you can also tell when the bullshit is in full force with your posts, as it takes you 500 words to say nothing.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Thank you for your opinion, I'll consider it for what it is worth. You can feel free to keep on with your Madden tips while the big kids talk about the actual team.

9. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Another goto bullshit response. Along with you claiming everybody to be drunk.

After 1000 posts/day, I'd figure you to be better.

But again, you're fine with the current state of QB's and you honestly believe that last season was successful, so you're obviously not on an appropriate level.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You being drunk would be a fun excuse, but I know that's not the case. You are just crazy hot take guy. It happens. I heard the same types of things you are saying now when I was telling people months before the 2014 draft that the Texans were not going to draft a QB. You guys just never seem to learn.

11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Never said that. I was all for Clowney. Most reasonable fans were... just like most now realize they need an upgrade at QB.

Your hot take of the year is that this team should stick with Brock/savage/rookie.

"Everything is fine.gif"

You're a characature of yourself.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I never said that you were one of them, I'm just comparing how you are now to how people were then. It's the same sort of thing. Anyway, I guess it's best to just wait till reality slaps you in the face and you realize what I'm saying is how it is. You don't have to like it, I'm not saying I like that the reality of the situation is that the Texans are almost certainly going to have Osweiler, Savage and a rookie or Romo, Osweiler, and a rookie.....it's just how it is. I know you think they should sell the farm for the next scrub the Patriots are pawning off on people or whatever, but it's just not going to happen. You'll have to come to terms with that on your own. Shed a few tears and move on.

13. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Now, you say you don't like it? But you're arguing desperately for it?

Your true sheepish colors are ringing true... it's clear that you have no idea how to recover from the hole you continue to dig.

Again, you're on record saying you're just fine with the current QB's. And apparently everybody who isn't has some possible fandom issue, which couldn't be further from the case.

Communism!

14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's absolutely pathetic that you STILL aren't following what I've been saying. How about instead of counting how many words I say, you put some effort into understanding them so you stop making an ass out of yourself? I truly don't want to believe that you are incapable of doing a better job of reading comprehension.

15. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Ah, the old reading comprehension copout.

It's plain as day to everyone here what you've been saying and where you stand.

Doesn't make it any less sad and desperate on your part.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, yes, pointing out that you have been displaying the reading comprehension skills of a 5 year old is a "copout".

Anyway, I truly wish that it was "plain as day" to you what I was saying, then I wouldn't have to keep correcting you....which thus far has proven futile given that you immediately mischaracterize what i'm saying as soon as I get finished.

I think it's best we just end this here, you aren't going to get any less "special", and reality isn't going to change. We'll just revisit this later once you realize that things ended up pretty much as I told you they would.

17. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

And now the let's end it diarrheal verbage.

Your only stance is that Brock/Savage/rookie is just fine.. because any other potential option would be "irresponsible".

This isn't rocket science. It's barely elementary... since even most grade school kids recognize that they need a QB upgrade.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I assume everyone else here aside from Nick and trolls like Mr Clutch is smart enough to realize that I was talking about the reality of the Texans situation at QB. That they weren't going to throw draft picks at another backup QB the Patriots are trying to dump, that there isn't an answer at QB for next season in the draft, that unless Tony Romo wants to take a massive pay cut he's not a legitimate option. As much as it makes Nick cry himself to sleep at night, Osweiler is going to be on the roster due to his contract and unless someone like Tony Romo takes a massive pay cut to play here till he gets hurt there's a good chance that he'll be the starting QB next season. Now sure, there's also a good chance that it would be Savage who would win the QB competition, but if a QB is drafted and Tony Romo signs here, Savage will be cut.

Based on that reality, it's smart to fix the O line and hope that we get more from the QB position even if we don't end up with a shiny new QB to start for the team. Stupid fantasies like trading up for whatever QB you happen to think is the best in this class or picking up the next garbage backup QB the Patriots are trying to dump just aren't going to happen and honestly wouldn't even be a good thing.

Also, even if you don't want to hear it because you are in the depths of despair, if Osweiler starts next season for the Texans and only manages to get back to how he was playing in Denver then the Texans will have secured a serious upgrade at QB over last season. Now, we can go back and forth over if it's possible that BOB could get out of him what Kubiak did or not, but the basic fact still stands.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I also know that some people get upset with lengthy, thought out responses.....you'll just have to forgive me for having more to say and saying it better and more accurately than one would in 3 or 4 short snarky sentences.

20. mick fry

mick fry Member

I'm going back for more popcorn. :)

deb4rockets likes this.